31 Days|Day 30 The Little Engine That Could

by Edie Wadsworth on November 2, 2011

For the rest of the house tour, visit this page!

I know, the 31 Days is technically over but I always function a little outside the box, so bear with me.

Can I finish?

I think I can, I think I can…….
I’m working on a video tour for the finale but until that’s done, I thought I’d show you a few pics of the living room.
I hate to sound like a broken record but I almost don’t want to show you rooms that aren’t done and this one isn’t. I need window treatments and another piece of furniture and books and tsotchzes and whathaveyou. But I’ll show a few pics of where we stand today.

Also, several folks have ask me about subscribing via email and I just added this feature. You can subscribe by email here. Until I figure out a better place to put it, it’s located at the bottom of my blog under ‘meta’. Will some of you try this feature and let me know how it works?!?!? Pretty please. It’ll probably take a few posts to iron the kinks out. It only emails you when I post though so don’t expect an email right away.

And I’ll be adding a few more pics today so come back!

Here’s the design board–the brain child of this room. It’s getting pretty close to the dream! (Thank you Darlene!)

I love these chairs, their cognac color and stylish masculine look.   And they don’t obscure the view of the lake when you walk in the front door!

Two cheers for style and function.

Simple fall mantel (I can’t wait to do this one for Christmas!)

And my favorite sofa of all time!

Sources:

Berlin Velvet Sofa—Horchow

Chinoiserie Pagoda Mirror—One King’s Lane

Honeycomb Mirror (over fireplace)—Pier One

Janice Minor 3 Tiered Chandelier—Horchow

Bust of David (large dark brown one)—Restoration Hardware

Bust of David (white one in bookshelves)—-a gift from my sweet friend the Nester

Greta Side Table—Jayson Home and Garden

Steer Horns—Restoration Hardware

Randolph Gold Leaf Sconces—-Layla Grace

Turquoise Foo Dog set—-Modern Chic Home

Caramel Zebra Cow Side Rug—-Rug Studio.com

Emily Tufted Benches—Horchow.com

Surya Westport Rug in Navy—Area Rugs.com

Mitchell Gold/Bob Williams twin chairs—-Jayson Home and Garden

Pillows on the above chairs—-West Elm

Sofa Pillows—Blue Geometric (West Elm)  and Chiang Mai fabric (WoodyLiana on Etsy)

1 Southern Gal November 2, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Yes, you can do it!  You’re almost there.  We need a virtual video tour to put it all together.

2 Southern Gal November 2, 2011 at 12:10 pm

3 Jennifer November 2, 2011 at 12:21 pm

So, so beautiful!! :-)  I love your decorating style…

4 Ruth Emond November 2, 2011 at 12:35 pm

Edie~It is all gorgeous.   I love those chairs, too.  The stools are my favorite.  I love that nothing matches but it all goes so well together.

I subscribed to your posts.  I’ll let you know if it works.

Looking forward to the video tour.  You have done such an amazing job in such a short time.

Hugs,

5 Tara November 2, 2011 at 12:48 pm

gorgeous.
love the sofa..when you do your sources, would you please tell us about the pillows?
thanks. :)

6 Tara November 2, 2011 at 12:48 pm

gorgeous.
thanks. :)

7 Maureen@Loving this Life November 2, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Just gorgeous!!  I love looking at your pics…very inspiring…just like your story.
Blessings!

8 LisaQ November 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Everything is beautiful….your home and the sweet, fun spirit with which you share it.  So happy for you!

9 LisaQ November 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

10 Nicki November 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm

That sofa is dreamy! I am really looking forward to the video tour!

11 tara faulkner November 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I love it all!  It is amazing how the design board comes to life!  It is just beautiful!   I love the fabric on the custom pillows on the couch, the navy paint on the back of the bookshelves, and those rich, chocolate chairs that scream sit on me!  Most of all, I love how much of you is in this space.  The space is filled with color and personality.  Please share the fabric on the pillow sources and please don’t forget to share your guest space sources.  I am still searching for that perfect chenille bedspread.  I, too, am trying to make up for missed 70′s chenille purchases.  It is never too late!

12 edie wadsworth November 2, 2011 at 1:30 pm

thank you so much tara! what an encouragement your words are :)
i keep forgetting to add the sources but the chenille bedspread is from belk! we have those down south but i don’t know if you have access to one. hugs,
edie

13 Deborah November 2, 2011 at 1:35 pm

I REALLY need that sofa in my living room.  You can tell your house if full of fun and love!  Great job!

14 Anne Worthington November 2, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Can’t wait for the sources…I need those blue pillows on your chairs!!!  xoxo

15 Lrfamily November 2, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I feel like I’m becoming a stalker-I love to check out your blog at least once a day. You and your family always lighten my mood and your style is amazing. You are so joyful and inspiring.  Thanks.

16 Carlywinborne November 2, 2011 at 4:08 pm

really?  love it all.  but my favorite part of this entire room (aside from the striped rug, gorgeous pillows, and fire in the fireplace) is the painted beadboard behind your built-ins.  the most perfect colors!!!  can’t wait to see the video!!

17 Jennifer November 2, 2011 at 5:25 pm

It’s beautiful. It’s inspiring … and today I picked up a paint brush and started a huge project. My husband is going to kill me and forbid me from looking at your beautiful spaces from now on. Ha! Love your bright and happy style!

18 Kathryn Griffin November 2, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Absolutely perfect!  Cannot wait to see the window treatments up.  Hope you have a grand evening.  Toodles, Kathryn from TheDedicatedHouse

19 Annie Wilcox Designs November 2, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Loving all the fun you are bringing to the house, a style that seems to say ” This is who we are as a family”  Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

20 Tonya November 3, 2011 at 12:24 am

What a fun, awesome home you have!!  I am so happy to see the efforts of your rebuilding.  God is so good!

21 Jessica B November 3, 2011 at 1:48 am

This is gorgeous! That couch does look pretty comfy! :)
Jessica @ http://www.nucheysmommy.blogspot.com

22 Erin-chris November 4, 2011 at 3:58 am

I am so bummed that 31 days are over. I really enjoyed seeing your posts every day, and your happiness as you create your new home. Can’t wait to see more of it!
Erin

23 Erin-chris November 4, 2011 at 3:58 am

Erin

24 Pinetreehome98 November 4, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I’ve always been sorta of a neutral gal, but your pops of color, especially in the workroom, have really inspired me to follow.  I will be creating an office space in our pool house and am going to go all out with color.

25 Kristi November 12, 2011 at 4:27 pm

I LOVE this room!  So cozy yet edgy!!  SO Edie!!!  can’t wait to see more!  I’m bummed right now because the video is telling me my adobe isn’t updated and I just updated it….  off to try again!!!  :)

26 Melanie Kendall November 13, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I SO love your beautiful home!  And I would love to hear where you got your sofa.  It is gorgeous and we are redecorating our living room right now.  I’d love to find something like this.  Thank you for your inspiring and encouraging blog, Edie!!

27 sheila November 15, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Dear Edie,
Thank you so much for sharing your incredibly inspiring pictures of your lovely home, and thank you even more for sharing about your faith in Christ.  I am so glad Emily for Jones Design Company introduced me to your blog!!!  If you have a moment, would you mind sharing where you found your zebra cowhide rug for your living room? Thank you so much! Sheila
P.S. Did you ever remember what color you mixed with Hazel Blue to create the perfect haint blue color for your porch ceiling?  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

28 edie wadsworth November 16, 2011 at 12:17 pm

hi sheila! so nice to *meet* you—isn’t blogworld wonderful?!
and i LOVE emily, by the way!
i mixed ‘raindrop’ with hazel blue for the porch ceiling—both by sherwin williams. the cowhide rug is from rug studio.com. west elm has a cheaper version but i think it’s all white. xo,
edie

29 sheila November 21, 2011 at 3:11 am

Thank you for taking the time to answer Edie!  Happy Thanksgiving!

30 Antinette June 10, 2012 at 11:56 am

Hi Edie,

I just love everything about your home- it just says welcome! I’ve been looking at the beautiful blue on your bookcases for months and just have to know the color- would you mind sharing? Thanks so much!!!

Happy Summer!

Best,
Antinette

31 Kem July 14, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Hi Edie – Thanks for posting your beautiful home! I am in LOVE with this living room and we’re using it as our inspiration picture in decorating our new place. I’ve been trying to find curtains but seem to be running into dead ends. Could you recommend a good place for me to look? I am obviously not looking in the right places! Thanks!
Kem

32 Ally Smith August 14, 2013 at 12:23 am

Edie–My sister gave me the Jan 2013 copy of Better Homes and Gardens that features your home. It is beautiful! Love, love all the colors. Would you mind sharing where you got your light blue curtains and yellow chair in your living room? I’ve kept the magazine all these months as I am finally ready to redo our living room. I also have a question about rugs. I have 6 children 5 to 16 and we sit at a large round table for dinner every night that sits all 8 of us. I can not find a 10 foot round anywhere…any suggestions? Thank you so much! Xo

33 seo optimation March 22, 2014 at 2:30 pm

click here for greatest joomla extensions work anywhere

34 Chandana March 29, 2014 at 2:54 pm

HI Edie,

We liked your Living room which was featured in BHG. Can you please let us know source for Drapes and rods.

Thanks,