December Menu Plan

by Edie Wadsworth on December 4, 2013

Okay, these menu plans take forever to compile.  Sorry it’s late and let me know if it helps you!  There’s some good stuff on here this month, so click through and see what  your family might enjoy!

December Menu Plan via lifeingrace

Week 1

• Monday, December 2—Pumpkin Chipotle Soup
  • Tuesday, December 3—Italian Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
  • Wednesday, December 4—Hungarian Potato Goulash
  • Thursday, December 5—Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
  • Friday, December 6—Homemade Pizza (Try our new flavor with pesto, spicy eye-talian sausage, feta, spinach and sun dried tomatoes—SO GOOD!)
  • Saturday, December 7—Broiled Salmon, Salad with Lemon-Mint Vinaigrette, and Lemon Roasted Potatoes, Chocolate Meringue Cake with Raspberries (we’re having Darlene’s family for the night and I can hardly wait to get my hands on that baby and those cutie boys!!)
  • Sunday, December  8—Dutch Babies (these are DIVINE!), Quiche Lorraine, Homemade Petro’s for dinner using this chili

Week 2

• Monday, December 9—Baked Potato Bar (Wrap large potatoes in aluminum foil, adding salt, pepper, and a pat of butter before you wrap them up.  Bake at 400 for 1 hour, 45 minutes.  Serve with leftover chili, chives (don’t forego the chives!!), cheddar cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, and butter.  I usually make a salad and bread to serve alongside.
  • Tuesday, December 10—Lemon and Garlic Roasted Chicken with Root Vegetables (will use leftover chicken for Thursday)
  • Wednesday, December 11—Italian Sloppy Joes served on italian bread
  • Thursday, December 12—Chicken Pot Pie Soup, with leftover chicken from Monday
  • Friday, December 13—Butternut Squash and Black Bean Enchiladas
  • Saturday, December 14—Onion Bisque Soup with Cheese Toast Floaters (I promised this recipe last month, and I’m hoping to actually get it posted!)
  • Sunday, December 15—Coconut Chicken Salad

Week 3

Week 4 (Thanksgiving Week!)

• Monday, December 23—Turkey breast in crock pot for Turkey Noodle Soup and for the salad on Saturday
  • Tuesday, December 24—Christmas Brunch, menu coming soon, Shrimp Stew for supper
  • Wednesday, December 25—Christmas Pasta
  • Thursday, December 26—Baked ham and Rhodes rolls to add to the leftovers, Warm Potato Salad
  • Friday, December 27—Leek and Potato Soup, Pesto paninis (recipe coming—also promised last month and NOT executed)
  • Saturday, December 28—Asian Citrus Salad with turkey strips

I’ve stopping here, for now, because these take FOREVER.  I don’t know about y’all, but ordering take out is what we’ll probably be doing at this point.

I have used emeals a lot in the past and their program coordinates with the sales at various grocery stores, so click on the link below and check out their plans, too!

Hope your November is off to an awesome start!

EMEALS EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

If you’re new around here?  Thank you for visiting my blog!  I’m honored you’re here and I hope you’ll find some encouragement (and some laughter!) for your days.  Visit my about page, which highlights some of my popular posts or will at least show you a peak into my crazy people.  You can subscribe to this blog by email here.  I am currently addicted to Pinterest, so follow at your own risk.  I also post updates to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

1 Jamie December 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Thank you for the menu plan! I have been in a rut lately~~ serving the same dinners over and over… Your timing is perfect. You have inspired me to change things up this month!

2 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:30 am

Oh yay, Jamie! It’s so easy to get in a rut and I think the menu plan helps with that!
xoxo

3 Susan December 4, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I love these posts! You always have something new for me to try or remind me of something I haven’t made in awhile. Thank you!

4 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:30 am
5 Alicia @ La Famille December 4, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I can’t believe you can make a month-long menu, but I love you for it! So many great links. :)

6 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:29 am

I’m always so glad I did it when it’s over, Alicia!! :)

7 Jessica December 4, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Thank you so much for posting this, I know it must’ve been quite an effort. Can’t wait to try these recipes!

8 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:28 am

It’s just all the pesky linking that takes me forever!! Glad you can use it, though.
xoxo

9 Shelly December 4, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Thanks soooo much for the inspiration for cooking good stuff this month! Can hardly wait to try at least 1/2 of these recipes!!

10 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:26 am

Now, to execute it, right?! That’s always the challenge for me! :)

11 Garrett December 4, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Oh yes! Very helpful and we use! Thank you for taking the time to put this together and share.

12 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:25 am

So glad it’s helpful, Garrett!
xoxo

13 Amanda December 4, 2013 at 10:56 pm

YUM. Love it. and LOVE your blog! Thanks for pouring out for others!

14 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:25 am

Thank you, Amanda! :)

15 Kim December 4, 2013 at 11:34 pm

I love these posts and absolutely use them. You have a knack for mixing quick delicious and slower home-cooked-comfort-wonderful-ness. Thanks so much!

16 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:25 am

I think that’s what takes me so long, Kim! I’m trying to balance too many things!
Glad you like them!
xoxo

17 Fran December 5, 2013 at 12:04 am

I really enjoy reading these menu plans! I always find fabulous recipes to try! Thank you!

18 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:24 am

Oh, yay! And you’re welcome!!
xoxo

19 Cidelle December 5, 2013 at 12:12 am

Where are the brownies you pictured?:)

20 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:24 am

It’s coming soon, Cidelle! Hopefully tomorrow!
xoxo

21 Tonya Upton December 5, 2013 at 2:10 am

I made your pumpkin chipotle soup a couple weeks ago, and it was excellent. We made the vegetarian version with potatoes – yum! Also tried your spicy tomato soup last month, and it was a big hit, too. I appreciate you sharing your recipes. Keep ‘em coming.

22 Edie Wadsworth December 5, 2013 at 5:23 am

OH, yay, thanks for sharing, Tonya! I haven’t made it vegetarian yet, but I have several friends who do. :)

23 Cary December 5, 2013 at 9:38 am

Edie- I know making these menu plans take forever but they are seriously changing my life!!!! Thank you thank you thank you! And the Chick-Fil-A sandwiches are awesome, but I would leave out the malted milk and double (or triple!) the pickle juice- it really is the key.

Merry Christmas!

:) Cary

24 FunkySteph December 5, 2013 at 10:09 am

Thank you for sharing this meal plan. If I may say so, I am French and from Lorraine (this part of France on North East that has been long disputed between France and Germany) and the Quiche original recipe is only with eggs and bacon. We usually add milk and sometimes cream to the egg mixture. We only use full eggs. But you still can find many variants of the recipe. ;-)
Happy December!

25 Ann December 5, 2013 at 11:46 am

Hi Edie! Thanks so much for the time you put into the menu plan. I love it! It’s just what I need for December. I so enjoy your blog and all the inspiration you pour out. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Ann

26 Heather December 5, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Thank you Edie! You know–in a world of blogged recipes that I’ve learned the hard way to be wary of–you’re one of the few who I trust completely to post only the best. I’m still looking forward to trying your pie crust too…

Cheers,
Heather

27 Ashley@Biggerthanthethreeofus December 5, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Thanks for posting this. Last month, we fell in love with that Rocky Chili. So yummy. Can’t wait to try more of what you have listed. =)

28 Tammara December 5, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I’ve been waiting for this post – I loved your November schedule and just cut and pasted our families personal preferences when the schedule/palates didn’t mesh (though I’m sure all your meals are divine) I’m feeding a crowd everyday and the schedule really helps! Thank you!!!

29 Kelli Fox December 7, 2013 at 11:53 am

i love it that you do these and share them! I am still doing your gmail calendar and it is working nicely.. i do need to change things up a bit and add some new meals, so thanks for this! and i’m a little ocd so i had to tell you that you have the week of Christmas noted as Thanksgiving.. sorry! not trying to be a bossy boss lol! it’s the copy reader in me!!

30 Michele December 8, 2013 at 10:40 pm

I so enjoy reading your menu plans! It gives me inspiration to try things I haven’t served before to my family. And I always wonder… How closely does she follow her menu plan or does the unexpected events (big and small) in life take her off course? (I’m giggling as I write course aka taking a different path or a different first course, second course in a meal. ok – silly.) Just wondering…
Michele

31 Ashley U. December 9, 2013 at 9:26 am

Cannot thank you enough for this! I have a toddler under foot and one on the way due in just a couple of months. Helps inspire me to try new things and bless my man when he walks in to something yummy. Doesn’t happen every day, but he loves it when I do! :) Nothing like table life…

(PS – if you haven’t read Table Life by Joanne Thompson, you must. It is so YOU. It totally changed my perspective on the table, in the best way possible.)

32 Terrie M December 9, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I love these! I used the November one a lot! December not yet, but plan to! printing a few recipes now. THX!!!

33 Katie December 9, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Just wanted you to know that they are so helpful! I have taken great ideas from both your October and November meal plans and I have started weekly meal planning as a result! It has been wonderful! Just wanted you to know that they are being well loved by families all over! Merry Christmas!!

34 Kayde December 10, 2013 at 9:35 am

Thank you for the meal plan. I’ve been a bit off track with meal planning these past few weeks and this is helping me get back in the game.

35 Kara December 19, 2013 at 12:51 pm

That chocolate meringue cake with raspberries looks absolutely mouth watering! Is there any chance you can share the recipe? :)

36 MaryC January 3, 2014 at 11:28 am

thanks for all your work and inspiration! just pulled form dec and Jan! :)

37 Julie G. January 15, 2014 at 10:45 am

Hi Edie! Thanks so much for the menu plan. I have been using my same cookbook of gathered meals for ages and was really in a rut. I used three of the meals you suggested last week and they were a hit!