February Meal Plan

by Edie Wadsworth on February 1, 2014

februarymealplan

Every month, I spend some time curating meals that are seasonal and delicious.  Variety is my middle name!  (Find October, November, December, and January!)

I hope it helps you in your quest to feed the troops!   I don’t always cook them all and almost NEVER in this exact order, but it gives me a place to start.  Cooking for your family is one of the loving things you can do for them.  Some seasons are harder than others, so don’t beat yourself up.  Make one more homemade meal than you did last month.  Try to enjoy the process.  Wear a cute apron, drink a glass a wine, turn on some good music.  Cooking tasty food is such a great way to love your neighbor!

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3

Week 4

Week 4

If you’re new around here?  Thank you for visiting my blog!  I’m honored you’re here and I hope you’ll find some encouragement (and some laughter!) for your days.  Visit my about page, which highlights some of my popular posts or will at least show you a peak into my crazy people.  You can subscribe to this blog by email here.  I am currently addicted to Pinterest, so follow at your own risk I also post updates to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

1 Beth February 1, 2014 at 11:10 am

Oh my goodness! 😊 Thank you so much for all of the recipes posted onto this February meal plan! Just heading out to the grocery store and I see some of these dishes in my future. 😉. I always love to try new Super Bowl recipes. They go great with watching those Commercials! 😜

2 Rita February 1, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Thanks for putting this plan together. FYI! The North African Meatball Link takes me to this salad…http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/kale-and-apple-salad-recipe.html?ic1=obinsite. The salad looks great, but I was hoping for the meatball recipe.

Go Peyton!

3 Gina February 1, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I always love to read your menus. :) Someone gave my husband some Florida tomatoes this week so I plan to make hamburgers too. Milkshakes! Yum!! :D

4 Edith February 1, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Hi Edie ! Thank you so much for your February meal plans. I’m a little bit disappointed cos’ I send you an email but still didn’t have an answer. Did you receive it ? Thanks a lot & God bless you, From France

5 Lisa February 1, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Thank you for the meal plan. It gives me plenty of ideas for my family. I wish that I was as organized as you and could plan all of are meals ahead of time. I am lucky if I have a plan for the week.

6 Lori H February 1, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Thanks! This is so helpful!

7 Deborah February 1, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Looks like you will all be eating well Edie! these recipes look great. thank you for putting this all together.

8 Andrea February 1, 2014 at 7:55 pm

We love the slow-cooker jerk pork recipe around here!! Thanks for the other suggestions – it gets me out of my winter cooking rut:)

9 Jacinta February 2, 2014 at 12:59 am

Thank you for the great variety. I love looking through your choices:) Would you mind checking the link for the Lentil Vegetable Soup? It links to the Super Sloppy Joes and I am excited to try cooking with lentils. Gotta start somewhere, right?

10 Traci @ Coastalpines February 3, 2014 at 11:52 am

Coffee Bacon really?! My 2 favorites combined…I can’t even…

Thanks for sharing and have a lovely week!

11 Meg February 6, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I went in search of the Walkerswood Seasoning today and look forward to making the slow cooked pork. Do you really like it well enough to have it two weeks in a row? :)

Thanks for sharing!

12 Kara February 24, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Thank you for sharing your monthly plans and recipes. I’m always motivated to try ‘em and my husband is appreciative. :) As for the Chicken Adobo (I’m Filipino) you can mix chicken AND pork (the part that has a layer of meat and fat works best) to make it tastier. You don’t need to take the bay leaves out post cooking (just don’t eat it). You can choose to add a couple of hard boiled eggs cooked in the adobo. And Filipino vinegar (brand name like Datu Puti comes to mind) found at Asian grocery stores work best (if not, stick to the apple cider vinegar) although it’ll be a different amount needed – more of the Fil. vinegar I think. And eat it with white rice, not basmati rice, but the best would be fluffy white rice :) Then later on you can even make Pork Adobo flakes where you shred the pork adobo, fry it in a little oil on a pan until it is crisp and eat that with steamed white rice and over easy/sunny side up eggs! Doesn’t work well with chicken adobo though.