2. This year has been wonderful because Taylor and Caiti have been in the same choir, along with their dearest friends, Andrew and Kaley! I think this eases the pain of wearing ‘choir’ clothes and dancing onstage to ‘Footloose’.
3. I love any activity that’s equally as fun for an 8 or 18 or 80 year old.
4. Taylor had a spring in his step when he realized that Morgan had driven from Kingsport to see the performance.
5. Watching the kids perform always sends me soaring with pride. As does the fact that Taylor just received a choir scholarship from ETSU!
6. Taylor’s band is vying for a position to sing at a large christian festival in the summer. If you go to The Verity’s myspace page, you can help them by voting for their band. (You can vote once a day until May 25)
7. Despite the fact that I have known for 18 years that Taylor would be graduating from high school at this very time in history, this event seems to have me perplexed and bewildered; as if it were totally catching me off-guard. I am frozen with fear. I think that actually finishing his scrapbook or video would seal his fate in my mind. As long as I’m not done with my projects, he can’t graduate. Or move off to college. Right? So I playfully work on them both as if I have all the time in the world. Presently, ‘all the time in the world’= 47 days.
And here’s a big scary hug and smooch to you for all your kind comments on the last post—which put me into a state akin to a hummingbird on caffeine; yet more proof that closing comments for Lent has been much needed practice in humility.
I told you it was scary!
Eat your heart out Kevin Bacon……..
7 things I need to tell you about the choir concert
1. Taylor had a solo singing ‘Footloose’. He did an excellent job and even threw in a few ‘moves’. I use the term ‘moves’ loosely.
chico state says
Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working with?
I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different web browsers and I must
say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a fair price?
Many thanks, I appreciate it!
Superb blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
I’m hoping to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for
a paid option? There are so many choices out there that
I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any tips? Many thanks!