Blissdom 2012

by Edie Wadsworth on February 28, 2012

blissdom 2012

(Patty, Tammy Wynette , and Ruth)

Going to your fourth Blissdom is like having your fourth child. With the first one, you do everything right and fret and worry over every last detail. With the fourth one, you realize that all those things you fret about don’t matter that much.  The first Blissdom I took oodles and oodles of pictures.    This time it  I was there 36 hours before I took the first photo.  That poor fourth baby.

I had decided not to go this year since I’m speaking at The Pearl Event in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!  {the event is sold out and I’m literally shaking in my boots}

The night before Blissdom began, my friend Ruth at Living Well Spending Lesswho wrote the sweetest post about how we met at Blissdom last year—-told me she had an extra ticket and would love to give it to me.   I was so amazed at her generosity and was ecstatic at the opportunity to see my friends and be inspired by the most amazing women on the planet.  My dear sweet Stevie encouraged me to go and my sister agreed to love on my girls for the weekend.  I threw some things in a bag and headed down the road.  My wonderful friend Patty  and my new friend Emily were so kind to take me as their roommate.  It was such a blessing to spend the weekend with them.

I texted Stevie during the first session and said,  ”I was SO meant to be here.  I love you and am so thankful that you get this.”

I came back full to the brim with inspiration and ideas and a serious line-dancing, lack-of-sleep hangover.   The re-entry is the worst!

The sessions were great but by far my favorite part was learning at the Blogging School of Ruth.   She is the woman.   She is hard core blogger mom, ultra-organized and motivated and when we asked her how she gets it all done, she told us she gets up at 3:30 and works until 7:30 every morning so that she can still be a full-time mom.   She runs four blogs and has become a successful momtrepeneur and is somehow able to balance it all, despite the fact that she’s been blogging only  a little over a year.   Her spread sheets scared the heebeejeebees out of me and when she asked about my ‘editorial calendar’,  I looked at her like I had seen a ghost.

After a lot of pondering and hemming and hawing and after my server crashed and I was faced with upgrading my hosting capabilities, I’ve decided to accept a few ads on my blog.  Ruth was so helpful and gave the best advice of anything I’ve read or heard at any conference.   She is a conference unto herself.  She couldn’t believe that I’ve been paying all this out of pocket for all these years without ever monetizing.  I’m kind of a purist and have resisted the trend to monetize but I’ve come to realize that if I’m going to continue doing this, I need to be able to earn enough to pay the hosting and design fees etc.

I hope you won’t mind the changes in the sidebar but I promise you that the writing will continue to be the best quality original content that I can produce.

So many of my faithful Blissdom friends couldn’t make it like Melissa and Emily and Nester and Ruthanne.   I missed you so much:)

But I made some wonderful new friends and had this been my first conference, I’m sure I’d have ample decent photos to show you.   Since this was number 4, their names and blogs will have to suffice.

I absolutely loved meeting Angela,  Heather, Jaima, Mary Lauren, Jenni, and  Sarah.  I even took Angela, Heather, Jenni and Ruth out into Nashville for a little Anthropologie eye candy.   I played Stand by Your Man for them and sang it real loud.  They may or may not be traumatized.   Which reminds me of my  favorite tweet of the weekend:

This is what I wearing at the time, for those of you who asked!  Maybe I’ve missed my calling although the girls in the car with me this weekend who had to endure my karaoke  would beg to differ.

1 Angie @ The Country Chic Cottage February 28, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I knew I saw you from a distance!! Call me stalker #1… LOL! I did not get a chance to introduce myself. I won’t miss the chance if I ever see you again. :)

2 Sally February 28, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Sounds like you had a great time! You ALWAYS rock the boots Edie – that’s why they thought you were a country singer. “Star” they should’ve said. Obviously they didn’t know WHO they were talkin’ to! LOL I love your blog and your sweet spirit. And oh yes – your decorating style. (Be still my heart)

3 MaryLauren@My3LittleBirds February 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Edie, I am so happy that I had the courage to introduce myself to you at Blissdom. You inspire me with your heart.

4 Patty Palmer February 28, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Blissdom sounds like so much fun…maybe someday! Glad you went and I’m glad you are monetizing this amazing blog!

5 Ruth February 28, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Edie-More tgan anything I would have loved to be there and meet you. Maybe one day it will be possible to meet the country singibg, boit wearing, blog wonder that is you. I would totally love to expand my blog but don’t even know where to begin.
Love your blog and all that you share. You are an amazing inspiration to so many.

6 Teresa February 28, 2012 at 7:43 pm

I’m sure it was a wonderful Event! Love to go someday. Glad to hear you were able to sneak away and attend, too!

7 melissa stover February 28, 2012 at 7:53 pm

that outfit is so darn cute. i want one just like it!
i wish we could go shopping together. i need some eyeshadow and cute tops. i know you could help me find it.

missed you so much this year.

8 Southern Gal February 28, 2012 at 8:30 pm

One day…

That’s the cutest outfit! I need your skills at putting together a wardrobe. Seriously.

Now let’s see if I dream tonight with “Stand by Your Man” as the background music. I did some serious cleaning today. ;)

9 susan@avintagefarmwife February 28, 2012 at 8:49 pm

So glad you had a great time. Love your outfit! Can’t wait to hear you speak at The Pearl!

10 rebecca d February 28, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Every year you write about Blissdom and I think, “I can’t wait until I’m a real blogger like Edie so I can do things like that.” I now realize maybe the key to being a “real blogger” is going to things like Blissdom… Funny how that works…
I definitely think you should monetize, but be careful not to over do it. There are blogs I used to love that have become so about the money they stopped being fun to read… All ads and reviews.
PS. I baked your Chocolate Chip cookies this morning and my daughter took one bite and said “Hello Big Boy, Where have you been all my life?!?” I think she likes them!

11 patty February 29, 2012 at 10:38 am

i found some great photos of you… will have to share. i’m so glad you decided to come.. i’ve missed you.
xo

12 Michelle February 29, 2012 at 10:57 am

Can we talk boot socks please? Where do you get yours and do you have a variety of colors? Thanks so much!

13 Ashley Johns February 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Oh Edie! This post just makes me even more antsy to meet you, and hoping I get the chance to do just that in less than 2 WEEKS! Woohoo! Hoping to hear some crazy country singing too! :)

14 tara February 29, 2012 at 12:32 pm

love the outfit.
love that you can channel your inner Tammy Wynette.

love that you are going to advertise. wanna pop me an email about your pricing? We haven’t put our sign business on anyone’s sidebar, but I’d be honored to be on yours!!

15 Gretchen February 29, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I’ve been meaning to say this for ages: I love love love the header photo with the four of you walking. Steve needs some funky socks or something to fit in, though. :)

16 Angela Youngblood February 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm

This post was perfect, after attending Blissdom I was wrestling with how to stay authentic and monetize without going monetize crazy. Anyway, I was going to email you for advice, but this post just nailed it for me. And by the way, I was the silly fool that was so nervous to meet you that my friend had to drag me over to you at the Rascal Flatts concert. Thanks again for being so gracious and sweet to me. I am afraid I came across a little nuts.

17 Alisha February 29, 2012 at 8:51 pm

My sick babies (and hubby!) meant I had to miss Blissdom…but it makes my heart happy that my loss was your gain. I was thrilled when Ruth told me that you were able to use my ticket…I hope to have the chance to meet you in person one day!

18 Jenny Camp February 29, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Edie – you were such a pleasure to meet! I loved your karaoke to Stand By Your Man!

19 Nan Tedesco February 29, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Edie…I am SO looking forward to The Pearl Event and fellowshipping with
You and all the precious women! Cannot wait to meet you !!

Blessings !!!!!!

20 Melanie Wilson March 1, 2012 at 5:51 pm

Absolutely love your dress, too. As a psychologist, I have to say that working from 3:30-7:30 a.m. and then being a mom is a recipe for burnout. I won’t aspire to that and I hope no one else does either, sincere as I’m sure Ruth was.

21 Deborah March 2, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Just wondering if the books the right side of the website are your reading list or come from Amazon because you look at one of the books? Hope that makes sense. I respect your views on books, etc. I have so little time to read, it’s nice to know that someone you respect and admire loves a book.

Thanks for all the inspirations.

22 Alli Worthington March 3, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I just adore you. <3

23 Maxine September 4, 2014 at 9:41 am

Although female and male addiction share many similarities,
female addiction is distinctly different. (1992) “Facing Love Addiction: Giving Yourself the Power to Change the Way You Love,”Harper – One.
Keep those things in mind because youre going
to use them to make her like you.

24 here September 9, 2014 at 2:12 am

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not sure whether this post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed
about my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thanks!