My friend Julie

by Edie Wadsworth on August 26, 2010

I was so blessed about a year ago to reconnect with Julie through blog world. Her father was my youth pastor for several years when I was a youngster and made a dramatic impact on my life. I have such fond memories of their family and visiting her house the other day was like a sunny walk down memory lane. Julie’s friend Denise, who also went to our church back then, was able to be there too.   I can’t tell you how excited I was to be able to visit with them.   These girls are beautiful and just as wonderful as I remember them. Julie made a yummy lunch and then I got to tour her beautiful home.

Julie has a great blog called Less Than Perfect Life of Bliss and a neat canvas business called My Fine Art. After getting my digital files from Jessica, I knew I wanted a few canvases printed for the girls’ room. Julie’s prices are so much more affordable than anything I have found online. Plus, she’s just a sweetheart to work with and can do so many customizations.   I just love how they turned out and can’t wait to get to work on making the girls’ room special. I’m off to a good start.
They decided to move their twin beds together so it’s been a bit of a dilemna pulling it all together.

I had already seen many of Julie’s great projects but it was so fun to see them in person.

I love this jewelry organizer she made. I NEED that pink fabric.

….and her kitchen is absolutely dreamy!

Her whole house is dreamy and she’s so lovely and down to earth. You’ll love her, I know you will.

She gave me this canvas as a gift and I just adore it!! Stevie asked me why the heads were cut off.
Artsy? Hello?
Thank you so much Julie.
We love them all.

P.S. I was so sad Amy, Julie’s sister couldn’t join us. I always LOVED her too and her brother David. They were ‘little’ when I was in youth group and I always wanted to babysit and play with them. Those were the good ‘ole days!

1 Brittaney August 26, 2010 at 3:42 pm

Hello Edie! I’ve been a long time blog stalker, but I just have to leave a comment on this post. The canvas the girls are holding is awesome and the picture is just hilarious! What funny girls! Anyway, thanks for the link to your friends canvas art- I’m definately going to have to check it out.

2 Tara August 26, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Hi Edie!
I wanna order some of the canvas’ from her…what size are yours?

LOVE them.

We’re getting our pics professionally taken in October…so I may wait to get those put onto canvas’….

how exciting…thanks for letting us know about her!

3 patty August 26, 2010 at 5:59 pm

first, thank-you for being there for me in my fit of hysteria! :) i’m recovering now… {note the “ing”}. her home is lovely-beautiful. hope you had a fun time! and i love the canvases… going to have to go through my gazillion photos and pick something special! :)

4 melissa stover August 26, 2010 at 6:41 pm

the canvasses are great! i’m so glad you told me about her shop. now i may have to get some of my own printed!! love the one with the heads cut off. hysterical!

5 Julie August 26, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Edie! You are too kind to me. I LOVE that pic of the girls holding their canvas! I’ll remember our little luncheon for a long time. We can’t wait to do it again. And if you want some of that pink fabric, I know a little shop in Paris in the fabric district… :)

P.S. Will you email me that pic of the 3 of us? :)

6 Kristi August 27, 2010 at 12:23 pm

I love those canvases!!! And how awesome you got to reconnect! I just visited her blog and her home is gorgeous!
Kristi

7 Jessica August 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Love all the house pics, she obviously has a fabuous home. I really like your bangs and your boots Edie, I wish it ever felt cold enough here to wear knee high boots. I guess I’ll save mine for our trip to Minnesota…this year it’s in December! I freeze when I go in October, so I’m not sure how I’ll survive the cold. :/

Those blown up canvas prints are great, I’ve always wanted to do that. I’ll have to check out the link. Take care.

8 sarah August 27, 2010 at 3:06 pm

I love the girls bedding! Is it the Daintree bedding by Anthology or a mix of other bedding?

9 Lana Austin August 27, 2010 at 4:35 pm

The…let’s just call it, in honor of your husband, “decapitation art” is rockin’ awesome!
;)

10 jess@studio3z August 27, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Edie!!!! The canvases look GREAT! I do have to say…I love the “headless” photo I took, but the girls’ version is hilarious! If you have any other photos of the canvases can you email them to me? I am going to do a blog post about my clients’ art, showcased in their home. :)

11 Ami D August 27, 2010 at 8:50 pm

A few things in no particular order:

- My closet has never ever looked that neat and organized on it’s best day. I think I have closet envy.

- I saw a craft project for a similar jewelry “frame” on one of the site’s on your blogroll using a lovely green painted section of chicken wire. I know it sounds a little crazy, but was spectacular.

- Your logo at the top of the page is broken for me again which is not said to stress you out, but I would want to know if it was me. Kinda like having spinach in your teeth.

Enjoy the weekend!

12 Lauren August 27, 2010 at 9:10 pm

You’re friend Julie sounds so talented and I love all of her stuff! So happy for ya’ll that you all got to meet up together and spend happy times! I, too, love that jewelry organizer – - she should sell those on her Etsy shop too! :)

13 meaghan August 28, 2010 at 2:08 am

hiii! could your children look any more different from each other?! but ALL gorgeous! LOVE the pic of the girls holding the canvas hahahaha! can’t wait to go exploring julie and jessica’s blogs!