It’s my Yard Sale and I’ll cry if I want to……..

by Edie Wadsworth on October 23, 2009

disclaimer: neither the weeping small child nor the wonderful knitted hat are for sale

I found this {and many other wonderful pictures} the other day when I was preparing for the yard sale. And I feel a little like this today. Now I remember why I don’t like having yard sales—-it’s a lot of work and I really like my stuff. Even the stuff I don’t use anymore. And inevitably when I swipe the dust off and take a 2nd look, I wanna keep it.

But sometimes the stuff can be suffocating—-and my girls are working toward getting a new embroidery sewing machine—so I guess I’ll keep pricing. If you live in the area, head over to my place tomorrow from 8-12 and enjoy some coffee, muffins, hot chocolate, and donuts as you shop.
Now, I’m off to sort through the mountainous amounts of Christmas decorations (there will be 2 decorated trees for sale) and bake some pastries for the girls to sell. Taylor and Caiti are coming home this weekend too—to help with the sale and to go to the local fall festival with us. Pray the rain holds off but we’ll be here rain or shine!
Other items for sale:
sofa, fabric ottoman, bedding, pillows, a few dining chairs, lots of home decor, seasonal decorations, clothes, shoes, a tv/dvd/vcr combo, dishes, and lots lots more!
Note: This coming Monday, I will launch the 12 days Christmas tutorials with the cutest little project and the cutest little blog button you’ve ever seen. That’ll give us a week to spread the word before the 12 days officially starts on November 1.

1 Sheri October 23, 2009 at 3:30 pm

I've always been a get rid-of-er (that's a new word I made up, like it?), but there have been a few times I have regretted it. That said, sell it, get the machine, and make all new memories with your girls! And inspire me some more with pics of your fabulous decorating ideas!

2 Amanda @ Serenity Now October 23, 2009 at 3:32 pm

I wish I lived close enough to go to that sale. :) Good luck!!!

3 Heather at All A Flutter October 23, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Oh how I wish I was in in your town for the sale! I love a good garage sale, especially one with treats :)

4 Crissie October 23, 2009 at 4:44 pm

What a wonderful goal for your girls! I have an embroidery machine and they're worth their weight in gold! Get a good brand and you'll never regret it. Good luck with your garage sale – I always feel the same way! It's hard to part with some of my treasures (I like beautiful things!), but it's refreshing to the soul to be free of stuff.

xoxoxo

5 Molly October 23, 2009 at 5:18 pm

Good luck with the sale!!! Wish I lived closer to patronize!! Happy weekend!
~Molly P

6 Ruth October 23, 2009 at 6:11 pm

It is hard to let go of things sometimes but they are suffocating. Lately, I am in a constant state of purge. It feels good in the end. I wish I could come to your yardsale and save some of those goodies.

7 Kelly October 23, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Wondering what you want for that fabulous sofa that I want of yours? Wanna email me? I'm hoping to be there at 8am and dragging Emily with me.

8 southerninspiration October 23, 2009 at 7:44 pm

you and the Nester should be having one together….THAT would be worth the trip!! :) Hope it goes well.

suzanne

9 Kathy October 23, 2009 at 8:35 pm

I LOVE that your big kids are coming to help and I really really wish I was closer cuz I'm thinking I would love your stuff too:)

10 Karin Katherine October 24, 2009 at 7:01 pm

I so wish we could have a garage sale. We live in a gated community and that is a no-no and impossibility. But still, I'm dreaming. There is actually a storage place that hosts garage sales twice a year. I might have to consider that.

11 Lara Harris October 25, 2009 at 11:03 pm

Oh that is just precious!:)I can feel her emotion!

12 Jennifer October 26, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I am excited to see this 12 Days of Christmas!!

13 patty October 28, 2009 at 12:57 am

i'm catching up on my favorite blogs tonight… great photo, and i thought, "oh my! she did NOT sell the hand knit hat!", only to lol as i read the disclaimer! hope it was successful, and forgot to mention that i love the button! it's adorable!