Insanity Deconstructed

by Edie Wadsworth on June 5, 2010

You know you’re insane when:
You insist on making strawberry freezer jam in the middle of a kitchen remodel.
strawberryjam
—especially when your kitchen looks like this….
snowglobe
—and you’re bathroom sink is trying to pretend to be a kitchen sink……
bathroomkitchen
—-and your kitchen sink, which is the most beautiful dreamy sink you’ve ever seen, is nowhere near ready to wash up strawberry jam making accoutrements
ikeasink
—and your stellar stove, which completes you and which has already cooked 4 or five times in two days and which is required for strawberry jam making, is not technically even hooked up yet.
bestillmybeatingheart

But strawberries wait for noone.
And I may need to make a few more of these.
Or who knows, I may need a babysitter who can only be bribed with jam.
And insanity is not the worst thing in the world.

Amen.

1 Lauren June 5, 2010 at 3:36 am

Wow. I love that stove. How wonderful. And your kitchen sink is going to be awesome!!! That strawberry jam would be great on biscuits in the morning….yummm!

2 LaVonne June 5, 2010 at 6:00 am

So I am just bought Pectin and Organic Sugar for the first time this week and am planning to make freezer jam with Strawberries. You use glass jars in the freezer and that works? I am excited to make it for the first time :)

Blessings!
LaVonne

3 Lisa June 5, 2010 at 11:51 am

First of all please teach me to make that strawberry jam. I’m dying just looking at it! Secondly can’t wait to see your kitchen remodel, especially after the way your turquoise kitchen turned out! Hoping you find some sanity!

4 Sheri June 5, 2010 at 12:04 pm

You are truly awesome Edie! Have a good day and enjoy that jam. BTW: Love the pics of the girls from the recital!

5 Catherine June 5, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Strawberry Freezer Jam!! YUM! Red GOLD in our home! We love it so much that we decided to try all kinds of fruit. We picked peaches last summer and that is our new favorite for biscuits. Your kitchen is going to awesome!

6 Kelly June 5, 2010 at 5:07 pm

I can’t wait to see it completed!

7 Michelle June 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm

You are superwoman!

We’re going strawberry picking tomorrow and I can not wait for the jam making tomorrow afternoon.

8 the domestic fringe June 5, 2010 at 5:35 pm

I can’t wait to see your kitchen. From the looks of the stove and sink, it’s going to be absolutely dreamy. The jam looks good too. ;-)

-FringeGirl

9 Ali June 5, 2010 at 6:54 pm

Edie,

I made your cake! My 13 yo and I decided to try making freezer jam and then I saw your recipe for the cake. (we posted pics on facebook too). Had a going away party for someone at work and I whipped up this cake this past Thursday for it. Needless to say, I brought home an empty plate. Everyone LOVED it! We had quite a bit of frosting left over, so made cupcakes the next day. Also a hit!

10 Julianna June 6, 2010 at 12:56 am

I have a confession. I covet your stove. Beautiful and functional…. ya just can’t beat that combo.

11 kristen June 6, 2010 at 2:34 am

Your kitchen is going to look AMAZING!!

12 patty June 6, 2010 at 4:17 am

you are too funny, and i’m missing that sweet sense of humor! finish the kitchen so we can play!! :)

13 jodi @ back40life June 7, 2010 at 12:50 am

you are a hot mess! can’t wait to see the kitchen come together!

14 Shelley June 7, 2010 at 3:21 pm

I had to make HSFJ in order to make the cake. Yum and Yum. I made the cake for a wedding shower, and it was a hit. Thanks for the recipe–I may have a new favorite cake.

15 Kristi June 7, 2010 at 5:31 pm

Wait a min, SURELY your going to share the recipe for the strawberry freezer jam??? Or am I blonde and didn’t see it? LOL :) LOVE LOVE LOVE that range and can’t WAIT to see your kitchen!! Tell me, was the floor under your previous cabinets? I want to do this in the new house, just seems “right”, lol. :)
Kristi

16 Tara June 7, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I can’t wait to see your finished kitchen…

17 cafeAngelica June 8, 2010 at 1:18 pm

If you really love me, you’ll send me some of that homemade strawberry jam… IT’S MY FAVORITE! I’ll pay big for it. Really.

18 Simple Beauty June 8, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I LOVE THIS!!
I live with my parents who are in the middle of a complete house remodel (124 year old stone house) And we share in such random inspirations. You can’t stop living just because the house has to be fixed up! Bring on the jam!

19 jessica leigh June 8, 2010 at 11:58 pm

your stove. aaahhhhhh…….beautiful!

20 Carolee LeBlanc June 10, 2010 at 1:27 am

OK…the lamp on the side of the sink near about gave me an “attack”!!! Plese tell us it is not plugged in!!! :)

Carolee

21 Mary Beth June 12, 2010 at 3:14 am

I just found your blog today and after reading this page I immediately thought of my dear Lutheran friend Jennie. She is also in the middle of a kitchen remodel and shared with me her grace filled times of “insainity”. You both have made me smile this week. Bless you.

22 Mary Jean Taylor June 14, 2010 at 3:18 am

Be Still my beating heart…..I’m stove envious of you!!! I can’t wait to see the end result!