Christmas Brunch 2009

by Edie Wadsworth on December 24, 2009

We gathered to eat and open a few goodies with my extended family. Oh what fun!

IMG_0497
IMG_0504
IMG_0503
taylor and corey and their loot
IMG_2574
IMG_0477
that scream and horrible face was brought to you by a creme brulee flame torch
IMG_2583
american girl heaven
IMG_2576
and Marcus’ love for the cheese balls seemed out of proportion to the quality of the gift—but he carried them around all day and thought of all sorts of scenarios where they’d come in handy.
IMG_2585
the men folk
DSC_0312
sisters’ new jeans—very nice
DSC_0310
facebooking together–i’m pretty sure the cheese ball pic is uploaded!
DSC_0308
Kris and the kids with Grannie and Papa G
DSC_0295
Sis (Gina), Mark, Corey, Hope and Marlea
DSC_0285
the sibs
DSC_0266
the motliest crew of all
DSC_0268

and Grannie and her new Northface jacket! (she said three times “What are you calling that, North what?” She’s the same dear mother of mine who says “I need to go to the Walmart.”

You gotta love her. At least she’ll be nice and warm in the Northface.
IMG_2588
Now I’m busy making the bouillabaise and pizza bianca for dinner and then off to a candlelight and communion service. Hope your day is merry and bright.

1 Emily December 24, 2009 at 10:07 pm

LOL the walmart. That's nicer than what I call it :)

Looks like a wonderful time.

Merry Christmas, Edie! It's been wonderful getting to know your lovely life this year.

Emily @ remodeling this life

2 Malachi December 24, 2009 at 10:41 pm

Looks wonderful! Merry Christmas from the tundra of Iowa -Malachi

3 Sheri December 25, 2009 at 12:06 am

Have a lovely time celebrating The Christmas with the family.

4 Hi! I'm Kirsten... December 25, 2009 at 1:04 am

Wow!! There are so many of you!! Kind of jealous. Always wanted a big family.

Merry Christmas my dear blogosphere friend! I hope the holidays are a time of true blessing for you.

5 Jaimie December 25, 2009 at 1:51 am

now I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting my BF a big thing of cheese balls. He would have been PUMPED!
Looks like a real nice family gathering.. have fun with that torch and be careful! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

6 Julie Harward December 25, 2009 at 4:11 am

BEAUTIFUL FAMILY…EATS, LAUGHTER AND FUN…WHAT MORE COULD ANYONE WANT…MERRY CHRISTMAS SWEET FRIEND! Come say hi :D

7 These Are The Days December 25, 2009 at 5:35 am

Edie I love the pic of you and your sibs…so great! You all look so happy and your decor is fabulous. May your family have a blessed weekend together. Loves ya, Jessica

8 patty December 25, 2009 at 6:37 am

ok… i know i've been away too long.. i barely recognize that room with the xmas tree. everything's all different! {oh silly me! i should know better!}
what a great day! glad that you were surrounded by that great big family! all smiles and love and surprises!
merry christmas, edie! ((H))

9 Get Your Martha On December 25, 2009 at 2:44 pm

Merry Christmas! Will that be the family pic for your New Year's card? It's fantastic!

10 kanishk December 26, 2009 at 5:47 pm

Looks wonderful!

Work from home India

11 Hopefull December 28, 2009 at 5:44 am

i love that you kept up your give thanks banner…i did too. i am trying to copy your layering style – i think it is freaking my family out a little bit – but you pull it off just right :) happy new year too

12 Sheri January 17, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Son wants to know where you got that huge container of cheese balls (Yes…my SEVEN year old wants to know LOL)