31 Days| Day 7 We Made It!

by Edie Wadsworth on October 8, 2011

I’ve got 3 things to say to you tonight.
The first thing is—apparently, it’s hard to get internet service in paradise. Hence, no day 6.
The second thing is—-the only thing better than a brand new beautiful house is a brand new beautiful house filled with the smell of bacon.
The third thing is—–it’s a crying shame that there was no video of Kimmie, Grannie, Sister and I wrestling my king size mattress up the stairs because the movers got it mixed up with the guest room mattress. We heaved and laughed and cried and laughed some more and then when we got to the top of the stairs, Stevie was sitting on the screen porch smoking his pipe with a big cheesy grin on his face. I’m not sure if that was the highlight of my day or when the mover accidentally gave me a shiner on the left eye or when we disconnected and reconnected the ice maker under full water pressure.

Every move of everyone I’ve ever known starts out organized and serious and intentional and then long about 4p, it all disintegrates into Sanford and Son.
The only thing different about this move was that it was Sanford and Son from the beginning.

The icing on the cake was when I made my sister stop at the thrift store on the way to the lake so I could buy two chairs for a lil’ reupholstery project.
Some things never change. She thought it needed to be documented.
IMAG0127

I’ll be back with pics and tips soon!
xoxoxo,
edie

p.s. thanks so much for all your sweet emails and messages. you make a girl feel so loved :)

1 Ruth Emond October 9, 2011 at 1:28 am

Wow!! It sounds like quite a monumental move. I hope you are enjoying your new home with your family. Looking forward to the reupholstery project. Hoping you are enjoying every minute in your new home and getting all settled in.

I had a bit of an accident myself while lifting something out of the back of my van. I sprained my knee. I am hoping and praying that I did not tear anything and won’t need surgery. We’ll see.

Hope your shiner is better soon.

Hugs,

2 Southern Gal October 9, 2011 at 1:33 am

A shiner on moving day?  Make sure you take a picture.  I can just see you all trying to get that mattress up those stairs…

3 Amy Jupin October 9, 2011 at 1:40 am

i giggled my way through this post.
and loved every word.
i can almost hear the happiness in your words.
it’s been a good long time, waiting for the happiness to return, but i have to say, it’s back and better than ever.
you have made it edie.  and i am so, so, sincerely happy for you!
God is good!

4 Lisa October 9, 2011 at 2:04 am

I can’t even believe you posted on Day 7!!!  And how hilarious are you with the stop for the chairs?  Oh man that made me laugh.  So happy for you that you are on this end!!

5 Leanne October 9, 2011 at 2:12 am

i don’t know about you, but i am ready to exhale…..been stuck like glue to you since i first heard about the fire.
i have grown to adore you and i wish you such joy in this new home. can’t wait to see how you turn a house into a true castle!

6 Julianna Farmer October 9, 2011 at 2:46 am

I’m diggin’ the mustard color wing back chair.  Did you buy it?

7 edie wadsworth October 9, 2011 at 2:56 am

YEEEESSSSSS!

8 Julianna Farmer October 9, 2011 at 2:46 am

I’m diggin’ the mustard color wing back chair.  Did you buy it?

9 Jamie Knoxville October 9, 2011 at 3:40 am

I like at blue couch, I hope you got at! Would you get me those baby toys and that hat in the winder!

10 Barbie October 9, 2011 at 3:59 am

Oh happy day!

11 Tara October 9, 2011 at 11:38 am

you are NOT kidding about starting out organized and such and ending up all SANFORD & SON!  We just did it last weekend…..love that you stopped by a thrift store to pick up two chairs on the way…and can’t wait to see what you do with them!  I’m sure the fabric will be 4 kinds of amazing. :)

12 Thriftydecorchick October 10, 2011 at 5:00 am

Edie, this post reminds me of the day my Sis and I moved a mattress up the stairs. We were laughing so hard I thought we would both pee our pants!! ;) I’m SO THRILLED for you and cant wait to see more of your beautiful home. I know this is bittersweet for you all!

13 Dezi199 October 11, 2011 at 2:31 am

Edie if you are redoing any type of furniture , you must check out Chalk Paint, by Annie Sloane here is the link
maybe I got this link from you ??? can’t remember!