and the winner is……….

by Edie Wadsworth on March 10, 2010

cherrypickingwithgrandma cherry picking last summer with Grandma at Uncle Jeff and Aunt Vicki’s farm.

The winner of the Pleated Poppy’s yummy stuff is……

Mott from the The Courtyard Gate.

If you will send me your address by email,  I’ll make sure you get your ‘loot’. Congratulations my friend!

In other lifeingrace news:

1.  I’ve been spring cleaning.   I took four bags of stuff to Goodwill from my laundry room.

2.  I’m trying to finish Hamlet by Friday for bookclub.   Wish me luck.

3.  I’m reading a fascinating book called The Hidden Key to Harry Potter that explores all the christian symbolism in the books.

4.  I could probably finish Hamlet by Friday if I wasn’t reading three other books at the same time.

5.  I received a ‘Beautiful Cup’ award from Internet Cafe for having a ‘unique and artistic’ blog about faith.  I’m very humbled and grateful.  I think ‘unique’ be another word for quirky!  Thanks to whoever nominated me.

6.  My girls and I are in such a good stride with our schooling.   I’ll update soon.  I’m already thinking of starting a bookclub for them this summer based on an idea I got from a book I just finished called The Thomas Jefferson Education: A Home Companion.

7.  Happy Birthday to Grandma Evadne. We love you!

when are you coming to visit?

8.  I’ve been making lots of bread.   I need a whole post to tell you about it.

9.  I’m hoping to plant some grass seeds today to have fresh grass for Easter decorations.

10.  I’m a little behind on Read the Bible Through in Three Months. I hope to finish by Easter.  I highly recommend it and it usually takes a little less than an hour a day.

1 Jennifer Allwood March 10, 2010 at 12:24 pm

That is so inspiring! When do you sleep???????? I am trying to read the Bible in a year. Can I be honest??? It’s been 6 years going! But I am on Nov 27th….. getting closer!!!!!

2 Laura @ Sahm I Am! March 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Are you named after your Grandma? I say there is just nothing better than a grandma. Mine was my matron of honor at my wedding, cause I love her that much! Hope yours come to visit soon.

I also thought there was lots of Christian symbolism in Harry Potter, and I really enjoyed the books. I may try to find the book you’re reading. Sounds interesting.

So, are you making any whole grain bread? I need a good recipe, especially if it can be done in the bread maker.

You have been mighty busy!

3 Cate March 10, 2010 at 6:06 pm

You are one incredibly busy lady – how do you fit it all in?

Have read the HIdden Keys book too – not a bad read from memory (it was some time ago).

Have a great day!

4 Carmen March 10, 2010 at 10:20 pm

I’d never heard of that Harry Potter book. Sounds interesting. I need to start that Bible plan too. You are a busy lady! :)

5 Ruth March 10, 2010 at 10:49 pm

Both the Hidden Keys to Harry Potter and Thomas Jefferson Education books sound so fantastic. Did you find them on Amazon? I would love to read them. Already checked the library and they’re not there.

I can’t wait to hear about your adventures in bread making. I used to do it more and need to get back into it.

6 Kristi March 11, 2010 at 4:23 am

I have always been guarded about the Harry Potter books and movies because I was afraid they were the opposite. I might have to give them a chance now :)
Where can I find the info to read the Bible in 3 months? I have tried the year long ones and always get wayyyyyy off course! That’s my ADD showing through! ;)

7 MandiShandi March 11, 2010 at 11:51 am

Hey friend! Thought about you yesterday when I made your fantastic biscuits so I thought I would stop by and say hello. I hope to be blogging again soon. Miss you!

8 Renee March 11, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Edie,
When you have time (haha), would you read my post on femininity and comment? I am not Lutheran, but do go to a “reformed” church (pca) and would love your input. Have a great week!

9 Candace March 11, 2010 at 10:17 pm

Edie, does the M’town library have the Thomas Jefferson book?? I’ve been wanting to read that one, but the Knox library doesn’t have it…if M’town doesn’t have it I will try to inter-library loan it. :) I just finished the OT in the 90 day reading plan. SO exciting…I’ve never done it before and this plan has been just right for me!!

10 Rhonda March 12, 2010 at 11:36 am

Wow! You are one busy lady! How do you manage to get it all done?

11 jenny March 12, 2010 at 7:30 pm

where do you find the time!? I am scraping the bottom of the hour glass to get the necessities done lately!

12 Mary Jean Taylor March 16, 2010 at 2:36 am

how many hours of sleep at night do you get? You are so amazing at all that you accomplish! I need your secret? I saw your preview on Twitter and can’t wait to hear all about your new adventure on the lake!!! Blessings!