DIY woman silhouette art

by Edie Wadsworth on April 10, 2012

woman silhouette artI hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend.  I’m still basking in the joys and trying to recover!
I’m working on a marathon post in which I tell you all the minutiae of my life. I know you’ll be waiting on pins and needles.  It’s riveting stuff.
Now back to ‘woman silhouette art’.
I saw almost this exact thing in Franklin, TN when I was in Nashville for the Pearl Event.
It was nearly $300 and I knew it wouldn’t be that hard to duplicate.
Then as luck would have it, we were able to get silhouettes done at Disneyland when we there in March.
It was the perfect storm for my book page, woman silhouette, DIY project.
I bought a 24″x 36 in frame at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon which made the frame $25.
I bought the foam board there too for less than $10 and then had the silhouette enlarged to an 11×14 size.

I found some cute girls willing to decoupage all the book pages onto the foam board and they even thought it was big fun.
We didn’t have any real specific rules for the book pages except they all had to overlap.

It took less than an hour, cost less than $40 and turned out so darn cute.
Now I want to decorate the whole room with book pages just like my friend Nester.
woman silhouette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

1 Ruth April 10, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Edie-
This is great. I love book pages and silhouettes. They are fabulous. You have some cute helpers. I can’t wait to paint our living room and make some book page art. I have a ton of ideas.
Looking forward to your next post. You make the minutiae of life interesting. Waiting on the edge of my seat.
Hugs,

2 Gretchen April 10, 2012 at 8:23 pm

My mom made these for us kids. Mine is with Derek, us facing each other. I love it, especially (and ironically) when I’m mad at him. I look at that and it’s just these two shadow people looking up (me) and down (him) at each other, and they’re so cute I can’t be mad any more.

Love the book decoupage, too. I got a gift for Christmas made from those, and the words on it say “Let it be.” You are very crafty. Is this in the guest room?

3 edie April 18, 2012 at 11:37 am

What a cool momma! And how could you possibly stay mad at the nicest person I’ve ever met?! Miss and love you both. Thinking of you this week as you nest :)

4 Katie @ explanationrequired April 10, 2012 at 10:36 pm

How beautiful, and definitely a great way to have huge savings!

5 tara April 11, 2012 at 7:43 am

I LOVE it. You know I need to know about the black and white striped fabric at the end of your bed. Is it something you bought or had made?

LOVE the whole room…every single detail….especially the DIY silhouette art!

6 Marie at the Lazy W April 11, 2012 at 8:23 am

Gorg. As always. The whole book page effect is just lovely. I have tried a handful of projects (some inspired by Nester’s book release party!) and got obsessed with literary content, placement, etc, and just had to walk away. LOL Maybe I need some free-hearted artists to step in and get it done. : ) SO pretty, happy springtime to you and those artists!

7 paige April 11, 2012 at 9:01 am

you see
my friend
this is reason #759 that i LOVE you!

saw the same thing & flipped.
was going to ask the lady if i could photograph but uncharacteristically chickened out.
now
lo & behold
YOU have done it again

i might need to round up some cute girls & do the same.
xoxox

8 paige April 11, 2012 at 9:05 am

oh yeah, & ps
since i already have the matching frame, bought with a coupon, it’s confirmation
of our kindred spiritness. surely.

9 edie April 11, 2012 at 9:16 am

yes, it is ms. paige! and i fully expect those cute girls of yours to decoupage one right up! also, the messy bun? forever memorialized now in the guest room. you did notice her there i hope?! xoxo

10 Lemonade Makin Mama April 11, 2012 at 10:52 am

Oh that’s the cutest!! Silhouettes are my favorite things. I’ve got some from when my hoodlums were toddlers, and some from just a couple of years ago. They are treasures! Your room looks fantastic and I love the stripey blanket too!
Blessings,
Sasha

11 edie April 18, 2012 at 11:38 am

oh thank you sweet sasha! hope you are well dear:)

12 Angela April 11, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Such a clever idea! I’m loving that bed. Can you tell me who makes it? Thanks!

13 Steph April 12, 2012 at 12:03 am

Edie this is fabulous! As is everything you do! Would you be willing to share what the name of your bedroom paint color is? Thank you so much!

14 Angela April 12, 2012 at 9:15 am

FABULOUS!! I love silhouettes. I made two big ones, similar to this for my girl’s room a few years ago(we used scrapbook paper). Now, I’m in the process of re-decorating and I think I’m going to reused them.
Hope you guys had a great Easter!
Hugs,
Angela

15 Kristi April 18, 2012 at 12:14 am

I looooovvvveeeee this!!!!!!!!!! I think I need to do this project! And your headboard too! We are currently headboardless, lol. And I’m in a chalk paint frenzy!
Kristi

16 edie April 18, 2012 at 11:22 am

I can’t wait to see what comes of your chalk paint frenzy, I’ve been so intrigued by it too. May just have to give it a try! xoxo