what momma said

by Edie Wadsworth on May 13, 2013

This is a repost from last Mother’s Day but it’s been an emotional weekend and I needed to hear her words again today.  Telling our stories is hard and I’m thankful for all the courageous women in my life who have been brave enough to speak, even when “your hands are shaking and your faith is broken.”

You are my heroes.

I can’t remember the exact circumstances in which she said it but I’ve spent a lifetime trying to grow into it.
Thank you, Momma, for your tireless example of what it means to give yourself away to others.
And to all my strong and brave momma friends—-the sun (Son) always shines where you are too.
Thank you for living in the light. You are like warm sunshine in a dark, cold world.
Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating all the women who have mothered and nurtured you.
Keep sharing your heart.  Say what you need to say.

We are all better off for your story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

1 Marie at the Lazy W May 13, 2013 at 8:11 am

Much love to you, Edie. Thank you for being so honest, for never pretending that it is easy, and for setting such a beautiful example in so many ways. I hope your Mother’s Day was amazing. I remember this post from last year but cannot believe it was that long ago. So much has happened. And you know what? At least in my corner of the world so many prayers have been answered since then. The best things are worth waiting for and believing in. I hope you are okay. xo

2 Southern Gal May 13, 2013 at 8:42 am

You are my hero. You live in that Sonshine and reflect that light to others. It shines in your words. I’m blessed to be able to read them.

3 Claire @ A Little Claireification May 13, 2013 at 8:51 am

Thanks for always being a brave encouragement to me. I am thankful for you.
Dwell on the positive.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day,
xoxo

4 Celeste May 13, 2013 at 8:53 am

By God’s grace you are brave and courageous. The enemy is strong but God is stronger and I hope you never lose your boldness. ♥

5 Kathryn C May 13, 2013 at 11:30 am

I spent most of Mother’s Day with one of my little ones in the emergency room! At first I thought “MOM FAIL!! – This is the worst Mother’s Day E.V.E.R.!!”. Then I realized that the day wasn’t really about me, but more about her and what I could provide for her – two strong arms to carry her in and hold her, encouraging and comforting words of strength so she was comfortable enough to show the doctors her injury, and a few laughs to show her this place wasn’t as scary as she had feared. Isn’t that the perfect Mother’s Day! I guess it is all how you want to see it. Fill it with His light and there is nothing to worry about.

I hope you had a beautiful Mother’s Day too :)

Say it, share it, live it. Not everyone will agree. You won’t ever be 100% right. But just by sharing, you might show someone the Light, and that makes all the heartache worth it.

I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. – Philemon 1:6- NIV

6 Jennifer May 13, 2013 at 8:10 pm

It’s a strange sort of fellowship here in blogdom, this loving of neighbors far and near via keystrokes and stray thoughts. Edie, your hospitality is contagious. Your prose, ponderings and discussions sincerely genuine. It is a brave and faithful endeavor to bare your heart to strangers. Cling to the kindness, lean into the love and let the bruising waves trickle away. Let the Sonshine in.

7 camilledicksondesign.com May 13, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Beautifully said, Jennifer. It is a strange and wonderful fellowship here. One for which I’m so very grateful. Blessings to all moms. ALL moms on the wide continuum of mothering.

8 Julie Ann May 14, 2013 at 10:40 pm

You say it the best! Beautiful!!!