A Sparkly Christmas Tour

by Edie Wadsworth on December 13, 2009

Welcome to my warm and cozy and very sparkly Christmas tour. This year I have simplified my festive decor and hope you’ll enjoy the lights, fresh greens and the smell of wassail on the stove! Come on in y’all.

read more about my door project here
DSC_0171

the mantle with old bottles, fresh lemon trees and pearl garland
DSC_0244

DSC_0251

’12 days of Christmas’ tree
DSC_0239

DSC_0254

breakfast room, 12 days of Christmas tree, schoolroom
christmas collage

simply wrapped packages tied up with twine and yarn
DSC_0206

open shelving in the turqoise kitchen with a little scrapbook paper and some festive red
DSC_0609

the guest bathroom embellished with blue ball, fresh pine and prickly holly
DSC_0215

my sultry dark bedroom walls with white, silver and gold accents (and a gold ceiling)
DSC_0216
DSC_0159

read about the little girls’ room redo here–it’s my favorite festive spot
DSC_0004

and their darling little tree
DSC_0216

and our Christmas Eve photo from last year—which will be our Christmas card photo this year (it’s less hassle, I had fewer wrinkles, my 60 pound golden retriever was still a puppy, and my teens still lived at home—so despite the fact that there’s a giant red bow hovering over my head—i love the nostalgia of it all)
IMG_0185

You won’t believe how many people are joining The Nester’s Christmas Tour this year—–a ba-jillion. Make yourself a cup a joe and go visit.

1 Meaghan December 14, 2009 at 4:52 pm

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the 12 days of xmas tree! i may have to steal that one! and i love all of the bright colors too ;-) you're so cute!

2 Lana K. W. Austin December 14, 2009 at 5:24 pm

Love all the fantastic COLOR! Your house tour makes me HAPPY, I'd even say GIDDY from the vivid & & festive nature of it all!
That's funny about the same Christmas photo.
Blessings, L

3 megbeth1986 December 14, 2009 at 5:50 pm

Your home is so warm and inviting all year round, but especially now!! I have been following you for a few months and loving everything! Inspired me to start one of my own, not lets just see if I can actually keep up with it! Happy Holidays!!

4 Baby Mama December 14, 2009 at 6:22 pm

i love your blog!!! and all your decorations! your house is lovely!!!

5 Jaimie December 14, 2009 at 6:26 pm

I can't even STAND how beautiful your home is. The colors are gorgeous.

6 Crafty Niche December 14, 2009 at 6:46 pm

Wow, gorgeous!

7 Amanda @ Serenity Now December 14, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Hi, Edie! I'm stopping by from Nester's today. :) I LOOOOOOVE all of your trees. The 12 Days of Christmas one is too cool. Your family photo is great, and I love the idea of using last years, except my girls are young enough that they've grown a LOT this year and people would catch on. ;) Beautiful, beautiful photos!! :) Here's my link from the party:

8 Homemaker, MD December 14, 2009 at 6:56 pm

Edie, I think my favorite is your open cupboards. Love the scrapbook paper and pretty red accents!

9 Sallie December 14, 2009 at 7:04 pm

I love your little green glittery bird and the scrapbook paper on the open shelves with the bits of red thrown in. That's just my style!!

Have a blessed holyday season!!

Sallie

10 Alicia December 14, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Everything is just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!

11 {lauren} December 14, 2009 at 7:56 pm

Beautiful!! I love how colorful & warm everything is…the brightness makes it all look so fun:) The 12 days of Christmas tree is a super cute idea too!

12 Carmen December 14, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I love the 12 days of Christmas tree!!!! Fabulous! And that tree in the girls' room…SO CUTE! Everything else is really pretty as well.

P.S. You just inspired me to paint my mirror on my mantle a cream color. I bought it at a garage sale this summer and it's gold. I couldn't decide what color until now. Thanks!

13 Bethany at 3SonsPlus1 Crew December 14, 2009 at 8:01 pm

WOW! What a beautiful home you have! Wow! :)

14 A Wedding Story December 14, 2009 at 8:09 pm

Your home is just fabulous and your front door is a dream!

15 Ruth December 14, 2009 at 8:39 pm

I love it all. It is so bright and merry!!! We are actually doing a study on the true meaning of the Twelve Days of Christmas. Love your trees and bright and happy home.
The Christmas card picture is great!!

16 Ruby Red Slippers December 14, 2009 at 8:50 pm

Your house is full of whimsy, and color-I LOVE it, Eddie!

17 Angie December 14, 2009 at 9:27 pm

I LOVE the mix of colors you use in your everyday decorating!! You've inspired me to make bolder choices and to not be afraid to throw a new color in the mix!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Your kitchen, photo wall, bathroom and the newly redone girls room!!!!!!!

18 Nocona December 14, 2009 at 10:44 pm

I love that you decorate your entire house for Christmas. That is my goal when the two year old is out of the toddler stage of getting into everything. It's beautiful!

19 patty December 14, 2009 at 10:48 pm

aww, girlie… i just wanna come and be there!! love the colors! :) sigh….

20 Brittaney December 14, 2009 at 10:52 pm

Your house looks great. I love all of the vivid colors you used in your decorations! I just have to ask- where did you get that adorable ribbon that you topped your tree with?

21 Brittany December 14, 2009 at 11:08 pm

Love that 12 days of christmas tree! I think it's something to think about adding to my assembly for next year!

22 TheOldPostRoad December 14, 2009 at 11:50 pm

Love the mantle! And I will be using twine and yarn on packages this year – thank you for the idea!!
-Trish

23 Sheri December 15, 2009 at 12:11 am

LOVE the girls whimsical tree!!! How sweet!

24 BeautifulWreck December 15, 2009 at 12:22 am

Fantastic!!! I loved it all!

25 Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good December 15, 2009 at 12:27 am

Like everybody else I love the 12 days of Christmas tree but I really love the whimsical colors and the idea of the Christmas card is great!

26 Rachelle December 15, 2009 at 1:23 am

It looks GORGEOUS. It's so colorful and fun. :)

27 Tricia December 15, 2009 at 2:22 am

Beautiful, and colorful, and perfectly wonderful!

Merry Christmas, Edie.

XO*Tricia

28 Mandi Shandi December 15, 2009 at 2:24 am

Holy Cow! You outdid yourself again this year Edie. I can't even begin to pick a favorite part. Everything is truly fantastic!!

29 FOR THE SAKE OF TIME December 15, 2009 at 2:28 am

I agree, the number of us that have posted to this party is amazing. I really like your 12 Days of Christmas Tree. The red and white stripe ribbbon on another one is just great. Finally, that family photo is priceless. What a beautiful family you have.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

30 Cara December 15, 2009 at 3:08 am

Ok, there is just SO MUCH to love about your decorations that I don't know where to start! The wreath is amazing! And I absolutely love the 12 Days of Christmas tree as well as the tree in the little girls room. Love all the color! So bright and cheery!

31 Jennifer December 15, 2009 at 3:14 am

Your home is SO beautiful! Full of Christmas spirit! :) I am smelling the wassail. That is a great photo for Christmas cards!

You are right… there is a bajillion homes on the tour!! ;)

32 Kat @ measuring my life in l-o-v-e December 15, 2009 at 3:52 am

Love your decor – it's beautiful with great bright colors!

33 Micah December 15, 2009 at 3:58 am

Your color choices are so much fun! I like the bright/muted tones you have mixed. I did the tour also but I have much more fun looking at everyone else's decor:)

34 Talysa December 15, 2009 at 5:21 am

I LOVED it all…but if I had to pick my favorite part it would be those bottles on the mantle…and the pearl garland. You are too darn clever!

Also, I've looked at that pic of your family boogoos of times…and never once noticed that bow over your head…now I can't see anything but!

Beautiful Edie!

35 Kristi December 15, 2009 at 5:25 am

Everything looks great! We simplified this year as well and it feels good! :)
Kristi

36 { L } December 15, 2009 at 5:58 am

You have an incredible sense of style I absolutely LOVE your mantel! I've never seen anything like that! Gorgeous home.

37 Theresa @ 612Riverside December 15, 2009 at 11:58 am

Your home looks beautiful! I loved every picture, the bottles of the mantle are so cool and the 12 days of Christmas tree is gorgeous! ~ Theresa

38 The Scooper December 15, 2009 at 1:19 pm

I love how festive and colorful and inviting it all looks! Makes me want to come over and sip wassail. Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas!

39 Jessica December 15, 2009 at 3:00 pm

You've always got the awesome colors going but I also love your mantle this year…the bottles and pearls!

40 Playing Sublimely December 15, 2009 at 3:06 pm

Hey Edie,
Just love it all, especially the bottles with glass topper things on the mantle…always love visiting you :)
Blessings,
Amy

41 Michael, Trisha, Grace, and Anna December 15, 2009 at 4:22 pm

♥ your decorations! Your home looks fabulous, very festive!
May you be blessed beyond measure this Holiday Season!
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings~ Trisha

42 Wyn December 15, 2009 at 4:30 pm

As usual, absolutely gorgeous! I found your blog at Christmas last year (I couldn't get that mantle our of my mind) but think I like your decor even more this year! Sometimes less is more. Merry Christmas

43 Meet the Brummett's December 15, 2009 at 4:35 pm

I always love seeing pics of your house because it is so beautifully decorated and you definitely didn't disappoint with your Christmas decorating! I love all of it, especially all of the color. Your mantle is great and the 12 days of Christmas tree is wonderful…oh and so is your girls' room, just precious! Happy holidays to you and your family!

44 gina December 15, 2009 at 7:47 pm

VERY sparkle-y and festive!! I love your trees- makes me want more than one!!

45 Tess December 15, 2009 at 11:11 pm

Edie – your house looks like a fantastical winter getaway. Every picture just brings happiness and joy. Have a wonderful holiday!

46 Rita December 16, 2009 at 1:35 am

Thanks for the tour. Everything is so festive, colorful, and beautiful.

47 hthr December 16, 2009 at 2:23 am

Love love love the Christmas decorations! (and your blog too! been reading for a while now and enjoy it everytime!) Merry Christmas!!

48 ellen December 16, 2009 at 10:56 am

Hi, Edie! I've never commented before but I've pretty much been reading since the garland tour that the Nester did last year. I love your simplified decor this year! I really love your use of aqua and I totally copied you on that this year. Just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading over the past year; I've been encouraged and inspired!

49 Cherie December 16, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Thanks for sharing your beautiful home with us. I love seeing how others decorate.

50 Heather December 16, 2009 at 9:24 pm

The colors in your 12 days tree are <3. And I think I want to have hanging lights from my bedroom wall now too! <3 it all. Your decorating skill is lovely!

51 Sherri Jorgensen December 18, 2009 at 2:22 am

You have a beautiful home and a beautiful family!

52 Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality December 18, 2009 at 2:45 am

Just beautiful, Edie! Merry Christmas to you.

53 Life is good! December 19, 2009 at 12:10 am

beautiful decor! you have a darling home. merry christmas!

54 Kristen @ Miss Prissy Paige December 19, 2009 at 8:20 pm

I am in love with all your Christmas decorations! Thank you for taking us on the tour!

55 Totallyscrappy December 23, 2009 at 2:18 am

I love it!!
Come on over when you get a chance!