Goodbye and God Bless::The Verity’s Last Show

by Edie Wadsworth on August 12, 2011

My son Taylor, who is now 21 and entering his 3rd year of college has been the singer/songwriter for the band The Verity for the past few years.

This band has defined him in many  ways and has given us all a host of precious memories.

I miss the sound of his guitar in my house so much.

His decision to do pre-med and the bands’ scattering after high school have made it difficult to remain together.

They will have their final show this Saturday night at Cherokee Park Amphitheater.

Those of you who’ve followed this blog for a long time have been so supportive of Taylor—and we thank you!

I will miss the part of his life.   The closing of another chapter.    I will miss those boys who have been dear friends to him and like sons to me.

Goodbye Verity and God bless you all as you carry His word and His songs in your hearts.

I love you Tay!

{Their music is available on iTunes}

1 Ruth Emond August 12, 2011 at 3:12 pm

What an amazing group of young men, so talented. I can imagine that it is difficult for you to see this time come to an end.

Sweet Edie-you have done an amazing job raising your kids. Your older children seem so happy, living for the Lord and listening to the wisdom of their mama. Do you have any tips for moms of teenagers. This world works hard to pull them away into darkness.

How exciting that your son is pursuing medicine.

Hugs,

2 heather@myeverydaygraces August 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I especially appreciated that first song; he has a lovely voice… can’t wait to share it with my oldest son, who’s had band aspirations himself at 13.

3 Jessica Washburn August 12, 2011 at 7:58 pm

So sad. I saw his comment on facebook a few weeks ago, but I’m still teary reading your post and especially listening to his music. What great memories you must have… Moving on is SO hard! Love ya Edie. xoxo, Jess

Btw, I quit blogging. I’m going to pring them into books so let me know if you’ve ever done that and who you used K? I figure now I’ll have more time to keep up with my favorite bloggers. :)

4 CameraJan August 12, 2011 at 9:42 pm

How bittersweet. I found their music on Spotify and downloaded it. It’s great! God’s blessings to Taylor as he continues his studies.

5 carols s August 13, 2011 at 6:07 am

What more can you ask for than a God loving son, handsome and talented.  Sit back, enjoy the show tonight, and look forward to his exciting future,and be oh,so grateful to God for all the gifts He’s given Tyler, and be proud of the job you’ve done as a mom.  My son keeps his hair long, too, and darnnit, it’s such a good look.  I enjoy your blog and faith very much Edie.

6 Kimberly Dial August 13, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Listening to the clip gave me goosebumps!  Blessings to your sweet boy & those of ‘The Verity’ … Thank you for sharing them Edie.  Your blog is so enjoyable & always blesses me in one way or another.

7 Kendal August 13, 2011 at 1:19 pm

our sons have turned out musical(?) we still aren’t sure how. but i can’t imagine the days when we can’t hear guitar, drums, singing. blessings to your son as he closes a season and peace to your heart as you accept it….

8 {darlene} August 14, 2011 at 12:40 am

God bless those boys! Love it!! Hugs to them as they enter a new chapter.

9 {darlene} August 14, 2011 at 12:40 am

God bless those boys! Love it!! Hugs to them as they enter a new chapter.

10 Meg August 14, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Oh being a mom to 3 boys myself..this post brought tears to my eyes.  Best wishes to them and their many endeavors! You are such a kind and loving mom Miss Edie..and so proud of your chitlin’…and I know you know what chitlin’ are :)

11 Southern Gal August 14, 2011 at 8:36 pm

It’s so hard to see those things we love come to an end, but the things to come are just a mystery now and full of promise.   I’m so excited for him.  Pre-med!

12 Love Being A Nonny August 14, 2011 at 11:31 pm

If I remember correctly, the very first comment I ever left you was when he was leaving with his band to travel. I feel like I’ve watched him grow up. I know you are proud of him!

13 nancy August 15, 2011 at 12:04 am

I listened.  I loved.  I have been reading (lurking) for quite awhile.  Thank you for always lifting me up and girding my faith.