31 Days to a Heart of Hospitality {an ebook for you}

by Edie Wadsworth on January 21, 2013

Since I can’t bake you a pie and whisk you off to my screened porch for a good cup of a coffee and a long chat, this ebook  is the next best thing.

This work is born out of heartache.  When we lost our house to fire 2 years ago, I wasn’t sure I’d ever recover.

I sat in our driveway and watched our dreams burn to the ground.

I grieved so many things and felt loss like I’d never known.

I cried out for answers.  Why us?  Why this?

But our suffering isn’t lost on our Father.  It’s only His grace in disguise.

And He will twist every heartache into joy.

While we worked hard to rebuild the bricks and mortar, He went to work on our stone hearts.

The truth is, we don’t have to lose everything to feel our poverty.  We sense it in the depths of our souls.

It’s all just rubble.  And our card houses teeter on disaster.  We’re all a mess, house fire or not.

We know we need  someone——-someone who knows us and loves us in spite of ourselves.

That is the hospitality of scripture.

That is the warm welcome we receive from Christ himself.

It’s about learning to live from that vulnerable place where we open ourselves to love.

And ultimately, it’s about Him—-The perfect Host who provides for everything we sinners need, right down to the best wine for the wedding feast.

This ebook is for anyone who has felt his own poverty and known the redemption of being loved anyway.

This is hospitality, on purpose.

************************

The ebook is available in two forms, as a pdf and as a digital epub file. You get both forms of the file for $5.

If you want to read the book on your computer or print it out, you’ll want to download the pdf file.

If you want to download the file to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, then you’ll want the epub file.

You will get access to both the pdf file and the digital file with your purchase.

For the pdf file, you’ll simply click on the link given on the downloads page and it will open the file on your computer’s browser.
For the digital file, you’ll need to download the epub file to your computer and then click and drag that file into iTunes under the ‘Books’ section.   Plug in your mobile device and sync the ebook with your device and you’ll be reading it on your iPhone or  iPad in no time.

Click here to buy the book for $5!

(And thank you in advance for supporting my work—smooches all around!)

Note about the download!!!

It seems that about 10% of you aren’t being redirected to the page that contains the downloads.  If you have trouble, just email me and I’ll send them to you myself!

My email is  ”ediewadsworth(at)mac(dot)com.

If you’d like the chance  to receive free downloads later today, please leave a comment and either tweet or facebook about the ebook’s release!  Thank you so much in advance for spreading the word!

Don’t forget to visit my freshly updated ‘About’ page and then head on over and subscribe to my blog via email!

1 laura January 21, 2013 at 10:39 pm

Huzzah!
Thanks for your work, sweat, heartburn, time, gift of words, and love.
You serve so well.
You’ve birthed a beautiful baby that can change hearts and lives.
Blessings, friend.

2 edie January 22, 2013 at 5:57 am

gosh, it’s scary how much like a birth it feels!
i could hardly sleep last night.
thank you so much for your beautiful words—-they inspire!
you have quite a gift, Ms. Laura!
much love,
edie

3 Richella @ Imparting Grace January 21, 2013 at 10:46 pm

Edie, dear woman. So many thanks–for this book, for the life that you’re living, and for the Giver of Life whom you’re praising. Every blessing to you.

4 edie January 22, 2013 at 5:53 am

thank you dear Richella! you are such an encouragement to me.
i’m so glad blog world made us friends:)))
much love to you and yours,
edie

5 Sarah L. January 21, 2013 at 11:54 pm

I can’t wait to savor it all. Congratulations on this labor of love and hospitality. What a gift you are giving to each of us.

So many words & thoughts are swirling in my head about how I see you and the life you are leading. But it all comes back to this you are growing & sharing and we are learning & gaining from it. You are a blessing to many and I pray for God’s blessings for you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Edie!

6 edie January 22, 2013 at 5:54 am

i am so humbled and thankful for friends like you.
you are such a blessing.
sending love and hugs your way!
edie

7 Christine January 22, 2013 at 6:02 am

“The truth is, we don’t have to lose everything to feel our poverty. We sense it in the depths of our souls. It’s all just rubble. And our card houses teeter on disaster. We’re all a mess, house fire or not.
We know we need someone——-someone who knows us and loves us in spite of ourselves. That is the hospitality of scripture. That is the warm welcome we receive from Christ himself.” — Beautifully said, Edie! Your words and faith in the midst of your tragedy were an overwhelming comfort to me as I stumbled through my own. Congrats on the ebook!!!

8 Carol S. January 22, 2013 at 6:51 am

I’m in. Thanks Edie.

9 Amy Avery January 22, 2013 at 7:10 am

My heart fills with joy for you Edie as you publish this e-book. I am looking forward to purchasing it and reading the Spirit filled words that are on its pages. There are so many things that I love and appreciate about you, but the one thing that I appreciate the most is your willingness ot allow God to work in and through you in every circumstance to shine his light ot others. You have always inspired me because of that. Thank you! Iam gonna now go shout it from Facebook Mountain that your e-book is ready and waiting to be received. Love you dear friend!

10 Ruth January 22, 2013 at 7:54 am

I am so happy for you sweet Edie!!! This ebook, your heart child, will be an encouragement and blessing to all who read it. Your grace and southern hospitality will draw us in. And God’s grace flowing through you will refresh our weary souls, that we will not grow weary in doing good but press on. Thank you for openly sharing with us your heart, your life, your home!!
I will spread the word!!
Hugs :))

11 Southern Gal January 22, 2013 at 8:09 am

Everyone else has expressed it so well. My words would be inadequate.
I’m just sending a big hug your way!
Renee

12 amy January 22, 2013 at 8:23 am

yes, Christ is the ultimate & most gracious host.

13 Claudia January 22, 2013 at 8:40 am

I found your blog shortly before your house burned. Your family was in my prayers as you rebuilt. Thank you for sharing your servants heart with us.

14 MarySue January 22, 2013 at 9:04 am

How very much I appreciate your description of hospitality not being inviting people into our perfect homes but rather into our imperfect hearts. I want that to “stick” with me. Inspired. Thank you. Wishing you a blessed day.

15 Kellie January 22, 2013 at 9:15 am

You keep amazing me with your many talents.

Go Edie!

16 Diane January 22, 2013 at 9:16 am

Can’t wait to read this…follow your blog for a long time:)

17 Kris January 22, 2013 at 9:16 am

What a wonderful gift to share with your readers! I look forward to getting this rebook!

18 abby January 22, 2013 at 9:17 am

Edie,
I’ll be adding your ebook to my to-do list. You are always so inspiring. My imperfect heart and home could use a pick me up and I could use a little more confidence.Thanks for all you do to inspire us to be better and embrace our creative spirits.

Some things that have changed since I read your 31 Days to Hospitality on the blog:
Making bread regularly (it didn’t start out very well)
Creating a baking center
Inviting friends over for dinner
Baking treats for my family
Delivering cinnamon rolls to friends

19 edie January 24, 2013 at 6:59 am

That is so cool, Abby!
Thanks for sharing:))

20 michelle January 22, 2013 at 9:19 am

I’ve never commented here before but am so super excited for this! This 31 day series completely changed the way I look at hospitality in my home and for my family….that it can be an every day thing, one more way for my hubby and kiddos to feel safe and loved in our home. Thanks so much Edie.

21 Lynn G. January 22, 2013 at 9:21 am

I enjoy your blog, you always encourage my heart!
I’m excited for your book!
Lynn

22 Dori January 22, 2013 at 9:34 am

Beautiful! I can’t wait to read it! Your writing puts me in a better place every time I read it. Thanks so much for sharing your life and time!

23 edie January 24, 2013 at 7:00 am

Awww, thanks Dori!

24 Andrea January 22, 2013 at 9:37 am

Great job! He turns our mourning into dancing. I dance for you! :) YEAH!

25 Christine at Salt & Twine January 22, 2013 at 9:56 am

Me again. I posted part of my own story today, in large part, feeling encouraged by everything you offer here. I love reading your blog and we’re totally friends in my head. LOL. Thanks, and congrats, again!!!

26 Robin January 22, 2013 at 10:13 am

Hi Edie,
So excited to read your ebook! BUT I ordered it and never received anything to download. I have my receipt from Paypal (although I used my credit card on their form) but there is nowhere to download the file. Should I have received an email from you with the download? Maybe I am just too impatient in thinking that it would be instantly there. Maybe it takes time for you to review? Anyway, I look forward to finding out how to open it. Thank you! You are a blessing!

27 Skeeter January 22, 2013 at 10:15 am

Thank you so much for releasing this in ebook form. I loved every post from the series!! And yes, it’s all His amazing grace … from the beginning. :)

28 Denise January 22, 2013 at 10:20 am

Edie,
My life has been turned upide down by a tradegy of a different kind. The past 7 months have been hard to say the least. Your blog has been a great source for me to turn to because your words seem to sooth my soul. I cannot wait to read your ebook, I need to read it…….Free would be fantastic because I cannot begin to even explain our situation. All I know is that my husband is fighting luekemia without a good prognosis. I have learned that I am suppose to somehow help others in similar situations but not sure how at the moment. I love seeinghow you and your family have been rebirthed after the fire……It’s very inspiring to know someday my family can experience it as well.
Love to you!!!

29 edie January 26, 2013 at 9:13 am

I’d love to send you a free copy, denise.
and i prayed for you this morning.
you are loved by your Father and He will not ‘waste’ this heartache.
He will use it for your good, and His glory.
much love to you and yours,
xoxo,
edie

30 Gina January 22, 2013 at 10:25 am

Congrats Edie!! Can’t wait to read it. :)

31 June January 22, 2013 at 10:25 am

This is your aqua net and guitar moment,,Yay for you!!! You’re a star !!!

32 edie January 24, 2013 at 7:01 am

:))))

33 Julie January 22, 2013 at 10:53 am

So excited for you – congratulations!

34 julianna January 22, 2013 at 10:58 am

Congrats to you! Free copy or not, I’m sure it’s fabulous.

35 julie January 22, 2013 at 11:10 am

hooray!!! i know it will be wonderful :) congrats on your accomplishment!

36 Jennifer M January 22, 2013 at 11:32 am

Congratulations! I am so looking forward to reading this. It will be a lovely addition to my quiet time. You have a wonderful way with words! Thank you for sharing.

37 Tara January 22, 2013 at 11:32 am

Sounds wonderfully refreshing!

38 Kirsten Olinphant January 22, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Sounds great! What a lovely testimony and challenge.

39 Karen P January 22, 2013 at 12:10 pm

So looking forward to this! What a wonderful testimony to God’s faithfulness.

40 Carrie Roberts January 22, 2013 at 12:15 pm

What an inspiration! Good luck on the e-book launch!

41 Laurie January 22, 2013 at 12:22 pm

congrats! can’t wait to read it! I always love reading about your parties and guest sleepovers! I even began making a “guest room list” (based on yours) for the day I finally have a guest room so my company will feel so loved and at home! Thanks again!

42 Tracy January 22, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Congratulations on your book – yours is a wonderful story! Love your blog!

43 Mott January 22, 2013 at 12:26 pm

John 10:10
The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Topicalbible.org—AKJV

God had His hand on you and your family and He rescued all of you for a purpose. There is always room for us to grow and learn, no matter our age. It is wonderful when we open up and let God create within us the opportunity to serve others and that, my friend, is what hospitality is all about. He will use our deepest pain for His gain. You are such a blessing to many and so many lives have been touched through your blog. Thanks, Edie!

44 Lisa M. January 22, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Just found your blog about 2 weeks ago and I’m in love :)
Just purchased the ebook and cannot wait to read. Although, I’m not exactly sure how it’s being delivered? Email?
Anyway, this blog is so, so inspiring and I look forward to reading it everyday.
Thanks so much!

45 edie January 24, 2013 at 7:01 am

It should redirect you to a page that has the links for downloading.
If not, I can email them to you!

46 Jamie January 22, 2013 at 1:04 pm

I was at the Pearl Event last year, your testimony of God’s faithfulness inspired me. I so would love a copy of your book. “The rubble” is a word that God keeps bringing to me this year. Blessings to you and your family. Thank you for being obedient to God.

47 susan bourgeois January 22, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Love reading your blog<3

48 Darla baerg January 22, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Can’t wait to read it! Going to tweet now. :)

49 Kalani Allred January 22, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I am so looking forward to reading – you are such an inspiring daughter of God. Thank you for sharing your words, thoughts and ideas in this form!

50 Joy January 22, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Edie, thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. After reading your blog I always feel enriched and blessed . Also thanks for including the two different ways to read/listen to the book. I look forward to reading the ebook. Once again thank you.

51 Valerie January 22, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I have been following your blog since around the time your lost your home to a fire. Your words and heart have been an inspiration to me. It always amazes me how God uses people to speak to me in moments I need them. Your series on hospitality blessed and blessed again as I read and re-read your posts. I can’t wait to get the e-book. Furthermore, I can’t wait to hear more from your blog as you embrace life so richly…and so eloquently put in to words what really matters.

52 edie January 24, 2013 at 7:04 am

What sweet encouragement, Valerie! Bless you and thank you:)))

53 Debbie January 22, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Looking forward to reading this! I purchased through Paypal, but am unsure how to access the ebook. Is there a link somewhere that I am missing? Thanks!

54 Janice January 22, 2013 at 1:54 pm

I’m looking forward to this; I enjoy your work, and your thoughts!

55 Lindsay January 22, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Wow, Edie, I cannot wait to read this! I’m purchasing mine now. It always amazes me how God works. And why does it amaze me? Doesn’t He always? Anyway, several things in my life right now need to hear this…it’s perfect! Thank you for the blood, sweat, and tears on this one. I know it’ll make an impact on me and many others :)

56 edie January 24, 2013 at 7:04 am

Awww, thank you so much Lindsay. Makes all the time and effort so worth it:)))

57 Mary-Beth January 22, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Hi Edie! I purchased your ebook (and am SO excited to read it!), but I haven’t received a link or anything to actually download the book. Are we supposed to get an e-mail? I have my receipt from PayPal. Thanks for any help with this!

58 Honey Boo! January 22, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Way to go, Edie! I’m so proud of you. Your hospitality series was fabulous and I’m sure your book will be a huge hit too! Much love to you!!!

59 LLH Designs January 22, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I love the way sweet Paige gushed about you. I told her I’d love to be in the same room with the two of you. Sparks would fly! I found your blog just after the fire. Wept with you, and have learned so much about my own heart through your journey. Thanks for continuing to share your story.

xo,
Linsey

60 edie January 26, 2013 at 9:15 am

thank you so much! and i can’t wait to see her again this year, she’s amazing!!
bless you for your kindness :))

61 cindy January 22, 2013 at 5:58 pm

Hi Edie,
I purchased your ebook, but I don’t see where I can download it. Thank you in advance for your help.

62 tara lowry January 22, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I followed two of the 31 day series, and one of them was yours.
You have nailed it with this truth….
“Hospitality isn’t about inviting people into our perfect homes, it’s about inviting them into our imperfect hearts.”

I have been turned inside out with your series and I can’t wait to read through the ebook with fresh eyes and an open heart to what the Lord wants to do in my own soul in regards to opening up my imperfect life to others.

You’re dear to all of us….

63 angela January 22, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Purchased! Proud! (Don’t see how to download but I know you will let us know.) NOW, go breathe! YOU DID IT!

64 Steph January 22, 2013 at 11:51 pm

hi there! i purchased your new book last night and i’m not sure how to access it! :)

65 Diane January 23, 2013 at 1:04 am

Hi! This is amazing….your ebook and the fact that you are here on my computer! A few days ago, I was thinking about all the great blogs out there in blogland and thought of you…wondering what happened after the fire and how you all were and where you were. I must (for some dratted reason) erased your blog somewhere along the way as I could not find it. It kept nagging away at me…wondering wondering…and lo and behold I opened up Perfectly Imperfect and there you were! I am so glad that you are doing well and as I am out of town right now, I will download your ebook when I return home. It looks GREAT!
Thanks!! Diane

66 edie January 26, 2013 at 9:22 am

oh, how cool, diane!
that has happened to me before too and OH THE JOY of finding the long lost blogger again!
and that shaunna? she’s simply amazing!!!
:)))

67 Michelle Whitaker January 23, 2013 at 7:21 am

Looking forward to reading it from page to page.

68 Laura January 23, 2013 at 10:18 am

WooHoo! Can’t wait to read every word! I purchased through PayPal but not sure how to download now? Please help!

69 Christie January 23, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I can’t wait to read it … I have a kindle so please don’t be shy to announce when you have it ready for kindle!!!

70 Rebekah January 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm

So excited to hear you have an ebook! I am new to your blog and have just now caught up on the last chapter of your life. Amazing! So grateful for your choice to cling to God through all that has happened and now can tell of joy in your life. Means so much! Blessings all ’round, y’all!

71 Sheila Atchley January 23, 2013 at 3:17 pm

GOEDIEGOEDIEGOEDIE! Prayin’ down sweet blessing on you, my fellow southerner and East Tennesseean! Can’t wait to read the book…

72 Lizzy January 23, 2013 at 4:38 pm

You inspire me. Best wishes on your ebook!

73 KTG January 23, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Dear Edie, Pay pal charged my account where do I find the book? I would probably read it in a day :)

74 KTG January 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Yipee opened easily in IBooks. Reading in front of my fire tonight ! After I get the babies tubbied.
Thank you!!

75 Tammy Prater January 23, 2013 at 5:40 pm

congratulations edie!

76 Kathryn C January 23, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Hi Edie – know I probably missed something in the instructions but I cannot find where to access the PDF file for you ebook?? I purchased it Monday night and still haven’t been able to solve the mystery. Can you please let me know what I need to do. Looking forward to reading it! Thanks.

77 Heidi @ Decor & More January 23, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Oh, I can’t wait to drink this in during some quiet moments… thank you for this gift of your heart and home. Blessings!
xo Heidi

78 Carol S. January 23, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Help! Edie can you add a “NOTE” to this post that explains what to do once you’ve paid for the ebook and are waiting for an email with a download? Thank you, looking forward to reading it all.

79 Angela January 24, 2013 at 7:57 am

I just bought it and can’t wait to read it!! I’m so happy for you and inspired.
Heather, is really bumming me out about not going to Blissdom this year. You guys have a little extra fun for me! (I will be in Dallas the week before visiting family, so the Hubs won’t go for it!)
Hugs,
Angela

80 Tasha January 24, 2013 at 11:50 am

How like our Lord and Savior to make something so beautiful out of such an ugly time.
He has certainly made beauty from the ashes.
You are a wonderful example of allowing the Lord to refine one and bring out the beauty that was there all along and use it to minister to others. One either hardens the heart and becomes bitter after a tragedy or allows the Lord to refine oneself and come out on the other side wiser and full of His love.

Thank you for passing along your gift of hospitality through this lovely e-book.

Tasha

81 Deanna January 24, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Bought mine! Can’t wait to snuggle down with it – today is the perfect rainy day to take in all the Edie goodness…miss you, lady!!

82 coco plum January 26, 2013 at 12:48 am

i have started your 31 days to a heart of hospitality and am thrilled its in an e-book version. i am so glad to see that you addressed the heart of the issue…the heart. i am both challenged, blessed and convicted. wish i could sit with you face to face over a cup of tea and hear this words from you…what a blessing technology is that the titus 2 model of learning from other women can continue through your little e-book.

83 jenny January 26, 2013 at 11:04 am

Can’t wait to read it! You give so much of yourself to us all daily with words of His truth & encouragement. It’s been a blessing to follow your journey because it leads us to Christ Who meets ALL of our needs according to HIS riches! Thank you for giving so richly of yourself. With Love, Jenny

84 Amanda @ Serenity Now January 26, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I very, very rarely purchase ebooks because our budget is super-tight these days and I don’t have a lot of money to spend on extra “fun” stuff. But this looks like a wonderful read! I saw the link at The Nester’s place and had to hop over to find out more. Can’t wait to read this one, Edie. :) I think this book will be a blessing to a lot of people. :)

85 kari January 28, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Edie,
You are amazing…I love your heart! And I am here to say I am so very excited about your ebook! It is an absolute inspiration to me.
I just got back form the grocery store….and stocked my pantry and my baking goods. Thank you, thank you, thank you for living from your heart. And sharing what our father has gifted you with!!
Love,
Kari

86 Mindy W January 28, 2013 at 11:00 pm

I just purchased it and once I gently pry my iPad away from my children, I will sit down and make my heart and home ready for those I love. Best wishes for you! Found you through Flower Patch Farmgirl. I’ve already invited her over for a nap on my couch and scones afterwards. :)

87 Candy October 3, 2013 at 11:59 am

I purchased this ebook on September 26th, have written a post here asking how/when I will receive it, but I still have not heard anything. Please help.

88 ford superduty March 21, 2014 at 1:15 pm

No more excuses that your late because of traffic buildup.
While these trends are being done mostly by modern car enthusiasts, car purists tend to be stricter on the restoration process.
Each of them also feature a silent-design cam drive for a quiet and comfortable operation and a fail-safe cooling system;
they’re also flex-fuel-capable, which basically implies that they’re capable of working
on E85, unleaded gasoline or a mixture of both.

89 ver peliculas online April 6, 2014 at 12:23 am

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the structure of
your site? Its very well written; I love what youve
got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
Youve got an awful lot of text for only
having 1 or two pictures. Maybe you could space it
out better?

90 cake topper for wedding April 27, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in truth used to be a enjoyment account it.
Look advanced to more delivered agreeable from you!
By the way, how can we keep up a correspondence?

91 Dianabol April 29, 2014 at 10:07 pm

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of information.

I’m happy that you simply shared this useful
information with us. Please stay us up to date like
this. Thanks for sharing.

92 Final Fantasy XIV hacks July 24, 2014 at 6:12 am

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts in this kind
of space . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this
web site. Reading this info So i am happy to convey that I have a very
excellent uncanny feeling I found out just what I
needed. I most without a doubt will make sure to don?t forget
this website and provides it a look regularly.

93 Christa September 16, 2014 at 10:41 am

I purchased your book but the confirmation had no like to download it. What do I need to do?
Thanks

94 Edie Wadsworth September 16, 2014 at 11:26 am

sent you an email with the link, Christa!

95 ช่างเหล็กภูเก็ต October 2, 2014 at 1:08 am

This web site truly has all the information I wanted about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.