Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe

by Edie Wadsworth on July 17, 2012

vegetable lasagna recipeThis recipe has taken 8 lifetimes to post so please someone make it and tell me about it.

I’m trying out a new recipe plug-in called GetMeCooking to make it easier for me to post and for you to print recipes.

This roasted vegetable lasagna recipe takes endurance and patience and should be planned for a day when you can spend some extra time in the kitchen.  It requires 47 dirty pans but I promise the payoff is worth it.

This is also a recipe that should be doubled and the extra pan given to someone you love.  It’s just as easy to make a double batch and then the effort and time seem justifiable.

My sister ate dinner with us tonight and demanded that this recipe be blogged so she can make it too.  You can thank her for the fancy schmancy presentation!  She loves you like that:)))

I’ve had a host of zucchini breathing down my neck, begging to be made into some kind of deliciousness so this was a good way to use those summer veggies.   After dinner,  sissy and I made 3 different versions of zucchini bread:  one just plain (no nuts), one with dried cherries and one with chocolate chips.   We are here to report that plain Jane is best.  And for the first time in 3 weeks, there is no zucchini staring me down, waiting to be used.

Now, go forth and make roasted vegetable lasagna goodness.

And hire a sous chef to help you with the dishes.

p.s.  I think this dish deserves really good cheese.  I buy good quality cheeses at Sam’s for a fraction of the price of the grocery store.  I buy blocks and cheese and then grate them myself (for this, I used the food processor) so that the flavor and texture is fresh.  It adds to the time and dirty dish factor but again, this lasagna has a very fresh and delicious taste and I think it’s b/c of the good cheese, freshly grated!
[gmc_recipe 2243]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

1 Ruth July 17, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Edie-this recipe sounds so yummy. Anything with roasted vegetables is going to be a favorite with me. Our veggie plants are really coming along but yours is much further ahead.

2 Trish @TheOldPostRoad July 17, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Yum that looks good! I will have to try that one.
-Trish

3 Southern Gal July 18, 2012 at 6:52 am

Yum. I want that now, for breakfast.

4 laura July 18, 2012 at 8:17 am

A sous chef is an excellent idea, but I’ll have to substitute my offspring for bowl licking and dish scrubbing. Given the scope of the project (like you – bread, veggie lasagna, zucchini grating for freezer), we’ll definitely need several Pandora stations, epic amounts of dish towels, and possibly a foot rub for the momma when complete. Can’t wait to try!

5 rebekah July 18, 2012 at 8:36 am

Thanks for the recipe! This sounds like summer heaven! I can’t wait to try it! My favorite “unhealthy” zucchini recipe is Beer Battered Fried Zucchini!

6 Sandy toe July 18, 2012 at 8:51 am

47 pans!! That cracked me up! Looks good!

sandy toe

7 Marie at the Lazy W July 18, 2012 at 8:53 am

Cool beans for the new recipe plug in, I love all of your recipes and hope you use it TONS.

My gosh, this looks delish. Roasted summer veggies? Yum. The kitchen fragrance alone would be worth all of those dirty dishes. Looking forward to trying this!!

Happy travels! xoxo

8 chrissi July 18, 2012 at 12:10 pm

Thanks for the recipe. Veggie pasta dishes are my favorite and anything with roasted veggies must be a winner. I think my family will love this enough to make all the clean up worth it.

9 Ami Davis July 18, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Just knows you posted this recipe for me, your vegetarian, veganish friend! If I swap out the heavy cream for coconut milk, this could work for me. Totally on my list to try!

10 Jenny July 19, 2012 at 2:14 pm

This sounds fantastic! Just curious, did you serve it with anything on the side?

11 tara lowry July 19, 2012 at 9:01 pm

would love to know more about the site you use to post the recipes….awesome!

can’t wait to try this one!

12 melissa stover July 19, 2012 at 10:52 pm

oh i hate to cook. i wish i didn’t. no, i really don’t. i don’t like to eat much so i don’t need to cook a lot of variety. can i still be your friend even though i wouldn’t eat vegetable lasagna or zucchini?

13 melissa stover July 19, 2012 at 10:52 pm

one question: what kind of flip flops do you have on in the picture of the old blue kitchen cabinets? they look substantial and comfortable. just what i’m looking for.

14 michelle@Life on the Funny Farm July 20, 2012 at 4:34 pm

That looks so yummy. I will have to try it cuz I’m always looking for a meatless meal.

15 val July 21, 2012 at 8:57 am

This is such a wonderful Summer meal. Thanks for sharing.

16 elizabeth highsmith July 21, 2012 at 10:58 pm

ok since you’ve recently acquired all new kitchen gadgets and gizmos and thing-a-mabobs (and lawsie mercy ya earned um) and since you’re a foodie and all, i think it’s only fitting you do a blog post of your top small kitchen appliances and tools etc. i was under the misguided notion if i bought the cheaper blender…..and fill in the blank, I could then also buy cute shoes and lipsticks…..FAIL don’t buy cheap toilet paper or kitchen gadgets…….you can quote me on that. Sooooooooooo I’d love to hear your recommendations as I right my wrongs and buy it one piece at time.

17 Bostonbash July 26, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I made this and I am eating the leftovers right now for lunch! It is delish – but oh my lots of pans and lots of time to make. Results well worth it!

18 Shiann July 23, 2013 at 2:26 am

Sounds and looks awesome, but I can not find the recipe on this site.

19 Chrissy August 7, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Also would love to try this but cannot find recipe on this site.

20 Jayne September 13, 2013 at 8:55 am