Project Restoration:: A Video Tour of the Framed House

by Edie Wadsworth on May 13, 2011

View from the boat (taken with Stevie’s iphone)

Warning: Do not watch the following videos if you are prone to motion sickness. Or if you are prone to outbursts of violence at dorky girls giving tours.
Or if you, in general, have any other noble or pressing tasks. This is mindless banter. You are about to waste a good 8 minutes of your life. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. AND…..my voice is annoying. But hey, roof trusses call for a celebration. This is like a party for me. Humor me internet friends.

Living Room Video

2nd Floor/Girl’s Room

Finished Walk-Out Basement

The side of the house you never see

1 ulli May 13, 2011 at 12:07 pm

Progress! Yay!

2 Perfecting Pru May 13, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I can’t believe how quickly the house is coming on!

Are all houses in your area built with wood?  Houses over here are mainly stone with wood becoming more trendy.
Have a great weekend Edie. xx

3 Stephanie Woody May 13, 2011 at 12:46 pm

I love this! I could also be a job site groupie…although my profession as an interior designer kinda requires me to be! Nothing like the smell of sawdust to get you going in the morning. :) :)  Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

4 Ruth Emond May 13, 2011 at 12:54 pm

You must be so excited watching the progress each day!!! It’s amazing how quickly it’s moving along. Love the videos. I think your voice sounds soothing. I don’t recommend watching it on a teeny, tiny Ipod. Where’s the Dramamine? LOL

Hugs,

5 edie wadsworth May 14, 2011 at 9:58 am

thank you sweet ruth! oh i’m sure the motion sickness is worse on the little screen!

6 the farmer's wife May 13, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Edie!  I love your floor plan.  Thanks for sharing the process!  Congratulations on your cozy new home!

7 Taylor N. May 13, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Edie, I am SO excited for you. What beautiful lang you live on. And I’m sure the house will be just as majestic. From my reader’s point of view, things seem to be moving along quickly! Congratulations.

8 KATE May 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm

wow!  It looks great! It must be so nice to have it come together so quickly (although I am sure that some days it may not feel so quick!)

thanks for the little tour!

9 Natalie D. May 13, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Absolutely beautiful! Will you help me design my home plans?!!  Great layout!

10 edie wadsworth May 14, 2011 at 9:57 am

thanks natalie! i know, and we’re still changing things, almost daily. at least while they’re framing, it’s not too huge of a hassle!

11 Southern Gal May 13, 2011 at 1:39 pm

It’s going to be gorgeous.  I’m so excited for you!

12 Marie May 13, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I’m so happy for you! It’s beautiful. I love all the space in the basement for having guests over…and with that gorgeous view, who would ever want to leave?! Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

13 Lisa May 13, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Oh my gosh your VIEW is AMAZING!!  And your house is going to be so lovely when it’s done….how exciting to see it all unfolding with you!  Thanks for sharing, I really, really need to do boring things like laundry and this was much more fun!

14 Alima May 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Wow! So jealous of that view! It’s fun to following along in the process with you!
P.S. Love the Chris Farley comment. ha!
P.P.S. Your voice is so NOT annoying!

15 edie wadsworth May 14, 2011 at 9:55 am

awww thanks dear!

16 Julie May 13, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Happy happy joy joy! It’s beautiful.

How fitting that the birds singing throughout your videos.

17 Farmer Gal May 13, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Beautiful design, and beautiful view! It’s really fun that you did these videos… It totally brings it all to life!

18 a pocket full of posies May 13, 2011 at 6:04 pm

You are TOO CUTE!!- NOT annoying!  LOVE the tour- so exciting! just like watching a giant blessing unfold!- truly a joy to watch!
Thanks for bringing us all along!
Happy weekend!
Blessings!
Jill

19 Stickhorsecowgirl V May 13, 2011 at 6:05 pm

What a gorgeous, peaceful setting!  The house will be amazing–looking forward to following the progress!

20 lauren May 13, 2011 at 9:30 pm

wow edie!  looks fabulous!  you guys are making such fast progress…. it is all coming right along and i know you are so glad.  loved all of the videos…. and the area sounds so peaceful and relaxing with all of the birds chirping.  the sunlight is gorgeous and i love how it will be coming through so many of your windows!  we are going to have alot of big windows in our new house too, and i just love it!

21 edie wadsworth May 13, 2011 at 9:34 pm

so happy for you Lauren! i was on your blog the other day looking thru your house progress. so cool. it’s fun but stressful times!
xo,
edie

22 Ami M. Davis May 13, 2011 at 10:23 pm

Don’t tell the builders…but as soon as that roof is set I would have my sleeping bags out there for a little sleepover.  It’s absolutely gorgeous!

23 edie wadsworth May 14, 2011 at 12:45 am

i know ami, i’ve been scheming about getting a small fridge onto the back deck and a charcoal grill. heck, i’ve even threatened to pitch a tent. hope you’ll come visit when it’s finished :)
xo,
edie

24 Susan May 13, 2011 at 11:46 pm

So happy for you and your family! The house is going to be gorgeous!

25 Melissa Stover May 14, 2011 at 12:39 am

i watched all 8 minutes! so exciting. i hope you’ll do it again when it’s all finished.  you ARE so close to the road. do you have any yard at all to mow?

26 edie wadsworth May 14, 2011 at 12:44 am

yes on the other side. it’s a quiet little peninsula so it doesn’t bother us—but it is literally ON the road. you HAVE to come visit.
xo,
edie

27 Melissa Stover May 14, 2011 at 12:47 am

oh i want to. you have plenty of spare bedrooms for me and my psychological
issues.

28 edie wadsworth May 14, 2011 at 12:49 am

yes, and i won’t fuss if you leave all your lids off and i won’t make you eat vegetables.

29 Melissa Stover May 14, 2011 at 12:51 am

now that’s a true friend.

30 {darlene} May 14, 2011 at 3:30 am

I survived the motion sickness!Oh, edie! It is just WONDERFUL!!! I love how every inch maximizes your gorgeous views. And I SO want to come sit with all your books and be a nerd with you guys!!!! or y’all. :)

31 edie wadsworth May 14, 2011 at 9:54 am

yay! glad you got thru it! and yes, you should most certainly come visit!!!
love to you dear :)
edie

32 Meggie May 14, 2011 at 5:40 am

I loved the videos and they were fine.. no motion sickness here!!!  I am in love with your house… its very comfortable.. not stuffy in the layout. LOVE that!  Cant wait to see more of it.. oh and I love your lake view.. wow to walk into a kitchen daily to see that.  thanks for sharing… oh and i love that you kept all the doors in the pantry area…..

33 allyugadawg May 14, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Wow, that’s so great Edie. So excited for y’all that the house is coming along seemingly fast. What a blessing!

34 Jane May 15, 2011 at 12:52 am

So good to see and hear. Love the birds singing.

35 LLH Designs May 15, 2011 at 1:06 am

I love the birds chirping in the background! My 8-year-old daughter Watched skme of these videos and said “I would pay them a thousand, no a TRILLION daollars, for that house!” She loves your views…and especially loves the reading loft. I told her she might not like the way God has sent this new house your way, but she said this will be better than what you had before. From the mouths of babes. {wink!}

Blessings and love,
Linsey

36 Sassy May 15, 2011 at 5:17 am

Now I can really see why you fell in love with this site. So beautiful. You can already feel the love that is going into the house and it’s just as you said “sticks.” I am so pleased to see it moving along so well. And everyone else is wanting to visit and only say lovely things about the house. But I want to say that your Chris Farley comment was the best part of these videos. ;-)

37 Denise Voccola May 16, 2011 at 12:38 am

What fun!  I loved the video tours.  I should meet you out there for lunch one day after this week is over!  :)

38 edie wadsworth May 16, 2011 at 1:20 am

i’d love it!!

39 Julie Corcoran May 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Well aren’t you just movin’ right along! Lookin’ fab, dear! I have been so encouraged by your faith throughout all of this. God Bless!

40 Judy T May 17, 2011 at 3:21 am

So happy for you Edie. Loved the video’s which will be a great reminder of God’s great work and how far you have come.
Just one question – what kind of video cam do you have and do you recommend it?
Many blessings to you and yours,
Judy

41 Ruth May 20, 2011 at 11:19 am

Wow, Edie, it looks great!  I can’t believe how quickly it is going, though I’m sure it doesn’t seem fast enough to you!  And your commentary cracked me up.  You are so adorable I could die.  And speaking of which, I am DYING to see the square dance photos.  Post them soon, PLEASE! :-)  xoxo