Painted Patio Furniture: "Blue and Improved"

Edited to add:  I recently did a link party for patio furniture and I thought it’d be fun to add it to Kelly’s party too.   Hope you enjoy the links.   Thanks for visiting!
Welcome to my 2nd Linky Party which I shall call ‘Painted Patio Furniture: Blue and Improved’.   This patio set that I rehab-ed today is almost 15 years old and has been painted 4 times.   Today the color of choice:  aqua.   I seem to be obsessed with blue lately as you can tell from this  post.  I am also excited to be joining ‘Metamorphosis Monday’ hosted by Susan from Between Naps on the Porch—a new blog to me!   Make sure and visit her site too.
This beautiful before-storm sky is a beautiful backdrop for my ‘before’ picture.
So, how does one solicit the appropriate help for such a project, you ask?
All it takes is a little good food.   A little gourmet on Father’s Day.
And they come running. Or spraying.
And less than an hour and a half later:  voila!!!!  Blue and improved.  I give you:
 Retro Patio
And these children enjoyed some pool time AFTER I read them the ‘pool rules’ which you can
read here.    ’Hank’ is the 50 pound 7 month old golden retriever.
My patio is a plethora of colors……
as are my legs.
My trusty side-kick Nicholas aka Nick aka JohnnytheNightStalker  then began using the ‘dropcloths’ from our project to create this suburban cul-de-sac art creation.  He requested us to sit in as ‘props’.  And I’m a little bit scared to inform you that he’s starting a blog.  Consider yourself warned.
Now it’s your turn.  Please, pretty please, show us your patio.  If it’s fantastic, show us and we’ll oooooo and ahhhhhh and if it needs work, show us and we’ll tell you where we  bought our blue spray paint.  K?

42 Comments

• Anne says:

Mine's not my patio per se, but definitely painted patio furniture!

• gina says:

My new patio is empty. So I am looking for lots of uinspiration- so I'm going to pass your link along on twitter!

LOVe the new blue but my FAVORITE are those yellow chairs with the black and white cushions!!!!!!

And your pool is quite lovely too.

And the pool rules are they written on just a storm window ? I was trying to get a better look and that what it seems like- great idea!

• Nicole @ BugaBoos says:

Love the blue! Your patio is gorgeous! The pool rules are soooo cute and fun! Your family is so lovely and fun! I love reading all of your posts and look forward to them!

• TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo says:

Hi Edie.
    Love your beautiful new blue chairs. Mine are actually a similar color.
    What I really adore though is your "Pool Rules" sign. That is fantastic! I was having a bit of a dilemma with a few framed items I was working on and I think you may have just given me my solution!
    Thanks for hosting and for the inspiration.
    *Tricia

• Emily says:

beautiful!! i've posted about my patio and the painted patio furniture before so i am off to link up. Love the colorful patio and legs :)

emily@remodelingthislife

• Jill says:

Love it! The yellow chairs and the green table are my fav!!!

• LuLu says:

Your retro blue is fantastic!
    LuLu

• cindy says:

love the new blue patio furniture, love the pool rules and really love the suburban cul-de-sac art…..the people props might be my fav part although the artfully placement of the chair up on the platform of the play structure is also inspiring and if you moved the entire piece to the inside of the pool area it could also serve as your lifeguard chair….you know…to enforce those pool rules. xoxo cindy

• Anna says:

the painted patio furniture looks great, I love all the bright colors. I need to give my outdoor wicker furniture some fresh paint, if I do it this week I will come back and share

• Kathy says:

LOVE the patio furniture. I have an old old round wooden table and am hoping to get some color inspiration from your link party :)

I was so encouraged by your aqua legs….I had black speckled legs last week :)

Hank realy is like having a toddler :)

• Kimm at Reinvented says:

Oh, how I wish my patio wasn't so HIDEOUS! I LOVE that blue! Tonight I started painting my patio furniture, unfortunately it won't be done in time for your party!

• Mandi says:

Just as I expected, you've done it again! Love the new paint choices. And that father's day dinner looked divine! I am joining in on the party. Thanks for hosting!

• Jamie Knoxville says:

He is a true artist. If I had been there I would have placed myself in a rocking chair. (sort of cameo style). Side view, mid rock…

• Jessica says:

I love my patio,it's pretty but I just went the boring route and bought furniture…yours looks so much more fun and playful!

I love all you've done and that side kick of yours sounds like a hoot, have fun w/ him!

• Stephanie says:

Edie,
    thanks so much for the patio paint party. I have been meaning to paint my favorite outdoor chair, and you gave me just the boost I needed!
    I love your blue set, and I surely can appreciate teenage boys – I've got one of my own!

• Jennifer Poppy says:

cute…the legs covered in spray paint reminded me of this blog:

• Cindy says:

I don't have time to comment, I need to run out to the patio and grab something and paint it blue! Oh! And Hank is a cool dog!

• Marie says:

Love your fabulous blue furniture!

Blessings,
    Marie

• Stickhorsecowgirls says:

I love the blue!
    For any of you who read messythrillinglife.blogspot, please say a little prayer for Brin and her family.

• Elizabeth says:

Who would have thought BLUE would look so good? I LOVE the pool rules, hahaha!

• chickadee@afamiliarpath says:

i love that. i love blue! it looks wonderful.

• patty says:

can i have just.a.little.bit of your energy?! i would look at my furniture and say, "that looks good; i'll sit instead." looks great! love your pool rules! dinner looks divine!! yum.
    you'll have to post us his blog address… found some manly ones over the weekend… great writers. i think one poses as a fly on my wall… :0

• patty says:

oooo.. ps: i DID start a new project… a 365 one:
    do you know how to stretch photos??

• Kelli says:

The blue patio set is to die for. LOVE it!!! Thanks for sharing!

• Sheri says:

I love my patio, will love it more as I can finish it, but it's my favorite spot to drink my coffee on cool mornings. Sitting on the swing with my hubby and just chatting and sipping coffee. What a life!

• Sheri says:

By the way, love the blue. Have I told you that you are my decorating inspiration? I am constantly coming here for ideas.

• Sheri says:

Oh and finally….mine is NOT painted, but we are planning on painting the patio itself. As soon as we can decide on a color and you know, win the lottery.

• TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo says:

Hi Edie. Thanks for stopping by "The Zoo". I did have a hunch you would like that color. ;)
    The burlap pillow I made just for that little photo shoot. It took about 1o minutes. I just thought that the chair looked a bit naked.
    We wouldn't want that, right?!
    *Tricia

• Stephanie says:

Love all the pretty colors! :)

I don't have a patio, so I used some in progress pics of my porch and as you can tell, I am loving that blue too!

• Blue Castle says:

Your patio rocks! I love all the colors. Spray paint is the best. :)

• Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality says:

Oh, Edie, I just love your newly painted chairs AND your whole backyard. That shot of the brick wall with the star looks like a magazine shoot, gorgeous!

Pool rules are TOO cute, as is Hank!

• Runner Mom says:

This is adorable! Great job, Edie!I have a back porch–a patio would be nice!And I love your pool!! I attached my blog to Mr. Linky! Thanks so much!
    Hugs,
    Susan

• melissa says:

Just lovin' that blue, Edie! And that dinner looks so good right about now…it just looks like perfect place to hang out and enjoy…

• Johnny the Knight 5talker says:

WOAHHHHHHHH 33 comments NICE ok my post is half failed but i am sleeping at the mac soooo ill fix it .. the video is not up but search youtube for "im gonna be rich hitch" no apostrophe if you want to see

• Kasey Hunt says:

Looks great. Love your pool rules. That is cute.

• Kristin Joy says:

You did a fantastic job! I love the color you chose. That patio furniture turned out fabulous! Thanks for sharing the awesome pics.

• Ross says:

If you are looking for Patio Furniture Storess log on to Spacify.com.

• martha says:

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

ModernFurnitureWarehouse.com is a one-stop shop when it comes to living room sets. You can find any furniture ranging from classic to contemporary designs from all over the world. If you are looking for sectional sofas, loveseats and sleeper sofas, they are all here.

Jenni

patio furniture

• martha says:

Neilina

patio furniture

• Hi,
    Thanks for such a nice and useful post. The pictures are truly magnificent. :)

• Lovely pictures, they definitely remind me of my childhood days, those bright summer days. Thanks for putting this up. I am glad I saw this post. :)
    ____________
    Rattan Garden Furniture

• Susan says:

Marvelous, what a website it is! This web site provides valuable facts to
    us, keep it up.