1. Going on field trips with 2 of the most well-behaved and fun-loving girls I know. (The Kingsport Ballet performs the Nutcracker—great performance)
2. The spontaneous holding of hands that still occurs, even at ages 7 and 9.
3. Teaching the girls how to absolutely enjoy an afternoon in an antique store. (it helps when they serve Oreos)
4. Hearing them say, “Mom, you’re gonna love these aprons!”
5. Listening as the oldest tells the youngest, “Daddy would love these birds.”
6. Deciding together that you most certainly must have the vintage ’12 Days of Christmas’ cookie cutters……
……..and the vintage bread box and canister set—and then commence to have a heated discussion about whether the canister set will house varieties of chalk and markers or varieties of flour and cereals.
7. Making the decision that photographs will do just fine when we find things we love but can’t buy.
8. Going to the local Christmas parade
and counting our blessings