happy birthday emme!

by Edie Wadsworth on September 8, 2009

she wore this home from the hospital
and this on her first birthday
today, she turns 9….
and though she stole our hearts from the very first day,
she’s blooming into the most beautiful little girl!
who just happens to love building lego castles with her daddy…
and learning to sew with her mommy…..
she is some kind of wonderful!
happy birthday emme, we love you all the way to the moon and back!
p.s. in case you missed it on the first perusal, there’s a sneak peak of studio 8 and an action shot of my favorite bicep. go ahead, look again.

1 BlueCastle September 8, 2009 at 12:58 am

Happy Birthday to your little girl! My oldest boy just turned 9 last month. It's such a great age.

Love your Studio 8! Those floors are gorgeous. And that bicep – reminds me of my favorite bicep. ;)

2 patty September 8, 2009 at 1:07 am

aww, happy birthday to emme, and i love the way your girl cave/studio 8 to infinity and beyond is turning out!! i can't believe how quick you are. we are purging this house… it s.t.r.e.s.s.e.s. me out!!
miss you! have a good week,
p

3 Melissa Stover September 8, 2009 at 1:22 am

what a cutie!

4 Angie September 8, 2009 at 1:41 am

Great photos!! I LOVE the angle of the one of Emme with the cupcake!! Still very eager to see studio 8!!! Is that the name you settled on??

5 Justin and Jenn September 8, 2009 at 2:45 am

Sweet post! I have that same iron hanger & love it! Quick question- how did you cover your craft table with the polka dots? My craft table needs a major facelift and it won' stain or strip because it isn't real wood!

6 Anne September 8, 2009 at 2:48 am

Whose birthday? What craft room?

All I saw was a bicep. :)

Happy Birthday, Emme!

7 Christie September 8, 2009 at 3:33 am

What a cutie! Happy Birthday, Emme!

8 Carmen September 8, 2009 at 4:21 am

What a sweetheart! Happy Birthday Emme!

9 Kathy September 8, 2009 at 7:36 am

Happy Birthday Emme!! My little girl turned 9 on 9/06. Wow huh? We could have had a special birthday tea together:)

10 Michele September 8, 2009 at 9:51 am

Happy Birthday Emme! My Ashley turns 9 this week also . . . this Thursday. It looks like the year 2000 was a very good year!

11 Gina Williams September 8, 2009 at 10:45 am

Happy Birthday Emme! Can't wait to see you on Friday and celebrate your special day! Have a great week! Can't wait to see Studio 8 in person…My girls will love spending time in there with you all!!

12 Kristi September 8, 2009 at 11:57 am

Happy Birthday, Emme! Great castle! Looks like you're enjoying your new space with Mom. Great pictures and a great room. Happy Birthday Week!

13 Ami September 8, 2009 at 12:45 pm

Happy bday to Emme!

And, am I mistaken, or was there chalk writing on the wall of Studio 8? Did you actually wait the 3 days for the paint to set? I know there's no way I would have made it to day 3.

14 Jessica September 8, 2009 at 6:01 pm

Of course I didn't miss the bicep…and Studio 8 is coming along nicely!! Wish you could teach me to sew, your girls are SO SO lucky to have you for a mom. Happy Birthday Emme!!

15 TheOldPostRoad September 8, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Cute black and white polka dot on the desk surface. Is that contact paper, paint, or what?

They grow up way-way-way too fast.

16 Denise September 8, 2009 at 11:47 pm

I didn't miss the bicep, but thought it was strange that it was with the comment about playing legos with her daddy. I'm glad you clarified it at the end because I would have been trying to reconcile that bicep with Steve in my mind all night. I know, pitiful.

17 The Hill Hang-Out September 9, 2009 at 5:34 pm

She is just beautiful! LOVE the freckles! Happy birthday, Emme!

18 Christie September 11, 2009 at 3:52 am

This post is beautiful….loved the pictures…and the colors…the sewing together…so sweet.

I can't wait to get my little Keira home from China – I'm itchin' and scratchin' to do some girly stuff…I've got my little guy, and he's all BOY! Tee hee!

19 Hopefull September 11, 2009 at 5:26 am

love the cupcake picture – is it bad that I did not need you to point out the bicep before I noticed? hee hee
gonna love that girly studio

20 Carol September 14, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Happy birthday to your beauty. I have a 9 year old daughter, too.

Love the sneak peek of Studio 8.