{handmade} gift tutorials::calling all crafters

by Edie Wadsworth on October 4, 2010

i decided  for sure today.
i’m gonna do it again.

{12 days of handmade christmas}

is back.

the first twelve days of november.
sooooo,
if you’re crafty or know someone who is,
send me an email or leave me a comment on this post.
i’ll pick the projects that are fairly simple and can be made in a couple of hours
and post the tutorials on my blog.
i only have 3 slots filled so far so i need your help.
click here to look through last years tutorials.
we’re gonna shoot for all new projects this year so if there’s a project you’d like to see a tutorial for, let me know.

if you can send me a picture or a link of the project you want featured, that would be super helpful.

i’d also like to link to your favorite etsy shops so we can support moms who are creating lovely handmade goodies.

so tell me about those too.  pretty please?

if there’s an abundance of projects, we may have to link to some instead of posting them all  here.

if you guys don’t come through for me and we only get 5 days worth of postings , i’ll resort to posting seven days videos of  me singing old school country songs.

that could be devastating for us all.

i’d much rather learn how to make  a dishmat, wouldn’t you?

yes you would, trust me.  or ask my children.

i can’t wait to hear about all your handmade goodness!

please send your emails to ediewadsworthathotmaildotcom and put ’12 days of Christmas’ as the subject or leave a comment on this post.

my hot glue gun and sewing machine thank you in advance.

1 Kara October 4, 2010 at 11:31 am

YAY! I’m so glad you’re doing this again! About two weeks ago I started perusing your archives to find your projects from last year for a little bit of DIY inspiration. CAN’T WAIT!

2 Kay October 4, 2010 at 11:38 am

Yay! I’m really excited about this! This is what brought me to your blog last year which sucked me in and I became a follower. Very excited to see this year’s projects!

3 crystal October 4, 2010 at 11:43 am

I would love to participate. :) I have TONS of tutorials ready to go…here: http://www.littlebitfunky.com/search/label/how%20to

or here:http://www.littlebitfunky.com/search/label/20%20minute%20crafter

4 Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect October 4, 2010 at 12:33 pm

I have been wanting to make an advent calendar from a mini muffin tin for two years. Now that I have more time (ahem!), I’m going to make one this year! If you need another tutorial, I’d love to partner with you for that. (“Partner” sounded weird. You know what I mean!) No hard feelings if you’re looking for something already done and written. I’ll enjoy reading your tutorials either way! :)

5 Autum October 4, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Hi Edie,
I was thrilled to participate last year and would love to again. If you have any slots open, I’d be happy to come up with something. Maybe holiday pillows again, or stockings, maybe a tree skirt.

6 Cate October 4, 2010 at 2:29 pm

I am decidedly NOT crafty, but I’m anxious to view other people’s ideas who are. My 10yo daughter is DYING to see this series come out as she’s making all her gifts this year and, as she said to me last night, “Mom, how many potholders does a person really need?” (She gave potholders that she wove last year as gifts.)

7 Molly Pearce October 4, 2010 at 2:36 pm

Hey Edie! I just sent you an email with my submission. Let me know if you have received it :)
~Molly P

8 Molly Pearce October 4, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Hey%20Edie!%20I%20just%20sent%20you%20an%20email%20with%20my%20submission.%20Let%20me%20know%20if%20you%20have%20received%20it%20%3A)
~Molly%20P

9 Megan October 4, 2010 at 3:07 pm

yay! I am excited!!

10 Tara October 4, 2010 at 4:46 pm

LOVE your new banner!

Did you see my orange owl that I got from TJMAXX?

Yours was my inspiration….

Hopefully, that doesn’t freak you completely out that I copied you.

Cause it sounded a little freakish when I re-read it. :)

I can’t wait til your 12 days of Christmas!

11 patty October 4, 2010 at 7:53 pm

edie-love that owl-he’s adorable! and did you change the red to a reddish orange? looks great! :)

12 patty October 4, 2010 at 7:54 pm

edie-love that owl! :)

13 Denise October 4, 2010 at 10:33 pm

I hope you only get five so that I can see the videos. Crafting is really over-rated. ;)

14 Brittan October 5, 2010 at 12:08 am

I am soo glad you are doing this!!! Loved it last year and used several of the ideas for Christmas gifts:)

15 Brittan October 5, 2010 at 12:09 am

I am so glad you are doing this again! I used several of the ideas last year for gifts!

16 Lisa Cash October 5, 2010 at 6:01 am

I just looked at the series from last year, and I’m soooo excited about this – woo hoo!! Cannot wait to get inspired!

I wish I was a clever crafter and could contribute (hmmm – a little unintentional alliteration), but I can’t think of a thing. I do have the best-evah peanut butter cookie recipe that we make and gift every year, if you’re interested in a baking tutorial.

PS: Love your new banner – so Fall festive.

17 molly October 5, 2010 at 3:24 pm

yay! i am so excited that you are doing 12 days again this year! i loved all the projects last year…especially the bunting! you rock.

18 PerfectingPru October 5, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Just yesterday I was looking back on the 12 days of Christmas from last year. I made the ragamuffin garland and plan to make another one this year. Am not at all crafty, but do have an apple sultana cake recipe if you are really, really desperate. As in, no one else comes forward – I think I am safe ; )

19 Devon October 5, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Hi,

Have you filled all the spots yet? I would love to participate. I have lots of great (in my opinion) ideas – the only problem is that they aren’t in tutorial form yet. I can send a picture or two and then put together one soon. I loved last years tutorials and look forward to all the talented ladies out there.

20 Southern Gal October 6, 2010 at 12:44 pm

Can’t wait to see all the tutorials you’ll be sharing. Amanda at kevinandamanda.com just shared a ruffled camera strap tute that is gorgeous!

21 Gay Nell October 6, 2010 at 2:04 pm

did you make fairy ornaments one time? I wanted to make angel ornaments for friends this year and thought the fairy ornaments could easily be adapted into angels. I saw a tutorial over a year ago and wanted to make them as Christmas ornaments but can’t find the tutorial, website or blog. If you did or know who did will you let me know? Your blog is so inspirational and fun to read. i love your homes and love your decorating, especially at Christmas. I can’t wait to see what you do this year in your new home.

22 Julia in WDM October 7, 2010 at 1:26 am

12 day of christmas is how I found you and I cannot wait for this year! Thanks for bringing it back. Iowa love to you.

23 mary katharine October 8, 2010 at 4:07 am

Yeah!! So glad you’re doing this again. I am NOT crafty at all, but love pouring through these posts!!

24 Anna K. October 11, 2010 at 1:13 pm

I’d seen your 12 days of handmade Christmas last year {and loved it}but I couldn’t seem to remember who’d hosted it…I’m so glad I found it again!

I humbly offer my submission…and hope that every slot isn’t already filled. ;o)