7 sure fire ways to decipher whether or not you need a new printer:
1. The printer that you got ‘free’ with your computer now ‘feeds’ the paper in crooked and causes a paper jam with EVERY try at printing. Despite this obvious fact, you try it no less than 37 times. Crooked again……Hmmm, maybe if I just gingerly readjust the paper and try it again…..Hmmmmmm- how about if I turn the paper upside down, or get a new stack of paper all together…..or stare at it really hard…..or smack the top of it like a wayward coke machine….
Nope, still crooked.
An hour later..
…maybe now it’s had time to rethink things…..
2. You ask at least 10 moms and 1 ‘computerish-looking’ guy and they all commence with their ‘printer’ stories……about how once they show the first sign of incompetence, you gotta get a new one…..’cause they’re never the same again. Wow, you people are unforgiving.
3. You are stalled from RUNNING to Office Max by one mom/adminstrative assistant/user of printers person (Denise) who asks you if you gave it a good shake?. Apparently the last time hers went on the ‘blink’ it was a piece of popcorn. Like the good technical-computer-savvy person that you are……the first chance you get, you turn it upside down and give it a good shake. This has sadly not fixed the ‘tick’ you’re printer seems to have either….and you could swear that you almost heard the thing ‘moan’ during the shake-down.
4. You just bought 2 new sets of ink for the ‘affected’ printer. Of course you need a new printer NOW.
5. The only IT person you know has had 4 printers in the last 6 years.
6. Your life as a homeschooling mom comes to a screeching halt without a printer. Your two small children are sure that it can be fixed…..even if it takes a week or so. It’ll be a sacrifice, but somehow, they’ll manage.
7. You spend no less than 2 hours ‘tinkering’ with the blasted thing. Now it makes a really sad screeching noise along with the crooked paper feed. It was broken before…..it’s in agony now.
So tell me your printer stories…….reassure me that I need a new one…..and please, make recommendations. I need to know I’m not alone……and what do ya think about the epson artisan 800……I know, I know…..it’s the one the Nester has. But it’s on BIG sale at Office Max this week.
I know there’s gonna be the one lone person out there, whose closets are clean and who never touches her paper work more than once who says, “No, I’ve had the same printer for 10 years……and ya know as long as you service it regularly and change the ^%$^%$ often and don’t let your kids touch it and keep it in a dust free, well-ventilated environment, I really don’t see why you should have trouble. ” Go ahead, declare yourself. I know your out there. Sue? Gina? LeighAnn? Don’t be shy.
*And I’ve got ink….so, if you have a Canon MP610 printer—let me know!*