on a monday

on my desk…..

on my camera strap…….

on my sewing machine…..

off my sewing machine……

on my sidewalk…..

on my cakestand…..
in our art class (we did art first today because—-well, it’s monday) rainbow leaf painting  found via whatever……

from my deck…..

on my thighs…..

the end.

36 Comments

• Tara says:

I need to show a picture of all that has found its way to my thighs. :)

I’d have to start with NUTELLA on EVERYTHING.

• on my mind all day, will be the thigh and cake plate props, oh and the coffee, i blame him too

in my mind i’ll further covet and plot how to come live in your craft room, who am i kidding, i’m living in the kitchen even if she ain’t turquoise

from the heart, granted the mildly envious one, i wish you a wonderful end of your day and start of your week

may thighs be delivered and may grace abound
    and to all a good day

• paige says:

love it!!
    let us know if the book is great. i’m a sucker for a great cover

• Sherry says:

splendid way to start out the week…little words and awesome photos. love it.

• Sherry says:

love it. splendid way to begin the week…a few words and awesome photos.

• Karrie Ann says:

Hello Edie,
    Pleeeease tell me about, “Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity.” Do you recommend it? Has it helped you? Will it teach me to be an efficient Christian, wife, momma, teacher, cook, housekeeper, secretary, chore girl, secretary, and etcetera, and ETCETERA?!?!
    God Bless You,
    Karrie Ann

• Jeni says:

Aren’t you ultra charming?! One of these days you will have to share how you can make anything look loverly! Seriously, you have some mad photgraphy skilz!

• sounds like “a perfect Monday!”
    enjoy!
    Blessings!
    jill

• Rachel says:

like. :) It seems very cozy where you are.

• Southern Gal says:

On my thighs. Yes, I can relate.

• kristen says:

Edie, I really, really liked this post. What a sweet way to appreciate the little things. Can I copy your idea? :)

• Ruthanne says:

Snort.

On my thighs.

Oh my. <3

• 1. Please teach me to sew! Pleaaaaasssseee! I wonnnn’t stoppppp whinnning until you dooooooo!

2. Do I spy a Union Jack?

3. I need to check out rainbow leaf painting, asap.

4. Your life sure looks happy. :)

• Lisa says:

Sooo wishing I started my Monday morning with Art class. :-) Have a great week.

• patty says:

love this format! great idea!

• patty says:

love this format! great idea! (and great day, too!)

• Cate says:

You live with THAT view from your deck??????

• Looks like a fabulous Monday!

I’m intrigued now about the book your reading…..I’m always on the one for a good book. The on your desk camera book made me chuckle because I have book much like it on my desk as well. :o)

Kendra aka “Domestic Princess in Training”

• se7en says:

Oh what a fabulous post!!! I just love all of it!!! I hate to say it, but we always do art first… otherwise we would never get round to it!!! Somehow later in the day there are always more important things to do and this year I decided:”Well, what is more important?”

• kendal says:

I love this post very much. Thanks for the peek!

• Buffie says:

Love Bloodroot! ;)

• A picture is worth a thousand words…right? so this post is worth thousands of words…love the combo of pics & words…:+) Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

• Sarah says:

Lovely post!
    God’s blessings,
    Sarah :D

• *sigh* I wish I had that view. All of these photos are so lovely. I like the little peek into your Monday. :) I’m going to check out that book.

• How fantastic! I wish I could eat that pie right now it looks delicious.

• Rhonda says:

What a great post!

• Ami D says:

I was reading too quickly and initially thought the espresso machine was on your nightstand which may not be such a bad idea. In fact, rolling over in bed to freshly brewed caffeine could even be inspiring.

By the way, when did it become not just fall, but late fall? I think we had maybe 6 hours of fall here in VA and now there are leaves on the ground already. So not right.

• Ami D says:

I keep getting errors when I try to post. Am I banned? :)

• Rhonda says:

Love it!

• Now that’s a good Monday!
    -FringeGirl

• Taylor N. says:

I loved this post! And especially the picture of what’s on your sidewalk. Man oh man.

• Jennifer says:

Noticed the productivity book there. ;) I have one very slim, girlie productivity book on my desk called “Shopping for Time, How to Do it All and NOT be Overwhelmed,” by Carolyn Mahaney and daughters. It got a few bad reviews on amazon, but I thought it was great and God-centered. It’s not hardcore, I’M hardcore! Way too hyper-organized for my family’s good, way too driven by my to-do list, way too task-oriented. A little girlie reminder of how to balance this God-given 24 was perfect, and I’m thinking I need a refresher course, because the past 2 weeks I have aged myself by about 10 years, over nothing but my own expectations! Sheesh. I’ll never learn… the grass is always greener — I always see more productivity on the other side of my mountain. Too many projects, too little time… I’m such an unbalanced person in general. :) Maybe if I could listen to Luther and just BE a bold sinner and slapdashedly, joyfully try.

But no, not me… it’s always all or nothing, and sigh, I think that makes me Melanchthon in this story. lol… and I think that is why I like your blog. It’s a joyful mess, and I’d like more of that to rub off on me. I can’t quite seem to get it right, yet, though, so I guess I’ll just keep reading. :)

Lovely pics, Edie! Hope life is feeling as peaceful for you as your pictures feel to me today. :)

Happy Reformation week!

• Jennifer says:

Happy Reformation week!

• Hopeful says:

Cute, cute post. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. God is good – all the time :)

• giozi says:

I came via 33 shades green and I like your blog. I see too that you likes Ahsley Ann. I loooooooooooooove her blog is my favorite blog :)

Well last friday (no yesterday) was my chubbby’s birthday, we celebrate last sunday, and I was looking for this candles like yours but I never found it :(

Well Is nice to meet you :)

Regards from a peruvian.

• giozi says:

Well Is nice to meet you :)

Regards from a peruvian.