I remember well the first month at home after I quit my family medicine job. It was awful. I felt lost, alone, untethered, uninspired, undone, un-everything. It was like staring at an empty page with no idea what I should write. I finally bought a book on how to bake bread and something about the hands in the dough and tangible offering of warm bread to hungry people brought me out of the funk.
I’ve been in a similar weird place a dozen times or more in my life. Maybe a life transition or an epiphany or just a long dry spell where nothing even tasted right.
What I discovered every time is that if I would stay open to learning, discovering, loving, serving— I always found my way and usually with the help of a friend or mentor or someone a little farther along in the process.
If we open ourselves up—in the process, we learn to live fully alive in our giftings, free from what has shamed us and caused us to hide, free to finally love and serve the people God has put right in front of us with everything that is in us, free and inspired to be everything we were created to be.
In the past two years, one of things that has helped me so much in the dry, apathetic spells have been mentoring/coaching groups. I’ve learned so much and have found wonderful, supportive relationships in the process.
That’s why I’m so excited about O V E R F L O W—my brand new 4-week mentorship program for the woman who feels stuck or apathetic or overflowing in all the wrong ways. I’ve been there so many times.
We’re all busy, with full lives and we often see things overflow—the laundry, the toilet, the dishes, the anger, the stress. But how do we overflow with the all the right things? How do we overflow with love and joy and compassion and creativity? This session will be a mini boot camp to get us headed in the right direction, with amazingly simple but practical steps, lots of inspiration, and some well worn advice from someone who knows how hard it can be to live wide awake to your life.
This bootcamp will;
- ignite a fire in you as to who (and whose) you really are and what you were made to do
- help you rediscover the best parts of you that have often been hiding or wounded or covered up by the stresses of life
- help you discover practical strategies to develop your gifts & strengths, even in the midst of the busy mom life
- wake up to your unique vocation and shake the pesky bad habits that creep in when we dismiss our calling
- nurture you toward the purpose and passion and creativity that is uniquely yours
- give you a safe place and plenty of encouragement to daydream about the full and abundant life you were made to live