This is what I’m wearing for the ‘cocktail’ party’ on Friday night at Blissdom. I’m not a fan of cocktail dresses per se. I am, however, a fan of layering and boots and accessories. Even better news, I’ve had the outfit for a couple of years and bought the dress at Forever 21 for probably 14.99. At least I’ll be warm! Visit Big Mama’s site for other fun Friday fashion tips. And no, I do not own a ‘snuggly’…..although Stevie does vow to buy me one everytime the commercial come on.
Things I need to do before my writer’s workshop (*wink*Blissdom) on Friday
1. Clean out my car so that Leigh Ann doesn’t lose all respect for me.
2. Or at least clean out the front seat and throw the shoes and clothes and petrified french fries to the ‘way’ back.
3. Personal grooming items including but not limited to:
4. trim and polish nails
5. should I use ‘Oh to be 25 again’ or just clear polish
6. pedi….should I indulge or just do it myself?
7. shop my closet for some fun ‘looks’….I know there are things buried in there that I haven’t seen in a while….if I can just find them.
8. make my ‘cheat sheet’ list of bloggers I want to meet….and look back through emails to see if they gave their real names.
9. buy birthday gifts that the girls will need for parties they will attend while I’m gone.
10. plan a couple of make ahead meals to leave for the family for Friday and Saturday….they miss you much less if you leave good food.
11. Make a master list for Stevie of where girls need to go and when…..to make it easy, I’ll lay out clothes ahead of time. This will all be in vain because they will reject being told what to wear and will leave for their various events in sweat pants and tshirts with stains and mangled hair.
12. Should I bring my lap top or not? I know you say yes but Stevie uses it too and may need it desperately while I’m gone….and all my blogger friends will be with me….so they probably won’t be blogging, right?
13. should I Refuse to eat another bite of food and lose the 10 pounds I’ve been trying to get off.
14. Or have another creme de menthe brownie and make use of the slimming effects of black.
15. Print out the schedule for the workshops and back them with scrapbook paper and laminate them.
16. Just kidding.
17. I was thinking of making some kind small little love gifts for a few blog friends. Maybe a bookmark or felt flower pin. It’s the thought that counts, right?
18. I’m not a person who normally does girls’ weekends or anything much away from home and I’m a little finicky about the following items: coffee, pillows (I’ll just bring my own), mattress, bedding, diet pepsi (where and how will I find it), hours spent in real clothes, and real shoes, and the heartache that goes with missing the family.
19. That said, I can’t wait!
20. So what’s on your list? What did I leave off?
21. I’m working on a guest post on homeschooling. What do you love/look for in homeschool related posts….what do you hate…..do you even care? Should I just submit my king tut video and call it a day?