Thanksgiving Replayed

by Edie Wadsworth on November 28, 2009

DSC_0969
We gathered around the table and prayed a Thanksgiving litany–written by Pastor Bill Cwirla.

The food was served buffet style—-and if I do say so myself—it was pretty yummy!
DSC_0953
Some of the crew (my brother was sick this year and we missed him dearly—-he always does the dishes!)
DSC_0952
Let the feasting begin!
DSC_0958
The ‘teens and tweens’ table and their beloved sparkling grape juice.
DSC_0955

DSC_0962

DSC_0963
A sneak peek at myspace….
DSC_0944
…and a whole lot of football!
DSC_0943
Apparently my sister has rescued her husband from his ten year old worn out Carhartt (?acid-washed) jeans—I thought it was picture-worthy.

DSC_0989

The cute couple Marcus and Katilin (and a sneak peak at my freshly painted tiffany blue door)
DSC_0978

I was a little disappointed with my performance on desserts this year. Pride comes before a fall and I sorta pride myself on serving a plethora of yummy desserts. They were just ‘ok’. Next year, I promise to bring back ‘chocolate crusted creme brulee’—-and red velvet cheese cake. Accept my sincerest apologies.

DSC_0937

It was a glorious day altogether and we counted our many blessings.
Friday I took the kids to see Blind Side and cried through 75% of the movie. Steve was 95% sure I’d come home with a 250 pound homeless football player. I seriously pondered it and may be in an adoption ‘funk’ for weeks. Today, I’m thinking about resurrecting the fresh Christmas tree tradition. Hope your weekend is marvelous.

1 Katy November 28, 2009 at 2:11 pm

Edie, had a nice time reading your Thanksgiving post. Oh, man cannot wait to watch the Blind Side and yes…hear on adopting a big guy…I will probably feel the same way. What a neat story. Have a great weekend.

2 Christi November 28, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Sounds like y'all had a great Thanksgiving. Enjoy your weekend!

3 patty November 28, 2009 at 3:03 pm

everything looked lovely, edie! can't wait to see that movie, too.. been trying to buy the book and can't find it anywhere. right now, i'm trying to decide between nixon, and edward. pLLLLLLEeeeeeaaassse! the first time i read a 500 page book, and did so in 2+days!!! ha! found my genre!!

4 Jessica November 28, 2009 at 3:21 pm

Such a beautiful family and everything looked so gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

5 Chic Mama November 28, 2009 at 6:01 pm

I think I am in need of some of your chocolate crusted creme brule!!! Post that recipe PLEASE!

6 { L } November 28, 2009 at 7:29 pm

I just did a T Day recap post too… ;) And it's so fun to see others. It looks like a lovely time with your beautiful family and lots of good food! Thanks for sharing.

7 Alison November 28, 2009 at 11:43 pm

what a gorgeous time! i just love how you always have so many people in your home.:) and at least the desserts looked pretty! (although i'm sure they were amazing).

sidenote: with the amount of people in your home at any given time, i'd love a post about the size of your rooms, how you host big groups, how to maximize seating, etc.

8 Jessica November 29, 2009 at 1:35 am

Looks like it all turned out fabulous. It's good seeing your family pics…can't believe we've been blogging together this long. Your kids are sure growing. :)

9 Anna See November 29, 2009 at 2:47 am

Great pics! I saw The Blind Side last night and felt the same way.

10 gina November 29, 2009 at 12:41 pm

Oh my family wants to SEE that!1 I weant to adopt- just from watching the previews!!!!!!

Your day looks amazing- glad your holidays were happy. Love your tiffany blue door. :)

11 Sherry November 29, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Oh…please send the chocolate crusted creme brulee…I'll need that one. Yum!!

12 Miriam November 29, 2009 at 8:16 pm

Happy Thanksgiving… the jeans photo just cracked me up
!

13 angelamills November 30, 2009 at 3:00 am

What a beautiful day :-) I went to see the Blind Side, too, and was looking for someone to pick up on the way home. I cried, and so did the big guy who was sitting next to me, which made me cry more. So good!

14 Lana K. W. Austin November 30, 2009 at 5:41 am

Adoption, obviously, is a hugely personal thing for me and after salvation/redemption/grace from my Savior and the birth of my children/my marriage, I consider it the greatest miracle & gift of my life. Most people just don't adopt older kids (my brother and I were both older when adopted) and Tom and I are on the adoption journey because we know on a core level how it changes kids' lives. My best friend in VA just adopted, too, quite possibly the most beautiful Vietnamese baby boy in the whole world. Even if the Dr. doesn't give me the okay, we work with an orphanage in Costa Rica to help other people adopt who feel called (and also in Guatemala, etc.). If you're ever interested…I can send you details. And we know people through the SCC Foundation. But maybe God doesn't want you to adopt, but simply to pray and raise awareness?!?!? That's where I'm in prayer right now. I'm so grateful to God that a movie like that was even made and I pray that it does HUGELY well and that sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people are affected by it and either adopt themselves or find more ways to support it.
It doesn't surprise me that it affected you so much. Isn't it funny how even via a blog we can tell these things about people.
Thank you for caring so much.
Love, hugs and turquoise joy,
L
PS The door color rocks. I painted my daughter's room that and it's just an explosion of happiness, isn't it?

15 Christine Edwards November 30, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Your desserts look pretty amazing as they are! Yum! We saw The Blind Side this weekend, and it was very hard for me not to cry during it. It's nice to know that our actions can make such a difference in others lives.

16 Karin Katherine December 1, 2009 at 10:30 pm

I so want to see that movie. I think there should be a documentary on how many children find a home because of that movie. One of my friends has been BEGGING her hubby to adopt…he always said NO< NO and NO….After watching that movie he brought it up to her by asking if she was still interested!