November Blue

Dear November,
I’m sorry you have to leave so soon. It seems like you just got here and now you’re headed out already. I always hate when you go. It seems that we never get around to doing all we planned to do together. I know I say this every year, but next year we’re gonna make time to really enjoy each other. I promise not to be so busy that I don’t make time to sit and enjoy all the nice things you bring. You’re always so overshadowed by beautiful October and busy December. But I do think you’re my favorite. Of course, you’ve got Thanksgiving on your side and he just happens to be right at the top of my list . And now you have the Avett Brothers and November Blue. I declare my undying loyalty to you November and I will wait with all the eagerness of young love until you come back again. I miss you already. ¬†We make sweet¬†memories, you and I.
Yours most truly,
edie

P.S. Now you’ll also be the month in which I first learned about Blue Hour from Kent Weakley.

And the first month in which I shot the moon.

*photos unedited except to crop*

18 Comments

• Tarahlowry says:

love this Edie.
    November is one of my favorites, too, and I agree, it gets short changed by October and December.
    Love your heart-felt words, friend…

• Southern Gal says:

Poor, neglected November. Good job with the photos! I just found Kent Weakley this past week. I have a lot to learn with my new camera.
    And everytime I hear the Avett Brothers now I think of you. Did I tell you I took a picture of their set-up stage from the chairlift while at the fair? Yeah. I’m pitiful. A picture of their instruments. I heard them practice and then we had to leave. :0( (My husband is NOT a fan.)

• Amy Avery says:

Beautiful! Beautiful words, beautiful pictures, beautiful month!

• Annie says:

November is one of my favorites too, and somehow this year it got a little bit lost in the shuffle. What a beautiful post for a beautiful month.

• Eclecticwhatnot says:

I love November, too.

I didn’t make it all the way through the Photography class. I can’t find a very important piece to my tripod and my shop has been so busy we are affectionately calling it The Sweat Shop.

Can’t wait to see you in January!

• Taylor N. says:

I love Advent, this is my fourth year in the church calendar. I’m still trying to figure out how to post about it … thanks for your post :)

• Sweet! Love the moon. I’m ready for December…bring it:)

• paige says:

i love november too & feel like i sorta jipped it though!
    your moon shot is so awesome!

xoox

• granted i leave my heart in spring and summer this year i think i’ve figured the man out. he flirts in september get’s serious in october then goes and makes november his bride. then they shimmy into december and next thing you know they’re just an old married couple. that fall knows what he’s doing come november, smooth, smooth.

• Anonymous says:

Been reading you – I think this is my first comment.

And how could you read a letter to November – with all the warmth of one to a friend – and not smile. It was precious, delightful, enjoyable.

• Anonymous says:

Hello my friend. What is the exact name of the audio player that you use? where you just have a play and stop button small and in the middle of the top of your page? I really need that! Now that I am on word press, I think I can get it too.

• hello dear! it’s the player that comes installed on prophoto’s template. (that’s my wordpress theme) i don’t know if it’s something you could get too? my computer knowledge is very sketchy.
      hope you’re doing well friend!
      xo,
      edie

hope you’re doing well friend!
      xo,
      edie

• Anonymous says:

• Kobi says:

we go to went they are trip about i like your pictures and many sister 2 just i would to him