studio 3z makes me smile

by Edie Wadsworth on April 27, 2010

Remember when we went to Cincy a few weeks ago? Well, one of our great pleasures was meeting Brett and Jess of studio 3z. I found her blog months ago and began to confess my smittenness of their work. They are the most beautiful, unique family I think I’ve ever laid eyes on. And they homeschool too. Oh how I wish I lived in Cincy. Today, Jessica emailed me and said some of the pics were posted from our photo session and she graciously let me post a few of them on my blog too. You’re gonna wanna make some hot tea and nestle into a comfy spot when you visit her blog–it’s one of those you’ll get lost in.   Brett and Jessica are as warm and gracious and beautiful in person as they seem when you visit their site. I consider it a honor to call them friends. Enjoy their work!
117
two little love birds!
173
love the shots into the sun!
and who can resist an old blue caboose as a prop?
i couldn’t resist taking pictures of them taking pictures—-
brettandjess
and I think this is my favorite pic of their adorable family.
biopic5_1258380111
I know, you’re smitten now too, aren’t ya?

1 Elizabeth Highsmith April 27, 2010 at 3:00 am

now i want
a husband
your blue cabinets and
a blue caboose

thanks, now i have to go repent. my name is elizabeth and i’m a coveter.
amen

p.s. you all look adorable times a beaucoup a gob and a heap

2 Darby April 27, 2010 at 3:04 am

Edie, I love the new house… I looked all through your flickr! It’s coming together!!! And these PICS oh my goodness! They are so beautiful! I love their style and I love what they captured, perfect composition and so perfect for you and your family!! I am off to see more!! xoxo D

3 Amanda April 27, 2010 at 3:07 am

I think its amazing how in the first picture your girls are watching you and your husband look at each other :) Beautiful! Even as an adult I enjoy watching my parents in love…

4 Laura April 27, 2010 at 4:04 am

soooo cute, sweet, precious. thankful for such happiness in the world. :)

5 Carrie April 27, 2010 at 4:36 am

Yes~definitely smitten~

6 Angie April 27, 2010 at 5:08 am

A-MAZING!!!! Such gorgeous photos!!!

7 Barbie April 27, 2010 at 5:20 am

These pictures are astoundingly beautiful. You have a lovely family.

8 mary katharine April 27, 2010 at 10:20 am

Look at you and your stylin’ fam!!!! Lovin’ the little crewcut girls, too:):):). These are awesome captured images, of such a sweet family. And yes, I’m smitten, too, by studio3Z … thanks for sharing!

9 Rhonda April 27, 2010 at 10:46 am

Those are absolutely beautiful…

10 April April 27, 2010 at 11:49 am

What great pics!!! Don’t you wander when we used to go set in a studio in front of a piece of cardboard how we thought we was getting the best family pictures made?!?!?? This kind of photography shows a great family portrait!!

11 the domestic fringe April 27, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Wow! These are fantastic pictures. You guys are all just beautiful.
-FringeGirl

12 Tricia April 27, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Oh.My.Goodness!! Gorgeous work! Of course they had beautiful subjects. That helps. ;)

13 brett@studio3z.com April 27, 2010 at 2:52 pm

thank you for the wonderful comments Edie! we had a great time getting to know you, steve, and the girls a little bit. you have a beautiful family and steve was a great sport for the shoot. i hope our paths cross again soon one day!

14 Kristi April 27, 2010 at 4:24 pm

The pictures are wonderful!!! I wish I had an excuse to go to Cincy!!!! Love each and every one of them! And the love just pours out of them :)
xoxo

15 Carmen April 27, 2010 at 4:49 pm

*sigh* Such beautiful photos! Such beautiful subjects! ;) What a wonderful keepsake to have.

16 Misty April 27, 2010 at 5:33 pm

I LOVE these photos! Especially the one you just added for your header. Also enjoying your move postings. We are getting ready for a cross country move in 2 months and I can’t wait to get there and begin our new life. We are in the midst of packing, garage sales, and clearing out. SO much work! I’m envious you are already in your new home and baking cookies.

17 Jessica @ These Are The Days April 27, 2010 at 6:17 pm

Oh Geez Edie, They are PERFECT! I love everything about them, the props, the outfits, the poses and the photography work. Glad you guys had a fabulous photo shoot! Those are pics you’ll be so glad you have years from now. BTW, Steve looks hunky. :) Love the vest.

18 Megan April 27, 2010 at 6:55 pm

What beautiful pictures of your beautiful family! I want to look as good as you when I’m 40!

19 Cindy April 27, 2010 at 11:32 pm

good gracious, Miss Edie….those are AMAZING!!!! I love, love, love them! Beautiful!

20 jessica leigh April 28, 2010 at 12:46 am

how awesome! first, your family is just plum beautiful!

second. . .you would make any photographer glee when you all stepped out of your car dressed in the outfits you chose! awesome. . .

love the detail, even down to the girls’ socks! so precious!

21 Kelly April 28, 2010 at 10:54 am

What great pics!

22 Staci Amy April 28, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Oh my!! JUST beautiful!!! Love them all :)

23 Mischelle April 30, 2010 at 3:32 am

I just wanted to stop by and let you know how much I looooove your blog. I have been following it for several months now. It has been such an inspiration to me. I too am fairly new at the homeschooling bit. Although I would not trade it for anything there are times when it becomes over whelming. Praise God for his promise of renewed strength. I am also new to blogging and I so love it as well. I look forward to your post everyday so keep up the good work. Thanks and God Bless.

24 Linda April 30, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Love the family photos. They are a super combination of edgy brilliant color and lighting plus the most important, a reflection of your love for each other.

Linda @ bushel and a pickle

25 Denise May 1, 2010 at 11:42 pm

There are no words. Those photos are so incredible! You are right: I am smitten. And I may have to go to Cincinnati on the way to my mother’s this summer. :)

26 melissa stover May 2, 2010 at 5:51 am

your family pictures are just wonderful! i bet you have a place planned for them in the new house. you have an adorable family!

27 Ruthanne May 2, 2010 at 12:17 pm

edie,

i am in major envy mode. those pictures are phenomenal! tell me honestly ~ did you cry when she showed them to you?

28 Peggy May 4, 2010 at 2:14 pm

Edie -your photos are beautiful! I love your outfits too! I will have to check out the blog you posted. Us homeschoolers have to stick together!