The Nutcracker 2011

by Edie Wadsworth on December 18, 2011

I’m not sure I can convey the sheer joy of watching my ballerinas perform this weekend in a  wonderful and classic rendition of  The Nutcracker.   I was teary eyed more than not.  And I breathed a huge sigh of relief when Emme finished her last dance as Clara.   This stuff is hard on mommas.

We have loved the music for a while but this experience has made us all huge Nutcracker fans.   My little Elea was such a cute ‘party girl’ and made may have enjoyed her backstage time as much as her onstage time.   She carefully packed her crafts and activities and snacks and refused to leave early EVER.

It has been  a wonderful, memorable, exhausting experience.

And getting to dance with very talented professionals?  She’ll be on cloud nine for quite a while.

We are so blessed to be loved and supported by such a wonderful family—-sisters,  brothers, grannies……

cousins…….

Aunt Gina……

Auntie Julie, Auntie Sue-Sue, Grandma (who came all the way from Minnesota!)
A big smooch and thanks to dad (Stevie) for being so patient and supportive with all the late nights, missed meals and occasional crabby girls!

It was my very favorite Nutcracker performance and I highly doubt it will ever be topped.  I could be slightly biased though :)

1 Maggie December 19, 2011 at 3:32 am

WOW SHE LOOKS AMAZING!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL~~

2 Ginawilliams December 19, 2011 at 3:35 am

I still get teary just looking at the pictures Sis! You are correct when you say, The Nutcracker performance will never be topped in my opinion either. I am so very proud of Emme and Elea. They were sensational! Makes an Aunt very proud too! Love you all!

3 Ginawilliams December 19, 2011 at 3:35 am

4 Mimi December 19, 2011 at 4:18 am

You are absolutely right— it is hard on mom!!!  I used to get so nervous for my daughter when she danced!  I enjoyed looking at the pictures of her performance and vicariously experiencing the moment!  I’m sure it was more lovely in person!

5 Victoria December 19, 2011 at 4:34 am

That is so awesome!  I know how proud you are as my daughter did the same thing at one time many years ago.  She eventually majored in dance performance and became a Radio City Rockette.  So we enjoyed many wonderful performances beaming with pride as you are now.  Your girls look like they had a lot of fun doing it.  And that is important.  Thanks for sharing the photos!  Blessings to you and your sweet family this special Christmas season.

6 Nan December 19, 2011 at 5:09 am

Wow All you precious girls! I have never posted before, but when I saw these pictures of your babies, I felt it for you too!!!

WHAT JOY! What memories!!!

Blessings to your precious family at this JOYOUS SEASON!

” And He shall reign forever and ever!!”

nan

7 Christy December 19, 2011 at 5:18 am

Oh how wonderful! I love the Nutcracker. It is such a wonderful ballet. I can’t wait to take my girls. How fun to actually perform in it! Your girls looked beautiful!

8 Puttin' On The GRITS December 19, 2011 at 6:05 am

I’m sure you are so proud! The Nutcracker is such a classic and I’m sure you were over the moon to have her in it!  I missed our symphony and ballet’s performance of it this weekend….very bummed!

9 Pru December 19, 2011 at 9:08 am

They both look so good up on the stage!  I can see why you are so proud.

I hope that you have a good week with your family, your family are in my thoughts this week in particular, and that you have a wonderful Christmas in your new home.

Merry Christmas Edie!

Pru
xx

10 Ilazaroff December 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

Congrats to the girls (and the family)! They look wonderful, the pics are great, and what beautiful memories for all of you.
Christmas Blessings to you all….

11 Molly Rigoloso December 19, 2011 at 11:41 am

How beautiful are your ballerinas?! I bet you couldn’t quit smiling for days. What a special season for your family. Blessings over you and yours this Advent.

12 Michelle Starling December 19, 2011 at 11:43 am

It was a great performance.  I too loved watching my baby girl in that show ( she was the chinese girl).  Love these pics. Clara was great.

13 Ruth Emond December 19, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Edie- your heart must be bursting. What an exciting time for you and the girls. Your ballerinas look beautiful.
Missed you.

Hugs,

14 peachstatebelle December 19, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Clara… a little ballerina’s dream come true!  Congrats to all of you!

15 Southern Gal December 19, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Every little ballerinas dream come true!  It looks like it was amazing, Edie!  And to have the support of all those family members is priceless.   I hope you bought the CD so you can watch it over the years.  We still pull out Rebekah’s performances and laugh and smile and cry.  Well, I cry.  No one else does.
(I see the family resemblance in that photo with Aunt Gina.)

16 beth bryant December 19, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Just Beautiful! Isn’t The Nutcracker such a part of Christmas spirit! My kids love it, even my boys…Your girls are precious and will always remember being a part of that!

17 Kathy December 19, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Oh my word.  Miss Emme is gorgeous and little Elea is a doll.  I hope Steve has a gun to clean when the boys start coming over..haha.  They are quite the stars of the show!

18 Jeffarmfam December 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Love the pics miss Edie!! Thanks for sharing. I do think it is one of the most professional ones I have been involved with. What a great experience! My girls are life long lovers because of their involvement when they were younger.

19 Melissa December 19, 2011 at 3:01 pm

How exciting for her!! What a great honor and what a special Christmas. EXCITING! My boss’s son was Fritz in a local nutcracker here and we loved it.

20 Tara December 19, 2011 at 3:58 pm

the pictures are beautiful….love that your girls have found something they can love and enjoy together. :}

21 bebba December 19, 2011 at 4:49 pm

What a lovely Christmas memory for your family! Thanks for sharing.

22 Gina December 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Awww, how sweet. And how beautiful your daughters and all the children are. Also, how special for so many family members to be able to come. I love The Nutcracker too. It’s so festive. Our daughter was in it twice as a 4 and 5 year old. Now you can relax and enjoy the season. ;)

23 Gina December 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm

24 Jennifer December 19, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Joyful, joyful … blessings of the season to you all!

25 rhonda December 19, 2011 at 6:51 pm

They look SO BEAUTIFUL!!!   You must be the proudest momma on the planet!  I am hoping my two little girls will want to do this someday!

26 Pbhoney December 19, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I got a little teary thinking about how special that was for you…God is So good…what a difference from a year ago…the girls are beautiful…MERRY CHRISTMAS!

27 Elizabeth Highsmith December 20, 2011 at 2:33 am

sister friends have some rocking make-up. is it bad if i take notes? we’re a nutcracker family too!!! we dance, we help, we watch-we dance!!! i’m thinking of including a pre-nup “you shalt always take me to see thee nutcracker” amen. is this why i’m single? most importantly yay for your girls and for you and for family to cheer! merry, merry, happy Christmas!

28 jesszwo December 22, 2011 at 9:55 pm

OH MY GOODNESS, the girls are beyond precious! Way to go, Emme & Elea!!

29 {darlene} December 27, 2011 at 12:16 am

That first and third picture, oh my!! Congratulations Emme and Elea! What a joy to PERFORM and create!!! Now that the dust has settled, you have an offering and a memory to last a lifetime!!! Brava, girls!

30 {darlene} December 27, 2011 at 12:16 am

31 Claire December 30, 2011 at 8:59 am

These pictures are too beautiful for words. Talk about some strong little girls!!  Learned from their Mama.  We love your blog so much.
All the best in 2012. – Claire