I wrote about cooking and meal planning during the 31 Days series and apparently I have passion and feelings about the topic. Large feelings. What can I say? I’m a foodie and I love to feed people. I want you to love it too, so I’m making it a tad bit less daunting. Because those people we live with? Are ALWAYS hungry. Every. single. day. Hope this helps your 5:00 stress!
Visit my full meal planning guide for busy moms!
- Monday, November 4—Balsamic Pork Tenderloin , Cooked Apples, Roasted Brussel Sprouts (just drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, roast at 400 for 40 min then drizzle with a little maple syrup!)
- Tuesday, November 5—Quiche Lorraine and Farmer’s Salad (For the salad, I use spinach, apples, and celery, then make an apple vinaigrette by cooking a few pieces of bacon, removing them and using the bacon fat (~2T), 1 T. dijon mustard, 3 T. apple cider vinegar, a splash of apple juice or apple cider, 1/2 cup olive oil, salt, pepper and 2 T. honey—this is my FAVORITE salad of all time in the history of ever. Sprinkle the salad with the bacon you just cooked and if you’re having it for lunch one day without the quiche, add a fried egg on top!)
- Wednesday, November 6—Latin Beef Stew
- Thursday, November 7—Leftovers, (Use beef or pork leftovers from yesterday to make simple beef tacos and serve with salad and cilantro lime vinaigrette)
- Friday, November 8—Homemade Pizza (we made a new flavor this weekend with pesto, spicy eye-talian sausage, feta, spinach and sun dried tomatoes—SO GOOD!)
- Saturday, November 9—Roasted Butternut Bisque with leftover pizza (a surprisingly awesome combination!) recipe to follow this week!
- Sunday, November 10—Rocky Top Chili (Make a full batch and use leftovers for baked potato bar tomorrow!)
- Monday, November 11—Baked Potato Bar (Wrap large potatoes in aluminum foil, adding salt, pepper, and a pat of butter before you wrap them up. Bake at 400 for 1 hour, 45 minutes. Serve with leftover chili, chives (don’t forego the chives!!), cheddar cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, and butter. I usually make a salad and bread to serve alongside.
- Tuesday, November 12—Pumpkin Chipotle Soup with barley and chicken
- Wednesday, November 13—Skinny Italian Meatballs, served on pasta or italian bread
- Thursday, November 14—Leftovers plus Salad of mixed baby greens, gorgonzola and pomegranate seeds
- Friday, November 15—Crock Pot Chipotle Burritos (use the leftover chipotle from Tuesday!)
- Saturday, November 16—Onion Bisque Soup with Cheese Toast Floaters (recipe coming!)
- Sunday, November 17—Colossal Club Sandwiches and all the leftover soups from the week!
- Monday, November 18—Broccoli Cheese Soup with Homemade Honey Wheat Bread
- Tuesday, November 19—Crock Pot Curried Chicken with Cauliflower (I use Trader Joe’s curry sauce)
- Wednesday, November 20—Patty Melts and Roasted Sweet Potatoe wedges (Have I ever professed my love for patty melts? Consider it done!)
- Thursday, November 21—Sausage and Broccoli pasta (my own recipe coming soon!)
- Friday, November 22—Copy cat Chick-Fil-A sandwiches
- Saturday, November 23—Cheeseburger Soup with Kale
- Sunday, November 24—Pasta with Whiskey, Wine, and Mushrooms (buy enough mushroom for the soup tomorrow!)
Week 4 (Thanksgiving Week!)
- Monday, November 25—Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Tuesday, November 26—Rotisserie Chicken salad with Homemade Caesar dressing
- Wednesday, November 27—Shrimp Fried Rice (I like something totally un-Thanksgiving-like and this recipe is awesome!)
- Thursday, November 28—(posted separately, later this month!)
- Friday, November 29—Leek and Potato Soup, Turkey Pesto paninis (recipe coming!)
- Saturday, November 30—Turkey salad (I do a version of this recipe, adding interesting leftovers from Thanksgiving!)
I have used emeals a lot in the past and their program coordinates with the sales at various grocery stores, so click on the link below and check out their plans, too!
Hope your November is off to an awesome start!
If you’re new around here? Thank you for visiting my blog! I’m honored you’re here and I hope you’ll find some encouragement (and some laughter!) for your days. Visit my about page, which highlights some of my popular posts or will at least show you a peak into my crazy people. You can subscribe to this blog by email here. I am currently addicted to Pinterest, so follow at your own risk. I also post updates to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.