Master Bedroom Vision Board

by Edie Wadsworth on July 31, 2011

While I was camping-it-up in MN, I got a fun little email surprise. Darlene finished my vision board for the master.
This is my take on restrained, sultry, and symmetric.   There are some yummy pieces here and I may not be able to swing them all.

But I love the feel of this room.   I’m sure I said this last time, but I think this is my favorite.

Just for a refresher, here’s the girls’ room…..

the workroom…..

the living room……

So far, I’ve purchased most of the big items from the design boards but not every piece. I think it’ll be fun to ad-lib a little when we’re actually in the house.
I’m so glad to have had such wonderful help in making my house dreams come true. I can’t thank Darlene enough for her tireless effort! I’m so blessed :)

That’s your eye candy for today.
I’m really tempted to post everyday this week.
Is there some blogging prize I can win if I do?
I have so many pics and blog fodder from vacation.
It could happen.
Don’t roll your eyes at me like that.
Have a little faith.
xoxo,
edie

1 Amyecallahan August 1, 2011 at 4:37 am

Edie,
I love your blog! It has become part of my nightly routine since my last baby was born 3 mos ago. I usually read blogs on my iPhone while nursing baby to sleep. I too am in the process of building a home, and we are at about the same stage of construction! Interior painting begins tomorrow. That was such a difficult process! Who knew picking paint colors could be so hard? What have you decided to do with your kitchen? I’m keeping my fingers crossed that you will update every day this week;)

Sincerely,
Amy

2 Amyecallahan August 1, 2011 at 4:37 am

Edie,

Sincerely,
Amy

3 Anonymous August 1, 2011 at 4:38 am

Dar has outdone herself! So happy for you, Edie! Love the cowboy boots above the bed. Reminds me of Idaho. Sigh. xoxo michele

4 edie wadsworth August 1, 2011 at 1:32 pm

hi michele! love your new blog:)
and yes, she has outdone herself!
xoxo,
edie

5 Southern Gal August 1, 2011 at 11:55 am

Love the upholstered bed with the cowboy boot picture above.
Here’s to hoping you’ll post every day…it could happen.

6 Ruth Emond August 1, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Love everything in that bedroom. It’s gorgeous!!! The colors, those chairs, bench and oh my, that bed.

Looking forward to new posts everyday this week!! I’ll be able to get my Edie fix.

7 paige August 1, 2011 at 12:35 pm

UNREAL!!
girl, this is gorgeous!!!
i die!

post every single day
bring it!

8 {darlene} August 1, 2011 at 12:36 pm

hi sweet girl!!!!! Thanks for sharing the boards :) they are really starting to look fun together!! I wonder if any Life In Grace readers recognize the art above the Master Bed???? hmmmmmmm….

excited to see your vacation pics. Stevie with a pipe and you snuggling those girls in your snazzy get-ups??? I am ready for more!

9 {darlene} August 1, 2011 at 1:05 pm

forgot to say that IIIIIIII am so blessed :)

10 Heather Spencer August 1, 2011 at 1:00 pm

At one point I thought you mentioned giving some of your sources.  Would you mind mentioning where your girls beds are from?  I’m in the market for a twin bed for my daughter!  Everything is beautiful!!!!

11 edie wadsworth August 1, 2011 at 2:09 pm
12 Ocean August 1, 2011 at 1:29 pm

What color paint is that for your bedroom?

13 edie wadsworth August 1, 2011 at 1:32 pm

graphite by benjamin moore!

14 Sarahslhome August 1, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Everything is looking  great. Darlene has done some fab stuff for you.  I can’t wait for the open house to see it in person. LOL!!!!! – Who am I kidding I’d come your only about 2ish hours up the road from me. I to would love to know where some of your goodies are coming from. That’s my biggest problem, the time to find sources for great “stuff”. Thanks again for a peak.

15 Julie August 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm

It’s been fun watching your house come together! Would love to see a post on your light fixtures. I’m picking ours out as we speak.
Have a great day!
Julie

16 Valentine August 1, 2011 at 4:01 pm

There’s something about the bed – boots – chandy – curtain combo together with your paint color that just grabs me!  I’ve “made a little window” with my hands (more than once!) to focus in on that part of your vision board.  Love it!

17 Amanda August 1, 2011 at 4:26 pm

tee-hee-hee.  I just picked up some paint for our bedroom…pretty much the same colour.  Can’t wait to get our walls done…and can’t wait to see what your’s looks like when you’re done. :)

18 Alima August 1, 2011 at 7:38 pm

oooohhhhh LOVE! Those dressers on each side of the bed are to die for!!
Any idea where the tan and white striped pillows or fabric came from??

19 Nlugioyo August 1, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Love the master bed frame from frenchgardenhouse.com

20 Tara August 1, 2011 at 8:53 pm

love it all…just love how you’re not afraid to throw all kinds of color into each room…I tend to be boring and put the same color schemes throughout most of our home….. BORING.

You’re house is my inspiration!

go ahead..I dare you to post every single day!  :)

21 Angela | tphblog.com August 2, 2011 at 12:23 am

Edie, it’s a blessing seeing this new house come together–and such gorgeousness!  Darlene is the STUFF, isn’t she?  Can’t wait to see it all in place.

22 Carmen August 6, 2011 at 1:32 am

Wow! It’s all going to be AMAZING! I’m so happy to see everything falling into place for you guys. :)