31 Days|Day 5 Finding Inspiration {from the internet}

by Edie Wadsworth on October 5, 2011

You thought I wouldn’t post today, didn’t you?

That I’d give up and pack or something?   Didn’t you know that Grannie’s coming AND my sister  will be here with all her stellar moving/packing/power tool operating skills?

We got this.  No worries!

My participating in the 31 Days during house rebuilding and moving are so typical of my shenanigans.

Apparently, I work best under pressure.

And since we’re still on the topic of finding inspiration, I thought I’d show you a video of some of the spaces in my house that were inspired by my favorite internet design friends.

I’m so thankful for them all.

I remember well when I first found The Nester’s blog.  It was my first baptism into the wonderful world of blogging.   I stayed up nearly all night reading her every post and carefully studying all the pictures of her house.   She’s had such an influence on me and I’m so thankful for her.   I thought I was the only person who made window MIStreatments.   She’s the best.  And her recent ‘book page’ party.  OH MY HEAVENS, at the creativity!

And then I found Jenny at Little Green Notebook , Erika from Urban Grace Interiors ,  Emily from Jones Design Company,  and my own sweet designer Darlene from Fieldstone Hill Design.   I’m also grateful to my two friends, Polly who blogs at Bliss and Bumps and  Julie for their real life homes that were so inspirational to me.

I owe them all, and all of you, who’ve inspired me with your DIY projects and your beautiful homes, a debt of gratitude, for sharing your creative life and ventures with us.

My house is a melting pot of all you wonderful people and I’ll think of you while I learn to live life here in this wonderful space that I now get to call home.

Please tell me it’s not all a dream!

1 Alexandra October 5, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Eddie, thanks so much for sharing the story of your new home.  I’m loving these posts!

2 Alexandra October 5, 2011 at 2:52 pm

3 LeslieS October 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Oh No Eddie!!!  It says this video is private???  Is there something I need to do to view the video??? xo

4 LeslieS October 5, 2011 at 3:36 pm

5 Southern Gal October 5, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I’m getting “This video is private”, too.  :(

6 Susan October 5, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Beautiful, breathtaking! Thanks for sharing…can’t wait to see the moved in version!

7 Karnold55 October 5, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Absolutely beautiful!!  Everything!  You must be SO excited because I am and it isn’t even my house!!
What is that song you have playing at the beginning in your car?

8 LeslieS October 5, 2011 at 4:39 pm

Figured it out!!!  Everything is Awesome… Thanks for sharing…

9 Wantingwhatihave October 5, 2011 at 5:23 pm

I am SOOOO HAPPY for you!!!! How awesome! Knowing a little of what you have been through makes this just so incredibly wonderful! Yea for y’all!!! It is all gorgeous!

10 Gina October 5, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Oh, what a good idea to share where each idea came from. :) Love everything! Your cabinetry and lighting is fabulous! :) Can’t wait to see more. ;)

11 Gretchen October 5, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I LOVE THIS: I remember well, that during my second year of med school, during finals,  I took up scrapbooking.  Yes, I did my friend.

I do the same thing. My theory is that when the pressure cooker is building up steam, we have to let it out somehow. This 31 days project is the perfect outlet to the stress of moving.

Love your movie. Especially your adorable accent. ;)

12 Alima October 5, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oh my word Edie! You are killing me with the lighting fixtures!!! So many gorgeous chandeliers I can hardly stand it. I am especially loving that one in the kitchen! Can’t wait to see your posts on lighting.
Oh and that view you have on the drive to the lake! Gorgeous!

13 Ruth Emond October 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Edie~I am so excited and it’s not even my house.  What a happy and fun time as you prepare to move in.  I wish I could be there to help.  Your home is so gorgeous.  So many beautiful things I could watch the video over and over.  Just perfect.  God bless you, sweet friend.  I hope that all goes well and you are busy working away at your dream home.

Hugs,

14 Candace October 5, 2011 at 8:27 pm

oh Edie it is beautiful!! being from jeff city I am watching your video and I can’t tell WHERE you are, I even watched you going down the road 2x, ha!! please message me and end the curiosity that is killing me. :)

15 Maria October 5, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Love love love!!! Perfect song too!

16 Kristen November 25, 2011 at 11:13 am

Do you know what that song is?

17 edie wadsworth November 29, 2011 at 3:34 am

dog days are over by florence and the machine! :)

18 Suzanne Joffrion October 5, 2011 at 9:15 pm

It’s GORGEOUS!!!  thanks for sharing.
Suzanne

19 Lisa Grace October 5, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Glad to have new blogs to visit for inspiration, as well as yours.  Thanks for sharing!

20 Judith October 5, 2011 at 11:17 pm

This is just PERFECT!!  I’m actually giddy with excitement for you…it’s just beautiful and completely unique and so homey already.  :)  And I LOVE that your TV is hidden in full view.  I might be stealing that idea…we’re trying to revamp our media configuration so that little fingers can’t push all the cable box and DVD buttons.  :)

21 Tara October 5, 2011 at 11:45 pm

I bet you’ve had a 100 people say they wish they could help you move in….I wish I could help, too!  It’s been such a JOURNEY you’ve been on with your family…..and you’ve been so gracious and transparent to let us join you on it.  The house is beautiful…I really can’t imagine that it won’t end up in a magazine!!!!  I’m so glad that you stayed true to who you are down to every last little detail….

22 Anne Worthington October 6, 2011 at 2:16 am

Edie!  I loved this!  I don’t think I’d ever heard your voice before, and now I love you even more :)  No, really, that was so fun to see!  Your house is stunning!  Simply sunning!  My head is spinning at the thought of all the decisions you’ve had to make in building it, but what a wonderful job you’ve done!  I am so happy for you and your family.  What a blessing from Jesus!  xoxo

23 Christiekauffman October 6, 2011 at 3:08 am

Oh so excited for you , thanks for the fantastic tour

24 FunkySteph October 6, 2011 at 7:41 am

What a fabulous location, what a beautiful house. You will end up with something amazing… Just like you it seems….

25 Perfecting Pru October 6, 2011 at 7:53 am

To be honest Edie, I started writing a comment whilst the video was playing and I had half an eye on it, and then the lake comes into view.  Oh wow!  The Belfast sink is gorgeous, I want one for my house.  I can’t believe there are three showers in that shower – so incredible.  Good luck with the cleaning and then the moving in, I can’t believe how quickly everything has come together.

Much love to you and your family.
xx

26 dvondielingen October 6, 2011 at 12:17 pm

I LOVED this post!!!  Everything is gorgeous!!  SO happy for you and your family that it’s almost move in day!!!

27 Jen B October 6, 2011 at 5:26 pm

UM.  AMAZING!  You MUST do another video once you get some of your things moved it.  I loved the tour and getting to see all the little details.  I bet you’re going to be so bored once you’re done with your house, so…. maybe you need to make a trip to KY, I know a house that could use some cottage, texas, vintage, ecclectic love!!

28 Nestofposies October 6, 2011 at 6:46 pm

i feel so blessed to be a part of your journey via the internet.  i can’t imagine all your thoughts going through your mind today!

i can’t wait to see more of your gorgeous house!

29 Thestoriesofa2z October 6, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Holy gorgeousness! Love it!

30 {darlene} October 6, 2011 at 7:02 pm

the boys and I loved every minute, and every corner, of this video. Oh, edie! How wonderful it looks! Every last detail! and that lake. You know how I feel about lakes!!
I am so tickled about what Stevie said about me. If you save a man’s favorite chair from damnation, your goodness is immortalized. That’s in the Good Book somewhere, no?? He is just thankful he did not end up with a Fatboy.
I am beaming from looking at this, and likely, will not stop beaming. What a blessing all of this is! And a testimony to my boys, as they see their prayers being answered.
LOVE YOU!!!

31 Domestic Fashionista October 6, 2011 at 7:12 pm

What a beautiful story you have to tell…all that your family has been through, to be given this gift of designing your home from the ground up.  Your home is going to be so stunning!  And a beautiful testimony on the community of bloggers!  LOVE this!

32 Jessica B October 6, 2011 at 7:24 pm

Just jumped over from Darlene’s FB page where she posted video!!! LOVE IT! I love lake homes & hope to have one someday :)

33 Anonymous October 6, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I am so happy and so excited for you! You and your precious family are about to experience the power of God first-hand!

34 Pmontalvo514 October 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Your home is a little slice of heaven.  The lake as a backdrop is to die for, I hope you enjoy many peaceful days on the deck drinking coffee and worshiping our Lord!  So happy things are just about done, and you get to actually “live” in this space now.  Blessings, Paula!

35 Kate Kruuse October 13, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Hi Edie! I have been following your blog for some time (since before the fire and coveted your home school class room). I am amazed (and motivated) by your hard work and determination to see all your desires and needs come through from the start to finally the completion of your gorgeous house!! I adore your home and love that your personal style shines throughout!  I can’t wait to see you all moved in.  I have one question for you…where did you get the cute light fixture (the round chandelier) in your daughters room.  I LOVE IT!  Thanks! xoxo Kate

36 Southern Bombshell October 14, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Just wanted to let you know that I adore the music you’ve set this video to! Best wishes from my family to yours.

37 edie wadsworth October 17, 2011 at 11:41 am

thank you dear!
xo

38 Angela R October 29, 2011 at 11:46 am

I love that part of Tennessee. How can you not be reminded  of God  by such natural beauty.  Your new house is beautiful!