31 Days|Day 25 The Girls’ Room

by Edie Wadsworth on October 25, 2011

For any of you new to my blog, welcome!  I hope you enjoy your visit! I’m joining Kelly’s ‘Show us Your Kids’ Rooms’ party!

After our house fire in 2010, we decided to rebuild our dream cottage.  We’re still putting the finishing touches on it but we have designed and decorated it with hospitality in mind.  Our entire lower level is dedicated to guests with 3 guest rooms, an apartment style kitchen and its own living room.

My two favorite rooms in the house are the kitchen and the workroom but I sure do love my girls’ room too.  They are 9 and 11 and share a room on the 2nd floor.

Their room was the first room Darlene and I worked on together and let’s face it:  girls’ rooms are so much fun to decorate!  It has come together beautifully and very close to the design board.

Come on in and take the tour!

I started with these beds from Layla Grace and we developed the room around them.
These beds were supposed to be dark mocha brown but when they finally got here from California, they were antique brass.  I loved them so much that I didn’t even bother to try and correct the error.   Plus, we needed spots for nieces and nephews to sleep in the rental house that weekend.   I’m glad I kept them.

I made the right decision, right?  Okay, yes, I think so too.

Oh and here’s the design board so you can compare!

Then, there’s the most wonderful dresser in the world (Darlene’s find) and I threatened the girls that I was gonna keep it in the living room but they were already attached to it.

It’s most definitely a splurge piece but it’s so very unique and wonderful.   Darlene is responsible for this little nook that was built just for this piece.  She sent me an email to ask if the framers had already framed this out and we were able to make a few changes so that on the wall opposite the beds, this nook is central and the girls’ closets flank each side.  It’s perfection!

A few more angles……..

And the bathroom…..

The dressing vanity……..

And my personal favorite, the antique picture of the ‘Angel on the bridge’ that shows an angel ushering two little ones to safety. That is my Caiti, rescuing her sister the morning of the fire. Steve’s mom had this hanging in her house and sent it to me. It’s our guardian angel :)

Wanna continue the house tour?  Visit the kitchen, the workroom, the master, the girls’ room, the living room and the guest room.

Sources

Wall Color : Sea Salt, Benjamin Moore

Beds: Painted Vintage Jane Iron Beds (antique brass)

Curtains:  Country Curtains Ashford Silk in blue

X Benches in Pomeroy Check fabric  Ballard Designs

Annabel Bedding Duvet  Serena and Lily

Aqua Trimmed Bedding  Serena and Lily

Bird Shower Curtain  T.J. Maxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Pin It

1 Rachel Webb October 26, 2011 at 12:47 am

I love that picture. My sister has it hanging in her house. :) The girls bedding is adorable…I’m hoping you post the source for it.

2 Tara October 26, 2011 at 1:09 am

I bet I’m not the only one that is hanging onto your every post…love seeing your house..how you’ve made it home for you guys.  They colors are todiefor delicious.

3 Lisa October 26, 2011 at 1:12 am

It’s all so beautiful.  Love that you used that color scheme again – the reds and aquas – but with a twist!  So, so lovely.  Your girls must be thrilled!!!!

4 Southern Gal October 26, 2011 at 1:42 am

It’s too lovely for words.

5 Heather Erickson October 26, 2011 at 1:50 am

Um. I’m having a really hard time here. I’m so jealous! Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!

6 sara@augustfields October 26, 2011 at 1:51 am

edie and darlene.  this is crazy amazing.  i’m loving how the two of you collaborated and pulled this together.  congratulations!

7 Christy October 26, 2011 at 2:08 am

Gorgeous! I love your new home. It’s lovely! I’m about to tackle my girls’ new room. The challenge…they are 7 years apart. The oldest is 9, and the youngest is 2. I pray it will work. I can’t wait to create a pretty and fun space for them, and replace the baby bed in my room with a chair for reading. Any ideas?
Blessings,
Christy

8 Christy October 26, 2011 at 2:08 am

Blessings,
Christy

9 {darlene} October 26, 2011 at 2:16 am

Oh, my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edie. This looks amazing. {I wish you could see the grin on my face right now. I am so thrilled}.
LOVE it. Love the brass. A divine mistake, I say.
okay. I am done talking because, I am kinda speechless.
HUGS, sweet friend.

{and thank you so much for all the link love. You are so kind to a workin’ gal – one who happens to love you to bits}

10 {darlene} October 26, 2011 at 2:16 am

LOVE it. Love the brass. A divine mistake, I say.
okay. I am done talking because, I am kinda speechless.
HUGS, sweet friend.

11 Anna October 26, 2011 at 2:34 am

Where did you find the bedding? It is perfect for the room!

12 monica October 26, 2011 at 2:49 am

Wow Edie…..it is a room fit for two princesses!!!!!!  Just beautiful!!!

13 marie October 26, 2011 at 2:51 am

Fresh, beautiful, inspirational…  I love the guardian angel painting & tea service so much.  but I was kinda excited to see the rhino head?!  LOL  Well done, thank you for sharing!

14 Ruth Emond October 26, 2011 at 2:52 am

Fabulous!! Every detail is perfection!! The dresser is so gorgeous and the beds look like antiques. Beyond words.

15 Anonymous October 26, 2011 at 3:28 am

Oh my goodness.  I am just dying.  I think I might go and paint my bathroom cabinets red RIGHT NOW.  Stunning.  I am jealous I never had a room this beautiful growing up…or ever.  Perfection.

16 robin October 26, 2011 at 4:49 am

amazing!!!!

17 Karin Katherine October 26, 2011 at 6:21 am

Beautiful!  What a home you are making…again.

18 Anonymous October 26, 2011 at 10:43 am

Love it~ so fresh and pretty. Where is the shower curtain from??? I’m a bit obsessed with shower curtains and this one is so sweet!  Also, love the carpet in the bedroom.

The whole thing is just perfect and I’m really enjoying the peeks!

19 edie wadsworth October 26, 2011 at 1:17 pm

tjmaxx! of course :)
xo,
edie

20 edie wadsworth October 26, 2011 at 1:17 pm

tjmaxx! of course :)
xo,
edie

21 Michelle Starling October 26, 2011 at 11:42 am

Beautiful room.

22 Michelle Starling October 26, 2011 at 11:42 am

Beautiful room.

23 Crystal @ Ordinary Days October 26, 2011 at 11:46 am

PERFECTION.  Straight from a magazine.  I really just love it.  I wanna move into that bedroom and get ready in that bathroom.   Everything looks so delicious I just know it smells yummy, too.  :)  lol

24 Christi October 26, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Oh, that red vanity – love it!

25 Christi October 26, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Oh, that red vanity – love it!

26 the farmer's wife October 26, 2011 at 2:22 pm

My husband probably wouldn’t be too excited about the twin beds, but I LOVE that room!  I covet that room (in a really healthy way : )).  Perfection.

27 June October 26, 2011 at 3:24 pm

The antique brass is oh so nice,,,glad you went with it,,,and I’m coveting the fact that your girls bedroom is large enough to pull the twins away from the wall on the sides,,makes changing sheets so much easier,,,see how blessed you are : )

28 Traci October 26, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I’m not sure I can wait for the Source post….I must know where you got the bedding!? Dreamy….

Your home should be featured in books & magazines…it’s truly amazing :)

29 Nicki October 27, 2011 at 12:11 am

I love it all. All of it I love. All. Of. It. And your photography just makes it that much better.

30 Elizabeth Highsmith October 27, 2011 at 3:56 am

it’s so dreamy and perfect-certainly love the turquoise accents and the bathroom cabinets swoon! and i know i’m biased but i love those e’s on the pillows. and their beautiful names on display!

31 dvondielingen October 27, 2011 at 10:28 am

I LOVE this room!!  It is perfection!!!  The bedding is so gorgeous!!  The mirrors above the bed…..did I miss your source for those????
Loving this tour of your new home!!!

32 Robin Allen October 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Oh Edie….
Could you come and re-decorate my house…..i LOVE luv LOOOOVVVEEE it all so far…..

I have the “Angel” print hanging over our stairway…and a smaller one in the dining room on a buffet…..

Your decorating angels….are helping all of us…through your blog…..your healing angels  are touching us all through your blog.

We are all being blessed and learning so much about life and healing, and forgiveness and just being plain ole good through your tragic loss of your home.

From my heart….that has become a little hardened …and you are helping to soften it up….THANKS…

33 Hilary Kasparian October 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Can you tell me about the mirrors over the beds? I love them…no source listed for those.

Thanks
Hilary

34 Patty Palmer October 29, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Can I just say how much I love your house? The color palette is marvelous! I just adore this bedroom. Keep up with your wonderful writings and photographs. So inspiring!

35 Terri Dodd October 30, 2011 at 12:32 pm

Wow, what an amazing bedroom!  Who wouldn’t love to sleep here?!  The bedding is beautiful and  the color combination you used is yummy!  TFS!

36 Jenny@EvolutionofStyle October 30, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I love everything about this room! The color palette is so fresh and inviting – it’s just perfect. The bedding is amazing as well. I can’t even pick a favorite- I love it all!

37 Ashley Antkowiak October 30, 2011 at 4:07 pm

You already know this by all the other comments, but this is absolutely gorgeous. So much inspiration for my own little girl’s room!

38 Shaunna October 30, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Well, it is AMAZING!  I absolutely love it all.  Breathtaking, really.  Great job to BOTH of you!!  SO happy for you, Edie! :-)
shaunna

39 Lizzie October 30, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Stopping by from CentsationalGirl…. I love this room! The beds, the mirrors, the dresser, the duvet covers…it’s all gorgeous. :)

40 Beth@HomeStoriesAtoZ October 30, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Just gorgeous! Love everything about it :).

41 Alecia8 October 30, 2011 at 11:39 pm

I have that same picture that you posted at the end…I LOVE it..I think it’s supposed to be Hansel & Gretel…it’s one of my faves!

42 Amber H. October 31, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Stunning!  Please tell us the source for the sunburst mirrors above the beds.  They are awesome!

43 edie wadsworth October 31, 2011 at 3:03 pm

i bought those at a furniture store in knoxville (knoxville wholesale furniture) thanks for reading :)
edie

44 Cathy Fischer October 31, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Love the room… that is the direction that we are going for our granddaughters room when they are here. It looks so welcoming and something that they will not out grow in a year as Lily is 3 and little Miss Sophie is only a few months. Thank you for sharing this room with everyone.

45 Cathy Fischer October 31, 2011 at 3:08 pm

46 Kim @ Sand & Sisal October 31, 2011 at 5:20 pm

What a gorgeous girls room! Everything is just beautiful!

47 Kim @ Sand & Sisal October 31, 2011 at 5:20 pm

What a gorgeous girls room! Everything is just beautiful!

48 April October 31, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I LOVE everything about this room!

49 Stephanie Halliday November 2, 2011 at 5:17 am

Hi!  It’s lovely!  What is the color of the bathroom and dressing cabinetry?

50 Colette November 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm

What about the mirrors above the bed? That is my favorite . What is it?

51 Colette November 4, 2011 at 5:34 pm

What about the mirrors above the bed? That is my favorite . What is it?

52 Edina Kukla November 5, 2011 at 1:31 pm

This is beautiful!!!

53 Kristy November 8, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Gorgeous!!  Saw you on Centsational Girl…

54 Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating November 9, 2011 at 7:09 pm

This is such a fantastic room!  Really, one of the most beautiful girl’s rooms I’ve seen.  Very well done.  I love how closely you followed the mood board.  I’ve featured the room on the Inspiration Files over on A2D today.  Thanks for the inspiration!!  –Kristi

55 Kristen November 18, 2011 at 7:52 pm

I absolutely LOVE this room!  I love the wall color so much I ran up to my Benjamin Moore store and asked for a swatch of Sea Salt.  She proceeded to tell me that color hasn’t been released yet and won’t for another month????   Maybe things are slower down here in Texas??  ha!

Do you happen to know how you were able to get that color already?!…I need it in my girl’s room, too!  :)

56 rebecca November 22, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Sea Salt is a Sherwin Williams color…. not Benjamin Moore. :)

57 Nessvet November 22, 2011 at 12:13 am

Love the rooms! What is the bathroom cabinet color and brand!

58 Jenniferv November 24, 2011 at 11:54 pm

What color is the vanity in your bathroom? It’s gorgeous!

59 Cami January 9, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Love their room!  Where is the chandelier from?  I’m on the hunt for one for our soon-to-be baby girl’s nursery.  Thank you!

60 Erin Vanek January 14, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Magazine worth for sure!!!

61 Decoratinginsanity February 1, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Love the teal dresser.  I’ve posted a pic of it here
xo…mONICa

62 Homeowner Insurance Plan February 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm

This is absolutely gorgeous. So much inspiration for my own little girl’s room!    I’m loving how the two of you collaborated and pulled this together.  congratulations!

63 Ashley G February 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Such a beautiful room and bathroom! I would have died if my room looked like this growing up! Just beautiful!

64 Meganhansen February 19, 2012 at 11:35 am

what is the name and brand of the color you painted the bathroom vanity?  Love it!

65 Lauren February 27, 2012 at 10:28 am

Gorgeous! I would really love to know the name of the paint color used on the cabinets and vanity. Please share if you have a moment. Thank you!

66 Briana March 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Love this room. I have two little girls 4 years and 6 months, and I cant wait until they can have a “big girl” room like this! Best color palette ever!

67 Toni March 10, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Darling room….love the fresh colors!

68 Amy Spencer March 15, 2012 at 8:36 am

Please tell me. Where did you find the mirrors above each bed? I really want to buy one!

69 Judy W March 16, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Did anyone ever find out the paint color used on the cabinets and vanity? I would love to know that paint color! It looks orange or red. Hard to tell in the pictures.

70 Eliza March 24, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Oh, what a fabulous job you did with this room! I love the rug against the other colors. Yummy!!!

71 Inspire Me Heather April 13, 2012 at 9:42 am

Fabulous room, you’ve done a lovely job with that space! I have this linked to my children’s rooms post too today, well done!

72 Michelle April 14, 2012 at 9:26 am

I love the colors in the girls bedroom and bathroom! I was wondering if you could let me know if the Sea Salt color you used was the Sherwin Williams Sea Salt? I have that in my bathroom and it looks similar in color. Also I would love to know if you painted the bathroom cabinet and what color you used. Thanks…

73 Eve May 12, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Can you tell me where you got those amazing mirrors above the beds? I absolutely love them!
Love the whole room, it’s perfect.

74 Amanda May 15, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Where did you get those duvet covers from?!? It is exactly what I am looking for!

75 Shan June 22, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Dear Jesus, I love Edie’s style… Make me over, Lord! I have truly been inspired by your wonderful taste in decorating and all things GOR-JUS!

76 Karrie June 30, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Splendid! Magnificent! Tasteful! Love the pendant above the dresser!

77 Becky July 1, 2012 at 9:07 am

Your girls’ room is gorgeous Edie! Love everything, especially the bedding and dresser! The whole space is beautiful!

78 Amy Keogh July 14, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Love the colors and absolutely everything about the bedroom and bathroom! This is going on MY mood board!! : )

79 Calah July 19, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I love your girl’s room! I am in love with the bath cabinet and vanity color…would you mind sharing what that is?

Thank you so much!

Calah

80 Rebecca Cannon July 29, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Where did you find your bedskirts?! LOVE the room!

81 Aubrey July 31, 2012 at 12:56 pm

What site or program did you use for making the design board?

82 Beth August 7, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Hi Edie,
Please share the color of the bathroom cabinets/vanity in your girls bathroom! It looks great!!!
I have enjoyed your blog. My husband and I bought an older home a year ago and have renovated the kitchen as well as made other changes. We used sea salt in several rooms and had our new kitchen cabinets painted in sea salt. When I found your blog I was so surprised to see a kitchen very similar to mine. It was so comforting since I was still in the process and a little concerned about my colors! I love my new kitchen and yours as well!!! I love using reds and other bright colors with the sea salt.

83 Amy Taylor November 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I absolutely LOVE this room! It is just beautiful. Where did you find the bedskirts? I love how they tie in with the rug. Thank you for your inspiration and for sharing your sources with us!

84 Kessie Bratko January 13, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Did anyone ever find out what color the bathroom cabinets are?

85 Meredith Gibson January 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Hi! I just found your blog and your home is gorgeous! May I ask you what color you painted the bathroom cabinets in your girl’s bathroom? I love it. My girl’s bathroom is also painted Sea Salt and I have been trying to figure out what to do with the cabinet. Thanks!!!!

86 Suzanne Nicholas January 24, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Beautiful room! I think someone already asked, but I would love to know your source for the girls’ bedskirts. Thank you so much.

87 Tianna Dean February 12, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I might have missed it but where did you get the mirros above the beds I just love those!

88 molly February 26, 2013 at 10:24 am

your home says alot about you ~ beautiful :) i adore the girls room ~ everything ! can i PLEASE ask you where you got those simple, yet amazing little butterfly photos in the girls bathroom ??
thanks so much for the inspiration!
happy day :)
molly ~

89 edie February 27, 2013 at 7:17 am

thrifted from a local antique store.
sorry :)
and thank you for such sweetness!

90 Beth Finney April 14, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Hi. Could you provide the color name and brand for the vanity in your girl’s bathroom? It is perfect!

Thank you!

91 free lyrics to kids christmas songs April 30, 2013 at 4:44 am

Howdy! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the nice
data you may have here on this post. I might be coming back to your blog for extra soon.

92 Erin McCall July 15, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I have searched your blog and can’t find the cabinet color you used in the girls room. Could you possibly let me know what you used. I apologize if you have written about it. Thank you so much for your time. Your blog has inspired me for years. I’ve read you since you started and I’m so proud of all you’ve accomplished!
God bless, Erin McCall
It’s a Wannabe Decorators Life
{I used Great Barrington Green in my new kitchen and I adore it!}

93 Buy Garcinia Cambogia August 19, 2013 at 10:35 pm

It’s really a great and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this useful
info with us. Please keep us up to date like this.
Thanks for sharing.

94 Aenota September 12, 2013 at 8:30 am

This is a very delicate and beautifully chosen colors. I also have a daughter. Girls have so many clothes! Where are it placed? I do not see the wardrobe…

95 Bethany October 12, 2013 at 3:16 pm

You are a designing genius!!! Loving everything you’ve done, and your take on marble was the best (most honest) I’ve seen! Plus, your girls’ room and bath is ah-may-zing!!! What is that beautiful color on the bathroom cabinet? I’ll be a loyal follower from now on!! Can’t wait to see your next posting!! :)

96 Ali Stewart October 18, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I am loving the girls bathroom vanity color!!! Do you happen to know the exact color?! This is all so amazing!!!

97 steam enclosure December 11, 2013 at 7:20 am

Hello there, I think your web site could possibly be having
web browser compatibility problems. When I look at
your website in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues.
I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other than that, wonderful website!

98 Kelly December 29, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Where are the duvet covers from? I just have them!!!

99 free server hosting January 3, 2014 at 6:04 am

My spouse and I stumbled over here different web page and
thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you.
Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly.