Caiti’s Senior Pictures

by Edie Wadsworth on March 29, 2011

We tried every way in the world to get a ‘real’ photographer.

Unfortunately, most of my favorite ones aren’t that easily accessible.   So, alas, she’s stuck with me.

At least I have my new great camera, the Nikon d7000, along with Karen’s photography class, which I’m currently auditing. Those things along with Jody’s MCP photoshop actions and plenty of inspiration from my favorite photographers, we got some shots that Caiti loves. We plan to do a second shoot during the golden hours, with an outfit change, if the weather will ever cooperate. I thought, overall, they turned out pretty good. We drove to Knoxville for part of the shoot and ate a yummy lunch and did a little shopping. It was a great day. I love this girl. Her funny self-deprecating coupled with her easy confidence make her lots of fun to be around. She makes me proud to be a mom and she has quite the talent for photography herself. Which makes her almost as picky as me. Which makes finding a shot we both like nearly impossible. But here’s a few that made the cut.
You would have cracked up if you’d seen us pull off a very busy highway to shoot at this roadside junkyard.   But this is probably my favorite picture so it was totally worth it.
she laughs and calls this the glamour photo—but I insisted we keep it :)

In other news, our house is ready to begin. The demo was complete in three days and we’re just waiting for a spell of dry weather. It’s so exciting to dream about. I’m frantically looking at house stuff on the internet and in magazines. I’m still debating about hiring a little help.
One thing I’ve become a huge fan of is ONE KING’S LANE. Follow this link to join their mailing list and I will get a $25 credit if you ever make a purchase. Then you can invite your friends and you can get the same credit. I followed the link from my sweet friend the Nester sometime last year but I was slow to come around to it’s wonderfulness.   Now, I check their sales everyday and have made several purchases. They have great deals on furniture, rugs, bedding, etc.  I bought a few things from this line, like this sign and pillow.

Hope you are having a great week so far.  I’ve listened to this Issues podcast twice now and will certainly listen again.  Pastor Jared Melius is interviewed about the consequences of the fall into sin.  Very enlightening and fresh take on ‘the fall’—definitely worth a listen.  His wife, Jan, has a great blog called Just Imagine Heaven which I’ve recently discovered.  You’ll enjoy her recipes and her photography and you’ll admire her immensely for homeschooling 6 kids!

Blessed Lent,

love to you all,

edie

1 Amy Avery March 29, 2011 at 11:41 am

Good Morning Friend! I love these photos of Caiti, especially the third one. She is BEAUTIFUL! You did an amazing job with this shoot! I know you are proud of her, as you should be! Looking forward to seeing you soon! Have a wonderful and blessed day!

2 Karen March 29, 2011 at 11:53 am

Your daughter is beautiful. The pictures are great. She will, and you too, love and appreciate those photos forever.

3 Chelsea March 29, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl! Great job! Also…I am probably way behind, but have you discovered http://www.pinterest.com? It is a great online bulletin board that would work great for house ideas. I have found great inspiration there!

4 Debbie March 29, 2011 at 12:14 pm

She is just beautiful and I think by you taking the pics you’ve caught her spirit better than another photographer could.

5 Nancy March 29, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I can see your beauty in your lovely daughter’s smile.

6 Sarah @ Handbags*N*Pigtails March 29, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Your daughter is beautiful and you can come take pictures for me anytime! My favorite is the junkyard one:)
Have a beautiful day Edie!
XO,
Sarah

7 Simplylkj March 29, 2011 at 12:39 pm

The photographs are wonderful! She is a beautiful girl. I love how natural they look, not posed, too modelish (if that is even a word!). How exciting about the construction of your new home. I love the sign you purchased!!

8 Lisa March 29, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Your daughter is a beautiful girl! Love the one on the bench – such a natural smile! Excited for you that your house is almost underway! Enjoy the process of making a new home. I’m sure it will be full of personality!

9 paige March 29, 2011 at 1:02 pm

gorgeous caiti!!! and she looks so much like her moviestaresque looking mama!!
what a beautiful family you have my dear

xxoxoxo

10 Kaseyh50 March 29, 2011 at 1:18 pm

She is absolutely beautiful!! Great photos, love all the texture and color.

11 Mrs.B March 29, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Beautiful!

12 Judith March 29, 2011 at 1:55 pm

Edie she’s GORGEOUS! And you did such a fabulous job. :) I remember begging my mom and dad to spend waaaay to much money on a photographer for my senior portraits…and they did not turn out HALF as well as yours. I hope you’ll share the golden hour shots with us too…weather permitting of course. :)

13 Joyful Imperfection March 29, 2011 at 1:56 pm

your daughter is just gorgeous. beautiful pics.

14 Shaunna March 29, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Edie, she is stunning! You 2 have the exact same smile. what beautiful pictures. what beautiful new memories for your family.

15 Deb Martell March 29, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Beautiful!!! Wish I could hire you for my daughters senior pics!

16 Southern Gal March 29, 2011 at 3:38 pm

You did a fabulous job, Edie! It helps to have a beautiful young lady to photograph. I’m trying to get up the nerve to take my 9 year old’s portraits. Ha!

Love the Go Jump in the Lake art. I say that all the time. It doesn’t have as much umph since we don’t have a lake house anymore.

17 Alison March 29, 2011 at 3:48 pm

fantastic photos…much better than my overpriced underwhelming ‘chin-on-fist’ studio shots circa 1990…my favorite is the glam shot and the sittin on the bench shot…well done!

blessings,

alison
stuff and nonsense

18 FringeGirl March 29, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I love your pictures, especially the junk yard photo! You’re an awesome photographer – every bit as good as a professional. Glad work on your house is about to begin. It’s so exciting. LOVE that “Jump in the lake’ sign!

19 Tammystwocents March 29, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Beautiful pictures…the glamour shot is great…her eyes say playful and fun!

Love the junkyard pic too…I think that is my favorite too.

20 Margaret Ritchie March 29, 2011 at 6:09 pm

These are all great…I love the glamour shot too! Glad the construction on your house will be underway soon! Yay!

21 Tami C. March 29, 2011 at 6:20 pm

What a beautiful girl. Any hints for us mothers of girls on how to raise them well? My 10.5 year old is hitting puberty (seems too early for me) and her mood swings are hard on us all – that includes her. Thanks Edie! You’re a blessing.

22 HappyEaster March 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm

I’ve been so moved by your story and felt I wanted to send something for you and your daughters. I mailed the package today so you should get it by the beginning of next week.

God bless you and your beautiful family.

@–}—- Happy Easter

23 Ruth Emond March 29, 2011 at 6:53 pm

Edie~

She is so beautiful. You did an amazing job with the photos. I wish you could take my daughter’s pics. She is a senior and off to college next fall. My favorite is the junk one, too. Spectacular.

Enjoy all the house plans. So glad to hear that things are well under way for you. Can’t wait to see all the amazing ideas you choose for your home.

Missed ya!!

Hugs,

24 angie March 29, 2011 at 7:59 pm

love them, love them! have you tried pioneer womans seventies action….you gotta try it on this second photo. it would be fab!:)

25 Jan March 29, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Hi Edie!

Thanks for the shout out! You are too sweet.

Wow! Caiti is just stunning. What a beauty, but wait. Are you even old enough to have a daughter that old? I never would have guessed.

Blessings,
Jan

26 Anne Worthington March 29, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Beautiful girl. Talented mama!

27 Shawna March 29, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Lovely — simpley lovely, great job!

28 Rhonda Unruh March 29, 2011 at 8:43 pm

She looks so much like you, it’s unreal! Just gorgeous… mind if I ask how she got the little scar on her chin? My baby girl fell and broke her jaw in January and has a very similar scar…

29 Lavonne March 29, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Very beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

30 KellyO March 29, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Oh, Edie ( I know we don’t know each other so I pray it’s ok that I call you Edie) Beautiful pictures…beautiful girl!
Thanks for the link(s) – I, particularly, love One Kings Lane – I feel an addiction developing :)

31 kendal March 29, 2011 at 11:01 pm

oh, edie. gorgeous young lady. gorgeous photos. wish i had your eye.

32 Pamela K. March 29, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Your daughter has always reminded me of a young Dixie Carter. (You are probably like, “Huh?”) Now, with all the Royal Wedding hoopla, she also resembles Kate Middleton. At any rate, she is gorgeous inside and out. :-)

33 angie March 30, 2011 at 1:19 am

Gorgeous girl! Seriously only a senior? I don’t look as old and I am 37. BEAUTIFUL!!!

34 Elizabeth Highsmith March 30, 2011 at 2:19 am

lawsie mercy, ma ya out done ye-self -on them thar photos and on your honey chile’

love you more n a pig in slop

35 Thedomesticfox March 30, 2011 at 2:22 am

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous!!! Pretty pretty girl.

I hope my lessons pay off – I will be doing senior pics with my son this year. I hope they turn out half as well as yours have.

36 Flower Patch Farmgirl March 30, 2011 at 2:33 am

She’s gawgeous!!!! My favorite is the shot of her looking off to the side with the black street lamp post. Nicely done, Mama!!

37 kdstyleandgrace March 30, 2011 at 3:19 am

Breathtaking!! To see so much “you” in your daughters face and yet to know that surly she has her own remarkable spirit and gentle soul….why, it is simply proof of God’s existence!! Joy leaps off the page and you captured it perfectly. Thank you for sharing, I had forgotten what young hope-for-grand- adventures looked like….inspired!

38 Smilingforgrandma March 30, 2011 at 4:39 am

i tried not to cry as i looked at those photos. you had me with the title of the post. my daughter is a junior this year…and as excited i am for her senior year, i’m also sad. caiti’s senior pictures are beautiful…her excitement for the future shines from each one.

39 Susan March 30, 2011 at 10:12 am

Caiti is stunning, and I love your pictures. Thank you for the inspiration of your blog!

40 Mary Kay March 30, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Wow! Beautiful pictures, beautiful daughter!!! I especially love the “glamour shot” one with the big smile. That smile just looks HAPPY. It made me smile. :-)

41 Susan(Runnermom) March 30, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Hey, Edie! Love these pics of your daughter! Beautiful girl–she looks so much like you! I clicked over to the photo workshop that you mentioned–they look great! But….they are full! Even the one you can audit. Oh well, you will have to share what you have learned with us :). Enjoy the day!
Hugs!
Susan

42 Kbaker March 30, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Caiti’s pictures are wonderful! She is one beautiful young lady, I love them all…but I really do like the “glamour” pic, lovely!
I’m so glad to hear you all are in the process of rebuilding soon, I bet you’re excited and quite impatient to get back in your own home again.
Still thinking of you often….it’s been a little busy here at the Baker household.

43 Dana Bahn March 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm

What a great Job! it might just be me, but Caiti is looking more and more like you!

So glad to hear things are progressing with the house – you’ve been in my prayers!

44 Amanda May March 30, 2011 at 11:57 pm

SO glad to see you back at writing. I missed your inspirational and light hearted posts during your short break. Although we’ve never met, and never will, I enjoy your blog.

45 Heidi March 31, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Oh my! She looks so much like you!
Praise God things are moving along with your house.

46 jessz March 31, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Edie doll, I’m so proud of you. :) You did such a good job!! Your daughter is just AMAZINGLY beautiful. Here eyes are ridiculous. P.S. I’ve had a request to come do a couple shoots down in TN, possibly as early as next month around the Nashville area. Been meaning to write ya this week. :) Love and hugs to you all!!!

47 Emilypsmiller March 31, 2011 at 8:03 pm

happy thursday afternoon!
just an unsolicited opinion :)
if you do want/would like a designer to consult with, Paul Law, of Law’s Interiors and design is fab-u-lous.
Had a decades old family business in Maryville, then moved a scaled down version to Knoxville, but commutes.

Ive been praying for your spirit and for your families spirits to not be marred by your house fire.
And Im so thankful for your honesty and your willingness to love those around you that you dont even know, through your honesty.
Thanks for being a present member of the body,
Emily

48 Alissa April 1, 2011 at 11:44 am

Hi Edie,
I’ve been a reader for a couple of years now… LOVE your inspirational blog! It’s inspiring in soooo many ways – spiritual, home decor & homeschool inspiration are my faves :) When I first discovered your blog, {and couldn’t stop reading it} I didn’t know then that God was also planting the seed of homeschooling… something I never thought I would ever consider. Thank you for your honesty & insights! I’ve been praying for you and your family and am excited for the process of re-building. Have a great weekend! Alissa

49 Alissa April 1, 2011 at 11:44 am

Hi Edie,

50 Wendoww April 1, 2011 at 4:55 pm

She looks beautiful! I am so inspired by your blog. :)

51 Melissa Stover April 1, 2011 at 9:32 pm

great job! i love the glamour shot best. she’s so pretty!

52 Tarahlowry April 2, 2011 at 3:15 pm

she’s just beautiful, edie.
excited for you to start on your house….
have you posted pics of the plan that you guys are building?
would love to see it….

53 Robyn Quintana April 2, 2011 at 5:31 pm

These are GREAT photos! My daughter is asking me to take her senior pics next year. I am working on sharpening my skills!

54 Erica Cooper April 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Hello Edie… Your daughter is so beautiful. I am sure her heart is as beautiful as her darling face. How proud you must be! The photos have turned out lovely as well, how will you choose? They grow up so quickly don’t they? I know you’re enjoying each moment. :)

55 Cate April 5, 2011 at 8:22 am

She is a stunner and your “glamour shot” is a definite keeper ;-)

56 SherrieB April 8, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Hello Edie, love the photos! I am so interested in visiting the blog you mentioned, justimagineheaven, and tried, but it runs SO slowly – I’ve never had this problem with viewing a blog before – I tried several things and it just isnt working – cant read anything, cant scroll, screwy viewing, etc. any suggestions? (My husband is also a Pastor, we have 4 children, and we homeschool as well) God bless!

57 Playingsublimely April 10, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Oh Edie, I wish we knew one another in real life so we could sit over coffee and talk about raising daughters…yours are so lovely, and I bet strong like their momma. How proud you must be…
Love,