Christmas in Dixie

by Edie Wadsworth on December 25, 2011

To all our beloved friends and family who have seen us through this year of tragedy and rebuilding—-we are so thankful for you. Your thoughts and prayers and words and meals and gifts have meant more to us than you will ever know. We celebrate with you God incarnate, come in the flesh, to bear our sins and suffering. He is our light and life. May you be blessed with His everlasting love and peace, this Christmas, and always.
Merry Christmas from our house to yours!  Love to all!
xoxo

1 Gretchen December 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Merry Christmas Edie and family! God has been good to you this year. Your decorations are gorgeous! Kate wants your recipe for candy cane cake pops. I want your mantel decorations! :) xoxo

2 Ami Davis December 25, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family.  The spicy tomato soup was a big hit at our family Christmas eve party. Have a wonderful day!

3 edie wadsworth December 27, 2011 at 1:56 am

We had it last week during the Nutcracker performances! With pesto and muenster panini sammies :) Merry Christmas to you too friend. It’s been a joy reconnecting. xoxo,
edie

4 Kim ~ Recipes To Run On December 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Merry Christmas Edie to you and your family!  Your new home is just beautiful and your decorating is inspirational.  May you be richly blessed in the coming year.

5 Jane December 25, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Merry Christmas and abundant blessings in 2012!

6 Janie Fox December 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Merry Christmas! Your hoe is lovely and feels so inviting. I’ll be over next week. ;)

7 Janie Fox December 25, 2011 at 2:17 pm

*home….oops.

8 beth bryant December 25, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Amen!

9 Carol December 25, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Merry Christmas!  Wat an extraordinary year your family has experienced.  I know you are enjoying your new home, as I am enjoying the photographs.  God bless!

Carol
antiquetexan.blogspot.com

10 Diane@LongabergerLifestyle December 25, 2011 at 6:11 pm

My heart is filled with joy to see you celebrating Christmas with all your heart.  Your home oozes joy…and it’s spilled out over the net and into my heart.  Rejoicing with you…not only for our wonderful Savior…but also for saving you and rebuilding you this past year.   Merry Christmas Edie and to your beautiful family too!

11 Angie December 25, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Gorgeous!!! Merry Christmas!!!

12 Sarah {Handbags*N*Pigtails} December 26, 2011 at 1:02 am

Everything looks amazing…magazine worthy for sure. And I have the same Prince of Peace printable in my kitchen. Love the reminder of the true meaning of why we celebrate. Have a blessed Christmas!

13 bassakward-tales.blogspot .com December 26, 2011 at 7:29 am

You do not know me from Adam, but I found you through another friend. I have followed your story. Ironically, a dear friend of ours house burned completely down very close to the same time yours did. I just want to tell you that I find your rioting very inspirational, and seems like it is w.ritten just for me. You have a beautiful home, family and most importantly a beautiful heart! Jump over to my blog anytime. It is http://www.bassakward-tales.blogspot.com. I hope you have a blessed New Year!

14 Anne Worthington December 26, 2011 at 1:00 pm

Edie, everything is so beautiful!  Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures!  Merry Christmas!  Emmanuel!

15 Tara December 26, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Christmas in Dixie is glorious.

16 edie wadsworth December 26, 2011 at 6:27 pm

much love to you friend. hope your weekend was beautiful. xoxo

17 Kelli Fox December 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Once again I say thank you for sharing your photos of your beautiful home ~ I love it.  Merry Christmas to you, too.  :D

18 {darlene} December 27, 2011 at 12:17 am

stunning. beautiful. breathtaking. wonderful. joyous! Christmasy. colorful. vibrant!
And, as always…
Can I come over?
Merry Christmas, sweet friend!

19 {darlene} December 27, 2011 at 12:17 am

And, as always…
Can I come over?
Merry Christmas, sweet friend!

20 ~The Habeggers December 27, 2011 at 2:45 am

We’re blessed to always be next door.
 Thank you for the lessons learned and faith shared during this challenging past year. We love you~

21 teresa humphrys December 27, 2011 at 3:43 am

Edie, It has been a blessing to your readers to witness your faith through tragedy.  I have been so moved by your honesty and perseverance over the past year.  May God continue to bless you and your family.

You new home is beautiful and the Christmas pretties awesome!  Have a wonderful New Year!

22 Courtney E Perkins December 27, 2011 at 4:57 am

So many beautiful things…don’t even know where to start! May I ask where you found your dresser? It’s exactly what I’m looking for!

23 Cate December 27, 2011 at 9:03 am

What a year it has been for you and your family Edie!  Hoping that you all celebrated a wonderful Christmas in your lovely new home, and wishing you a wonderful, blessed 2012 xx

24 Ruth Emond December 27, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Edie-your home looks magnificent and stunning. I live the mix of greenery and fruits. The colors are so vibrant. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by those most precious to you.

25 Anne December 27, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Dear Edie,
How ironic that I found your post about your house fire. Your recent post about your fire and your analogy to Job makes perfect sense. It has been 11 years since the moment we realized that our home was on fire just as we were saying grace before eating our Christmas morning brunch. Everyone exited safely, including my two daughters, their grandparents, our two cats and dog. Without much warning, I had a breakdown four months later when the tree cutters removed four old and misshapen American Cedars that stood graciously along the street in front of our house. We thought that replacing them with healthy trees would be an improvement. It was a shock to see a large piece of plywood on the front porch with huge red spray-painted words “Why Kill the Trees?”  I guess it was the proverbial “sign” that broke the camel’s back.  Six-months of quick decisions and much uncertainty, we finally came back to a beautiful remodeled home. Sadly, I faced the loss of a 20-year marriage six years later in 2004 and the fury of Hurricane Ivan alone. I remember weeks without sleep and losing nearly 25 pounds that summer. It was through the grace of God and reaching out to Jesus Christ that I came through that time and the subsequent grieving of the loss of my father and now dealing with my mother’s end-of-life. Gratefully, I am living a comfortable life today in a sweet 1938 cottage, and both daughters are doing well living their lives. I am so thankful to have a strong network of blogging friends who open their hearts and doors to inspire people like me to dream and create beauty. God willing, I will soon go online with my own blog. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home and journey in faith. God has bigger plans for all of us.

26 Crystal December 28, 2011 at 3:12 am

So love your take on life!!  Also love that quilt on your porch!  :)

27 Hong Kong Property December 29, 2011 at 3:09 am

everything looks really nice :)

28 LaVonne @Long Wait December 31, 2011 at 3:14 am

Edie, these photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Your home is so lovely. And those candy cane chocolates look to die for! Blessings to you and your family.

Happy New Year!

29 danielle s January 2, 2012 at 11:00 pm

would you mind sharing where that grey console table is from?  it is gorgeous (as is your whole house!:))

30 Mimibrown05 January 9, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I love your blog! Beautiful home…..I was wondering if you’d mind telling me where you found the mirror over your mantle. It’s lovely :0)