Home for Easter

by Edie Wadsworth on April 26, 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! My semi-break from blogging has left me with a million posts in my head. Maybe I can transfer them from my head to the keyboard :)
It’s always such a treat for us to have our older kids home—at least some of them. I regret that I didn’t get pics of Marcus and Katilin all dressed up. They were so chic for church on Sunday but they changed before they got to our house and then I was out of photographer mode and into southern chef mode.   As usual, we missed Mal, Savannah and Nicholas:(   The kids came in shifts so I made turkey, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and carrot cake cupcakes on Friday.  THen on Sunday, it was ham, scalloped potatoes,  baked beans, deviled eggs and banana pudding.   Both days we had bread, creamed corn and green beans.   It was a busy weekend!

I just finished Karen’s photography class and Erin Cobb’s Clean Color tutorial for photoshop, I was happy to have willing subjects to photograph. Most of these photos are edited using portions of Erin’s method. I’m still such a beginner at photoshop but it’s a start.

the little girls

Caiti {my graduating senior} and the littles

emme

sisters (edited in picnik by caiti)

taylor and caiti

the girls in their ‘Crewcuts’
I wanted to thank you all for all your wonderful encouraging words and prayers these past few months. I know this hasn’t been a very cheerful, uplifting place to visit but I think I’m on the comeback and I so appreciate your support. I apologize for the notes, gifts, cards, etc that have gone unanswered. It means more to me than you know. I took all your kitchen/pantry advice to heart and I think we have a solution that will work. I’ll share more house stuff soon. Our foundation was poured yesterday—so let the framing begin!

There have been some wonderful podcasts on Issues Etc for Holy Week.   I really liked this one by Arthur Just on the institution of the Lord’s Supper and this one on God, the Great Gift Giver.   Check out their archives for amazing orthodox teaching.

Blessed Resurrection to you!

xo,

edie

1 Southern Gal April 26, 2011 at 10:41 am

It’s exciting to hear you have a million posts in your head, girl.

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos of equally gorgeous children/young adults. I don’t have photoshop so I was excited to see Caiti had edited that photo in Picnik. I recently paid for a year’s subscription after using the free stuff for years. Tell her she has inspired me!

I wish I was part of your family so I could eat at your house! I’m not even going to tell you what we had for Easter. It was pretty pathetic. I did manage a carrot cake, though.

Can’t wait to see what you did with all the house plans advice.

2 Dianne April 26, 2011 at 11:06 am

those pictures look lovely! you have beautiful “subjects” at your disposal! yay for learning more of an amazing art!

3 ulli April 26, 2011 at 11:11 am

Beautiful pics of your beautiful kiddos! So good to hear you’re feeling like coming back–that means you’re healing. Blessed Easter season to you and yours, the season of renewal. He is risen!

4 kendal April 26, 2011 at 11:18 am

i always love to see that you have posted….your girls are gorgeous. can’t wait for house pics!

5 Lisa April 26, 2011 at 11:40 am

The blogging community is just not the same without you. I’m so glad you feel like you’re making a comeback!
You have a beautiful family. Your girls are going to treasure those picture of them together when they grow up!

6 Ami M. Davis April 26, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Welcome back Ms Edie! Your photos are beautiful as are the subjects. I always love the muted colors and pastels of Easter. I have painters in the house today working on the master bedroom suite so I am thinking of you and you love of paint and color! They are using Ivy Lane (http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bmpsweb/portals/bmps_en_ca.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=sidebarportlet_1_2&sidebarportlet_1_2_actionOverride=%2Fbm%2Fcms%2FContentRenderer%2FselectSideBarArticle&sidebarportlet_1_2np=public_site%2Farticles%2Fapplication_article%2Fapp_colorExplorerTool&sidebarportlet_1_2isNonSecure=true&_pageLabel=fh_explorecolor_ca&cd=523&col=CC) and Dried Parsley (http://www.benjaminmoore.com/bmpsweb/portals/bmps_en_ca.portal?_nfpb=true&_windowLabel=sidebarportlet_1_2&sidebarportlet_1_2_actionOverride=%2Fbm%2Fcms%2FContentRenderer%2FselectSideBarArticle&sidebarportlet_1_2np=public_site%2Farticles%2Fapplication_article%2Fapp_colorExplorerTool&sidebarportlet_1_2isNonSecure=true&_pageLabel=fh_explorecolor_ca&cd=522&col=CC) both by Benjamin Moore.
So excited your new house is coming along. I will have to get the info on your builder to add to my list, assuming you love them. I still have hopes of moving back to TN to build our dream house in the mountains.
Your post is making me crave some good southern cooking! Creamed corn AND scalloped potatoes chased by carrot cake cupcakes? Have mercy!

7 alison April 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm

what lovely photos…i’m glad to hear that your easter was full of love and refreshment…it’s good keeping ‘tabs’ on you to see each step of this comeback journey…thanks for sharing.

alison
stuff and nonsense

8 Polly April 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Gorgeous pictures, your children are precious! Love and hugs,
Polly

9 Polly April 26, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Gorgeous pictures, your children are precious! Love and hugs,
Polly

10 Perfecting Pru April 26, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Our dry roast lamb and veggies pales in comparison to your Easter feast! I am so glad that you enjoyed time with your family and that you have a solution for the house – I can’t wait to see.

11 Robyn Quintana April 26, 2011 at 1:34 pm

So excited to read all you’ve got in store. Nice work with the camera. It takes such time to learn and I am always inspired with photography. Need to take a class myself. Welcome back!

12 the domestic fringe April 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Happy Easter! Your pictures are beautiful. You have a lovely family inside and out. Blessings to you.

13 Cath April 26, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Your photos are lovely, one of these days I will take the time and learn to polish my photos.

Edie, I think I can speak for many of your readers when I say we don’t come here expecting to be uplifted. We come as your friends hoping with the click of each opening post we find your spirits lifted higher than the time before. I see from this post God’s grace has lifted you a little higher again. Prayers continue to go up for you and your family as you heal and rebuild.

14 Homeowner Insurance April 26, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Your little girls are so gorgeous! What lovely photos!

15 Wendy April 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Beautiful family. Good luck on your journey.

16 Wendy April 26, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Beautiful family. Good luck on your journey.

17 Lisa Taylor April 26, 2011 at 2:40 pm

I”m always so glad to see a new post by you! I’ve had a hard, trying past year or so – and I have so identified with your journey! You’ve been in my thoughts quite a bit. Know that prayers have been reaching up for you from Utah!
Blessings,
Lisa

18 Kendra Heffelfinger April 26, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Oh thanks so much for posting these! I also use Erin’s Clean Color. I have been wanting to audit Karen’s class for a long time. Your photos have sent me over the edge!

19 kristen April 26, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Loved seeing your gorgeous children! Glad to hear you are healing, Friend!

20 teresa April 26, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Have missed your posts…Beautiful girls

21 Abby April 26, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I’m lovin’ the girly photos and your editing. Wow, I’m going to have to look into the class. Also I’m blessed to hear you are on the up of the healing process. You dear Edie have been uplifting in ways you cannot imagine. Bless you this week!

P.S. Enjoy the smell of fresh cut 2×4′s as the framing begins……..I just love that smell!

22 Flower Patch Farmgirl April 26, 2011 at 4:52 pm

You are and will remain the cat’s meow. And your kids are gorgeous.

23 Lanakwaustin April 26, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Oh, DEAR SWEET AND BEAUTIFUL EDIE–The whole blog world has missed you!!! But, we all know you’ve got a million, no, make that a GAZILLION, things on your plate!!!

Happy Easter to you! HE IS RISEN!@!!!!!!!!!

I actually thought of you on Easter–we went to a Catholic church (I know, Luther and protestantism is kind of the opposite of Catholicism, BUT…it was SO TRADITIONAL and SO MUCH ABOUT THE CROSS AND SIN AND FORGIVENESS instead of contemporary “titillation”) and I love the larger life lexicon of pure Mystery that is evoked by the images of the Cross, Communion and the traditional liturgy for Easter in such a place. We were in Monte di Procida (google image it–it’s soooo beautiful) with friends and the old church bells rung a note that resonated in my soul (I think I’ll write about that!!!) and the focus on the Cross reminded me so much of your beautiful Christian theology posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your children, by the way, look so absolutely GAWJUS!!!!

Well, I’ll let you go–we can’t wait to see updates on the house and your life in general!!!

Keep hanging in there–you are loved by many!!!!! We continue to lift you up in daily prayer!!!!

Love/hugs/blessings and turquoise joy,
Lana

24 paige April 26, 2011 at 5:54 pm

sounds like easter was a beautiful wonderful weekend event!
i can’t get over how darn cute the little two are!! beautiful images, all of them edie!!
xo

25 back40life April 26, 2011 at 7:25 pm

beautiful pics of beautiful kiddos! so glad to hear you feel you’re on the upswing…we all miss you!

xoxo

26 Simplylkj April 26, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Beautiful photos, beautiful subjects as well! So glad to hear things are coming together for you.

27 Ruth April 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Yay Edie! Welcome back….I missed you. Love the pix and the dresses….I’ve never shopped at Crewcuts (though I need a new clothing obsession for my 2 girls like I need a hole in the head!) :-) xoxo

28 {darlene} April 26, 2011 at 8:48 pm

could they be any more precious and beautiful??
{learning to play with my pics on Photoshop is on my life goals list. Someday! you done great!}
congrats on the foundation being poured. How wonderful. Resurrection indeed.

love,
- {darlene}
fieldstonehilldesign.com

29 allyugadawg April 26, 2011 at 9:10 pm

So delighted you had such a blessed Easter with your beautiful family! Those little ones are too cute :)
And thank you for posting the podcasts-can’t wait to listen to them tonight before bed. I think “God, the great giver” will be a perfect lesson for a situation i’m wrestling with.
Blessings to you!

30 Tarahlowry April 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm

could these children be any better looking?
i think not.
hope you are doing well….

31 Ruth Emond April 27, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Dear Edie,
I am thrilled to see a new post from you. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Easter with your sweet family. The pictures are gorgeous and your children are, too.

I think of you often. Looking forward to all the amazing posts floating around in your head. Learning Photoshop is on my summer to do list this year. We will see how that goes. My summer to do list is always much longer than it should be. I don’t think I could accomplish all of it in a year much less the few short summer months but a girl can dream. Lol

Hugs,

32 Kristen Burnup April 27, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I’m so glad that you feel like you are making a comeback! I must say that you were a huge reason I started my blog a few months ago. Thank you for sharing your story to us all.
Kristen

33 Marcelle Weill May 2, 2011 at 4:33 pm

OH MY!!!!! Your girls are absolutely stunning!