…….I’m trying to get back into my fitness routine. Summer stress and difficult goodbyes has put a bit of a damper on my running and bit of muffin top on my yoga pants. Nothing motivates me more than a fresh playlist on my iPod. Here’s what currently playing:
1. Long Way Home :: Nora Jones (if that seems like a slow running song, it is)
2. Blue Eyes :: Cary Brothers (if that seems like slow running song…..you get the idea)
3. Creepin’ In :: Nora Jones (yeah, it’s not that fast either)
4. Her Name Was December and Lives Entwined :: both on the new EP from Matthew Mayfield—he is definitely my favorite new artist of 2009
5. Fair ::Remy Zero (you know how sometimes the music—even more than the exact words—speak something to your soul—-that you can’t even fully explain—-like the song ‘gets you’ ?)
6. All of the fantastic programming from Issues Etc!
Now, you tell me, what’s playing on you iPod these days?
7. Brandi Carlile’s new CD is out, what I’ve listened to so far is fabulous!
And, lest I should forget to thank you for all your kind remarks and responses to the giveaway,
And thanks to Ms.Lisa for sponsoring a giveaway for us!
The winner of Lisa’s ‘my heart’ necklace, chosen by the random number generator, is
from Lady Dunbar Living Life Intentionally. Visit her blog here and see her adorable boys!
I am currently training for a marathon (coming up Nov. 14). . . so I have LOTS on my ipod. . . my favorite is Hillsong's newest album and Chris Tomlin's newest . . . I also have sermons from John MacArthur . . . lots of pounding the pavement sometimes you get tired of just music. Glad to see you're hopping back on the running wagon.
Nice music choices. I may try some of those myself. I currently have lots of Cold Play, Van Morrison, and Kings of Leon.
A couple of weeks ago a parcel arrived in the mail from my very own handsome husband (who is currently away working) who suprised me with my very first iPod Nano…now running a self contained B&B, homeschooling 2 children, cooking, training a puppy, and just keeping up with my own load of housework, my gorgeous hot pink iPod is just empty…but that's okay! What will be on my iPod, is CeCe Winans, Newsboys, Chris Tomlin, Hillsong, Group 1 Crew…just to name a few!
That lucky duck!
Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training says
I badly need to update my MP3 (I think I’m the only one left that does not own an I POD).
I just read your post and thought you may be interested in a challenge I have going on over at my blog. I just post a blog about it second ago.
Wish I hadn't missed your great giveaway. I need new music for my player. I do love praise and worship songs and that's mostly what is on there. I love anything by Hillsong.
Matt Nathason "Come On", The Weepies "The World Spins Madly On", Fernando Ortega "This Good Day"
Ruby Red Slippers says
I just got the new Colbie Calliat-and I love it!
Mrs. Dunbar says
I don't even own an Ipod, how old school am I? I know, I know, I really must get with the program.
But I will look very stylish in my new necklace!!! Thanks so much to you and Lisa. Love and hugs to you.
Mandi Shandi says
I love the new music on your ipod. I have a harder time staying on my eating plan in the winter because bathing suits are not taunting me, but maybe a new music list will keep me motivated. Thanks!
Nancy Jacobs Basketmaster says
I'm a podcast listener. i enjoy listening to inspirational podcasts like Joyce Meyer to crafting podcasts like Craft Sanity or Crafty Pod. I also really enjoy Homemakers By Choice. My kids laugh at me because I don't have any music downloaded on my ipod.
Love Being a Nonny says
What did we do before Ipods? Love 'em!!!
Ok, so there's the music for listening that's on my iPod and Blackberry, then there's the workout stuff. It's not meant to be deep, but it has a fast pace and keeps my heart rate high.
Also, if you are looking for a way to kick off your running, consider [url="http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_humanrace-en_US/?tags=race_day"%5DNike's Human Race[/url]. I am running for the second year on my elliptical, but it's a good event to keep me training.
Now for the current playlist:
1. Boom Boom Pow- Black Eye'd Peas
2. Jump- Flo Rida and Nelly Furtado
3. Single Ladies – Beyonce
(We switch the lyrics in our house to "all the kitty babies"- yeah, I know, I'm the crazy cat lady.)
4. Damaged- Danity Kane
5. I Do Not Hook Up – Kelly Clarkson
6. No Air- Jordin Sparks
7. Viva la Vida- Coldplay
8. Stronger- Kanye West
9. My Life Would Suck Without You- Kelly Clarkson
10. If You Seek Amy – Britney Spears (this one is not safe for children's ears but I think it's a witty twist on words. Don't play it for the kids and if you don't get "the joke" from the title and don't want to ask your kids, I am happy to fill you in)
11. I'm Not Ready to Make Nice- Dixie Chicks
12. Extraordinary- Liz Phair
13. All These Things that I've Done- The Killers
14. 99 Problems- Jay Z and Linkin Park (Also not for the kiddos)
15. Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
58 min of music guaranteed to make you move.
Oy- too much html in my last post.
Here's the direct link to the Nike Human Race site:
First of all…muffin tops…could these not be "all the rage" for just one winter seriously?!?!?!
I have been forbade to run by my docs due to cartliage issues in my knee but I do however LOVE to walk (and occasionally trot into a "not so much" graceful version of running because I do LOVE running)and a must have for all iPods is "Beautiful Day" by U2…love it!
My 13 year old has me hooked on a song called "Top of the World" by Juliana Theory…snazzy little beat to step to.
Loaded to the gill with Hillsong United tunes…can't even pick a fav. so I don't bother tryin.
I'm sure the neighbors think I've lost it because these songs make me throw my hands in the air in adoration of my Savior…or jump in puddles with my Saucony's! 🙂
Eleanor Oser says
HI! Love reading your blog but I have never posted! I went to high school with Matthew Mayfield and now go to church with his older brother! I thought it was so cool to see his name on your song list!! One of my favorite artists right now is Mat Kearney! "Closer to Love" is my favorite!!