October Menu Plan

by Edie Wadsworth on September 30, 2013

octobermenuplan

We’re entering into one of my favorite months, beautiful October.  Starting tomorrow, I’ll  be busy doing my 31 Days series on Less and More, so I thought a well planned month of eating all our favorite fall foods would be a great way to start a busy month.  It seemed like the perfect little gift to you, too, for meeting me here everyday and being so encouraging and supportive!  And since I like to call myself the Soup Whisperer, I couldn’t be more excited about the arrival of soup season! Maybe this little list will  ease some of your meal planning stress!  I have a 4 post series on meal planning, so make sure you check it out, too!

Beautiful October, Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 5

Check out my What’s For Supper Pin board for more ideas!

6cf0d53e595cb4529ff8a4a4a3cf23ca

(found on Pinterest, of course!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

1 Christi {Jealous Hands} September 30, 2013 at 7:09 am

Yummy! Every single meal sounds delicious! xo

2 paige September 30, 2013 at 7:30 am

how do you do it all sister?
what a flippin IMPRESSIVE and mouth watering menu.
you are a blessing
see you in a few weeks!

3 Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles September 30, 2013 at 7:42 am

I’m thankful for Octobers, too. Wish we could have 3 or 4 of them and just skip Jan, Feb, & Mar!! There’s so much good looking food on your menu. Thank you so much for linking to my lasagna soup, it’s a great meal that goes over well with a wide variety of people. Enjoy!

4 Kristen @ Joyfullythriving September 30, 2013 at 7:55 am

Wow! I’m impressed. I have my month of Freezer Meals planned out…but not quite all my regular meals. It is nice to have a plan, though. Love the Anne of Green Gables quote, because really? Who doesn’t love Anne?

5 susie September 30, 2013 at 9:03 am

Hi Edie
I am a new subscriber, I can’t tell you how much I enjoy reading and receiving your blogs each day. I am definitely going to try the Pumpkin Soup. It sounds so warm and “fallish”.

6 Leah September 30, 2013 at 9:16 am

So great! I use your google calendar method for menu planning and it has been life changing. I also made pumpkin chipotle soup yesterday– my favorite! thank you!

7 Meredith September 30, 2013 at 9:49 am

Edie, I am wondering how you balance health with being a foodie? We struggle with weight in our family, despite the fact that we cook nearly everything from scratch. Do you pair a salad with most of these meals or if not, how do you work in all the vegetables required per day? Thanks for the lovely meal plan!

8 Kim | Just For Clicks September 30, 2013 at 10:10 am

I {heart} October too! Thanks so much for sharing your menu plan! Just pinned it to borrow your ideas. Looking forward to your 31 days series.

9 Christy September 30, 2013 at 10:17 am

YUMolicious!! Can I come for one or two of these dinners? I’ll bring the tea and a bucket load of compliments. ;) Thanks for sharing all this goodness. Hope to incorporate lots of these into my October.
Blessings!

10 beverly September 30, 2013 at 10:44 am

Which of the soups is in the photo shown at the top of the page? I’d love a bowl of that one now!
Also, I hope you’ll reply to Meredith’s question. I need those answers also.
Thank you.

11 Lisa M. September 30, 2013 at 11:04 am

Got some great new menu ideas, thank you! And I love that saying and beautiful picture! I just ordered and received some notecards by katygirldesigns on etsy that have that saying on them. They’re beautiful…you should check them out!

12 laura@libertyfarmchronicles September 30, 2013 at 11:15 am

Your varied and thoughtful menu plan draws me first to your heart and then certainly, to your table. A couple of slower days for me has afforded opportunity for some revamped and refreshed planning- thanks for the boost in inspiration and sources! Blessings to you and all your beloveds in this beautiful gift of a season and month. Looking forward to all that October will reap.
xoxo
Laura

13 kate marrin September 30, 2013 at 11:52 am

My guess is that you don’t ever have to say dinner’s ready twice! I’d be lined up at 3pm waiting on all that goodness…..

14 Paula September 30, 2013 at 11:59 am

This is awesome! Thanks a bunch

15 Julie in Michigan September 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Oh thank you so much for these meal ideas, I cannot wait to try some of these!!

16 Cortney September 30, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Hi Edie! This all looks so yummy! Way to plan so far ahead! Quick question-is the cheese tortellini soup freezable? :) thanks!!

17 Cindy September 30, 2013 at 12:47 pm

What is the soup in the top picture? It appears to be mushroom soup but I did not see the recipe on your menu. I love mushroom soup.

18 Martha September 30, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Oh wow…what an amazing menu! You don’t do anything mediocre. I have planned my meals per month for over 40 years and they seem positively boring and pedestrian compared to yours….you are always an inspiration! I am going to have to kick it up a notch or two, but my menu will never compare to yours!
I love this quote so much, almost as much as I loved Anne of Green Gables. My daughter was 12 when she read the series and the “kindred spirit” idea charmed her and inspired her to look for a friend like that.
Looking forward to tomorrow.

19 Jennifer Brown September 30, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I am so envious of your soup whisperer skills! I can only make 2 soups even though I love to eat them. This Oct. I am going to make it a priority to try to make more. Your recipes sound delicious!

20 Christy September 30, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Question No.1- How do you not weigh 400lbs?! :)
Question No.2- The link to the Beef Chimichangas isn’t working. Can you fix it for me?
Everything sounds fabulous! I can’t wait to make the Shrimp & Grits!

21 Edie Wadsworth September 30, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Oh, honey, I love good food. So I run a few days a week and try to have times of fasting as well as feasting. But, pretty much, I’m a foodie!! I’ll fix that link b/c chimichangas as my love language! :)
xoxo

22 Edie Wadsworth September 30, 2013 at 4:19 pm

And? I’m trying to lose ten pounds!!

23 Christy September 30, 2013 at 4:47 pm

I’m a fellow foodie in need of shedding a few pounds myself! I just wish I could figure out how to indulge my love of good and cooking without having to run.

24 Christy September 30, 2013 at 4:51 pm

*food*

25 Bree September 30, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Yum! Reading this has made me hungry (and given me some menu ideas).

26 Valarie September 30, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Inspired…. Not sure how you get everything done in a day… Maybe I need a lesson in time blocking calendars…. Thanks for all you do… wonderful you….

27 Edie Wadsworth September 30, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Valarie!
I so don’t get everything done!! Part of our 31 Days series will be on prioritizing and time management, but I feel like I’m not nearly as productive as I once was. I think we all struggle with this and we all have to let some things go. You are so sweet and you’re welcome.
xoxo,
edie

28 Reeve September 30, 2013 at 8:57 pm

oh man, thanks so much for this! I’m sure I will pull off it all fall long:)

29 Garrett September 30, 2013 at 9:19 pm

This is like an early Christmas gift, really! Love changing up our meals and these three kiddos seem to get hungrier earlier in the fall. Must be all those after school activities. Thank you for sharing these yummy ideas.

30 Tina October 1, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Thank you for the menu planning ideas! I’ve printed a dozen of them and am going to use them for the next 2 weeks! I love planning, I just don’t do it enough and I really want to…thanks for the inspiration:)
xoxo

31 Gina in Louisville October 1, 2013 at 7:49 pm

thank you thank you thank you thank you

32 Michelle October 1, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Thank you so much, Edie! I cannot wait to try all the soups! Your Broccoli Cheese soup has already become one of our family favorites. :)

33 Melissa Martin October 2, 2013 at 8:41 am

I am in such a dinner rut it is not funny or really fair to any of us that sit around our dinner table most nights. So thank you for this beautiful and yummy sounding inspiration. It might just be the motivator for me to start really cooking again.

34 Erin October 3, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Edie, thank you for all the new recipe ideas. I’m inspired to try out the new recipes, although that paella recipe sounds like a serious amount of work. My son loves paella, so I think I’ll have him help me make it, then the work turns into fun! So excited!

p.s. I hope you will share another month full of your recipes with us. I love trying new things…

35 Mela October 6, 2013 at 9:18 am

Thank you so very much for sharing your month of meals. In my younger life I use to create a monthly menu plan, but have let go of that wonderful habit. You are inspiring me to get back in the saddle. I must say, the meals you have put together for this month are awesome! I also love the Google calendar idea. I actually already had a menu calendar set up but wasn’t using it nor did I realize I could copy and paste recipes in the description – what brilliant idea! Keep inspiring us…..Blessings on your day.

36 Heather October 8, 2013 at 1:21 am

Alright, lady, I made that paella! My dad’s birthday was on the 1st, and I’ve always wanted to try a paella recipe. I figured this would be the perfect time to try it!

Wow. It was really good! Very complex. I wouldn’t want to make a complicated recipe like that every day, but for a special dinner here and there it’s so fun. I will not get all these recipes done in October, but between this paella and your pumpkin soup, I’ll try anything you recommend.

Cheers,
Heather

37 Cindy January 24, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Hi Edie,

I’ve been enjoying trying your recipes lately! I was in a cooking rut and now feel like I’m a good cook again!

Do you have a mushroom soup recipe and also one for baked beans?

Thank you for all you do to encourage us.

Cindy