“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” C.S. Lewis
- Went to work, just like every other day, and tried to make a difference in someone’s life–if in no other way than to relieve suffering.
- With great interest and love, made sure that our girls know that their daddy is on their side, that he is their biggest fan, their protector and their provider.
- Came home early, gave out smooches and hugs galore, read most of the afternoon from Paradise Lost by Milton and commenced to draw parallels between C.S. Lewis, George McDonald and John Milton.
- Discussed Issues like this and this and lamented the large gaps in our education.
- Decided to take us to dinner out and then to our churches’ third Advent service.
And walking out from church, that’s when I felt the weight of it—-a glimpse of true joy, of complete contentment, a transcendent and yet very physical reassurance that this moment is a foreshadowing of the fullness we have in Christ. And this man, this husband and father is a picture of Christ—the very means God uses to nurture wives and children. A tangible, wonderful taste of what Christ ultimately gives us in Himself.