Thanksgiving Banner, Take Two

by Edie Wadsworth on November 16, 2010

I think I’ve got a crafting hangover. I need some motrin and a day to sleep it off. But what do I do instead? I make us (you and me) a pdf file of last years’ Thanksgiving banner.  I liked it so much, I’m using it again.  And I wanted to share with you.    Because that’s the kind of girl I am. You can call me Edie McCraftster.  Just say it softly.   Only, when I tried to make the documents, Google Documents wouldn’t let me share the file with the world wide web. It’s as if Google Documents is in cahoots with my sewing machine trying to make my life miserable. Why don’t things work like they’re s’posed to? But then I figured out the problem and all was right with the world again. So here is my early Thanksgiving present to you.

{Make sure you continue to visit my lovely friends who  brought us the wonderful tutorials.   Tutorials are a lot of work and I’m so thankful for all of them.   I’m thinking of having a linky party in a couple weeks where we feature the stuff we’ve made using the tutorials, so get busy!}
DSC_0839

DSC_0842

DSC_0845

The pdf files for the letter are here for you to download and print.
G in Give
I in Give
V in Give
E in Give

T in Thanks
H in Thanks
A in Thanks
N in Thanks
K in THanks
S in THanks

Disclaimer: These pictures were taken in the ever sentimental  turquoise kitchen, partly for Elizabeth’s sake (I don’t think she’s forgiven me for moving!), and mostly because I can’t find my stapler to hang them in my lake cottage kitchen.   My Thanksgiving preparations are well underway.  I made Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie, along with Martha Stewart’s red velvet cupcakes this weekend.   I’ll be making more desserts this week along with some casseroles this weekend.  I hope to share my some of my goodies with you.

I’ve also dyed my tablecloth an alluring  shade of blue for the festivities.   This is the year of blue in case you haven’t noticed!   And I’m working on getting my dessert table (which is presently loaded full of school books) presentable along with my makeshift bar  re-stocked.   I’m making the final changes to my menu and will print it sometime this week (I’ll share) and plan to gather  the supplies to make my placecards.

Why all the flurry now?  So that when the day comes, I can truly enjoy my family (all 20 something of them) and take a deep breaths and be thankful.

Hope your week is off to an enchanting and thankful start!

lots of love,

ms. edie

ps.  I’ve listened to this sermon three times—well, four counting the first time I heard it live.  The whole thing is amazing, the last 7 minutes is epic.  Unbelievable delivery of the gospel from an Old Testament passage.   The perfect illustration of Jesus’ own words,  ”These are the scriptures that testify of me.”     How even the  Old Testament, every book, is about Christ.   The Bible is not a book primarily about how we are to live.  It is a story of redemption.  Won for us all and freely given in Christ.     It’s worth a listen or four.   Credit to Pastor Paul Bushur from First Lutheran Church Knoxville who knows how to bring it.

1 Tara November 16, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Thank you for the letters…gonna print them and work on them this week…might roll the edges in glitter!

And, can’t wait for your recipes and your menu!!

And…..I’m gonna listen to that sermon right now and then pass it to my husband!

I don’t think I’ve told you before that we have been spending time with a retired Lutheran pastor for about 15 months….he was a pastor for 25 years and now has his Doc. in counseling…

we love him! He has become such a sweet mentor for us!
So, I’m sure he’ll enjoy the sermon, too!

2 Tara November 16, 2010 at 12:22 pm

it said there was an error and to try submitting my comment again…looks like it printed it two times. :( you can delete

3 Southern Gal November 16, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Thanks for sharing even though it was a pain.

And Martha Stewart’s Red Velvet Cupcakes are the best evah.

4 Southern Gal November 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm

So sweet of you to share the letters even though it was a pain for you.

And Martha Stewart’s Red Velvet Cupcakes are the best evah.

5 Southern Gal November 16, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Oh, great. Looks like Tara and I had the same problem. My first one said it didn’t post. So I’ve repeated (and cleared up my meaning) in the second comment. Please delete this one and the first one. Sorry.

6 Becky @ Farmgirl Paints November 16, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Now why did you have to mention red velvet cupcakes…those are my FAVORITE. If I have time I’ll have to stop back by and listen to that sermon. That was so sweet of you to share it.

7 Molly Pearce November 16, 2010 at 2:47 pm

I am going to print these out and hang them at my mama’s house! She will love it! Thanks for sharing sweet friend! I’ll make some hot cocoa tonight and listen to the sermon with my sweetie pie, we love listening to sermons together. Hope you have a great day I’m off to fight this cold and get ready for my bible study this afternoon, we are doing Beth Moore’s Stepping Up and it is intense and makes me think real hard, ha ha but I love it!
~Molly P

8 Polly November 16, 2010 at 3:46 pm

lovely! if you are looking for another yummy pie recipe check out the Blue Ribbon Banana Caramel Pie recipe from http://www.alongwayfromthethetahouse.com/2008/11/blue-ribbon-banana-caramel-pie.html
Have a blessed day!

9 edie wadsworth November 16, 2010 at 7:57 pm

That link is awesome Polly! I may just have to try that one :)

10 Elizabeth Highsmith November 16, 2010 at 4:58 pm

it’s true i hold a wicked grudge, however my affections can always be accrued through pie or cupcakes, i’m gracious like that. who am i kidding, Miz E “Owl” always love you and whatever paint brush you have in your hand, critter you have your cookies in, project you have going on, and house you live in etc. etc.
kudos on the blue tablecloth,
p.s. I think we should paint the bathroom turquoise
p.p.s. I am now dreaming of pie

11 kendal November 16, 2010 at 5:53 pm

crafting hangover! well, since i abstain from crafting, then i feel great!

12 edie wadsworth November 16, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I just added Disqus to my comments and now I’m praying it works and I don’t lose all my previous commenters!

13 Melissa Stover November 16, 2010 at 8:07 pm

looks like it’s working!

14 patty November 17, 2010 at 11:43 am

it’s lke chatting on your blog! :o

15 Melissa Stover November 16, 2010 at 8:07 pm

i just taught the parts of the cell to my kids and now my brain needs a rest. but i understand that happens when you craft too much too. we are working on some simple kid crafts for gifts. i hope to post them next week.

16 edie wadsworth November 16, 2010 at 8:32 pm

well, i added disqus. i think it’s working but i’ve got a few
glitches so far.
of course, then darcy says to me on twitter, “why would you do that?
(add disqus) it’s hard to quit. ” i think she means that if you
decide to use another comment plug-in, you could lose comments. but i
love the threaded comments so i’ll guess i’ll take my chances.
xo,
edie

17 Trudyroyston November 16, 2010 at 9:14 pm

The 12 Days of do-able Handmade Christmas is wonderful. I love tutorials! It’s good to have you back though Edie. The pictures from the turquoise kitchen must have been for my benefit too because seeing your lighting on the upper cabinets is a brilliant solution to the glaring, ineffective overhead lighting in mine. Thank you. Oh, and thank you for the banner too. Two of my (grown) sons are preparing the Thanksgiving meal this year, but I am still the happy decoranger and my heart is FULL of GRATITUDE. (Cooking ahead so you can enjoy the holiday is so wise, reminds me of the saying…Work smarter, not harder.) God bless you Edie.
Sincerely, Trudy

18 Giannii November 16, 2010 at 10:10 pm

test comment

19 Colleenpsullivan November 16, 2010 at 10:42 pm

I LOVE your kitchen. It looks so inviting! The cabinets are gorgeous.

Thanks for the banner PDF!

20 Edie Rudder Wadsworth November 16, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Now I’m testing the posting from my facebook account! The fun never ends.

21 Ami M. Davis November 17, 2010 at 2:43 am

Testing..testing..1..2..3..:) this one is via my FB account and seems to be working like a charm.

22 Anonymous November 17, 2010 at 2:44 am

I made these last year and LOVED them! We even used them to make an “Emmanuel” sign at Christmas. I was just thinking the other day that I was gonna have to search through your blog to find this. Thanks!

23 Anonymous December 14, 2010 at 2:13 am

Do you still have the link to tutorial?

24 Anonymous November 17, 2010 at 2:46 am

Testing version 2 using disqus.

25 edie wadsworth November 17, 2010 at 2:49 am

you’re such a trooper ms. ami :)
do you think the it’s a more user friendly method?
i noticed that i got a lot of duplicate comments with the old way b/c people were unsure if there comment ‘took’.
thanks for testing dear…..

26 Perfecting Pru November 17, 2010 at 8:32 am

I’d love to know how you find the time Edie! I am wondering if I will have everything ready for Christmas! I don’t know how I would cope if I had to deal with Thanksgiving as well!

27 patty November 17, 2010 at 11:41 am

1.i miss the tourquoise kitchen, i do…
2.i almost took lexi to hobby lobby last night, after dance {you know, around midnight?} ;o
i wanted to buy stuff to make those necklaces…. joy!!!!
3.i’m like a deer in headlights, not knowing where to start -or when- for T’giving dinner.small crowd this year; less motivation, too.
4.can’t wait for january!

28 edie wadsworth November 17, 2010 at 11:56 am

I almost called you at 9p to discuss Nashville! I’m getting so
excited about it. Well, and I’ve missed you this week. Hope all is
well and hope to see you Friday at Sue’s with your favorite lyrics.
Love you :)

29 Marcie November 17, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Hey Edie! I’m a long time fan of your blog, I was wondering how you attached the letters to the ribbon? Thanks :)
-Marcie

30 edie wadsworth November 18, 2010 at 2:42 am

i just stapled ‘em marcie. easy-peasy :)

31 Debra November 17, 2010 at 6:53 pm

You are one hard worker! Hop on over to my blog, I’m having a giveaway!

32 Marsha November 17, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Thanks for the letters Edie. I am not anywhere in your league when it comes to craftiness (all those genes got passed on to my daughter) but I decided to throw caution to the wind and give your banner a try. And then you go and make it super easy by providing the letter templates – SWEET! My family is going to be pretty amazed when they see I’ve crafted something. As well they should be :) Thanks for the time and love you put into your blog.

33 edie wadsworth November 18, 2010 at 2:40 am

you’re welcome! m-wahhhh:)

34 Anonymous December 14, 2010 at 2:13 am

I’d like to make an “Emmanuel” banner.