So, here’s where we stand:
1. The countertops came in on Thursday and they are seven kinds of wonderful. Crisp, clean white quartz (the color ‘snow white’ from Zodiac). I wanted to snuggle up on them and have a sleepover. I missed them during the night. They’re amazing.
2. Before the dust could clear from the installer’s truck leaving, I had snipped fresh hydrangeas from my yard and placed them gingerly on the lovely snow white.
3. My Rohl country bridge faucet is a work of art. Elegant lines, strong sleek construction and simple functionality.
4. My white subway tile backsplash is being installed today and Monday. My open shelves that will span the windows won’t be ready for a week or so and my Dacor hood will be delivered this Friday. OH, and the lighting, which is the absolute most important accessory, is being installed next week. We are so close.
5. I would love to show you more pics but it’s like trying on a prom dress and then remembering that you have tennis shoes on and haven’t washed your hair in three days. The dress is beautiful but the whole package is a little wonky. So, bear with us while we (the kitchen and I) wait for the crucial pieces to fall into place.
Post Edit: Y’all are so funny! So I’m posting one more pic—which shows that my sink is not totally done–out of gratitude for how you make me laugh.
Enjoy this comment from Elizabeth Highsmith, who often makes my day with her kind and generous and witty remarks:
i love you because you used the word wonky
however, lovely that snow white and her pink hydrangeas are, i can’t i just can’t
do it, i cannot fall in love with your new kitchen
for better or worse so help me Jesus I will not cheat on your turquoise kitchen.
p.s can’t wait for the big reveal!
Ok, now that’s IT! No more looking at me in tennis shoes and a prom dress.