Thanksgiving Banner

by Edie Wadsworth on November 13, 2009

DSC_0839
Do ya’ll miss the 12 days already? So do I. Thus, I’ve decided to accept ideas from anyone who’d like to do a tutorial similar to the ’12 Days’ tutorials on this blog anytime between now and before Christmas. If you have something you think we just MUST know how to do, let me know and we’ll feature them randomly in the next few weeks. It’ll be kinda like an encore.
DSC_0842

And, in the spirit of creative living, I thought you might enjoy my first attempts at Thanksgiving/Christmas decorating. I took Darby’s idea from day 12 and made the cutest banners ever. I just printed these wonderful letters on regular paper and stapled them to a ribbon and then hung them from my cabinets.

It reminds me to be thankful for all the little things I so carelessly take for granted.
It reminds me that gratitude is not automatic. It must be exercised and cared for and sought after.
That thankfulness is a choice—-and leads us to see ourselves and others in a new light.
Gratitude changes us. And learning to be grateful takes effort and discipline.
So, I thought this giant sign would be perfect for my stubborn, crazy brain.
Like someone is screaming—-in a sweet southern voice—-’remember to be thankful’. I think it may help. And let’s face it, it’s a nice change from gourds and turkeys.
DSC_0845
Visit The Inspired Room for more inspiration and reasons to be thankful!

1 Ells November 14, 2009 at 1:08 am

oh good! I was sad that your 12 days festival was over, and look forward to more tutes! Thanks for putting together such a fun event!

2 Cate November 14, 2009 at 1:39 am

Like Ells said – will be looking forward to more tutorials :-)

Love the banners – and love the sentiment even more.

Cate

3 Sheri November 14, 2009 at 1:53 am

I painted a sign that says "This is the best day of my life." It's my reminder that every day God grants me is the best day of my life, because it's another day.

4 Kathy November 14, 2009 at 1:54 am

Oh, I am so glad you will continue on with some more craft !
I have LOVED your 12 days and I made the dish towel thing for me and as a hostess gift for a friend. I love mine – it makes me want to wash dishes !!!

5 Preppy 101 November 14, 2009 at 2:45 am

So enjoyed your 12 days!! Thank You!! xoxo

6 Julie @ Joy's Hope November 14, 2009 at 4:41 am

Just found you (yay!) and loved all of the tutes. Brilliant. Bookmark worthy. Anyway, I know this girl would lovey, love, love printable PDF files of this rad banner. Just saying. I would give lots and lots of thanks for it.
Lots.
For reals.
Lots.

7 Stephanie November 14, 2009 at 5:38 am

I love it! And I loved your 12 days. So much fun and some really great ideas.
Love the banners!

8 Kelly November 14, 2009 at 6:12 pm

I just started reading your blog and I absolutely LOVE it! I love all of your creative ideas and feel so inspired to redecorate my entire house….however I am 8 months pregnant and my husband thinks I am CRAZY! I LOVE reading all of your ideas and keep coming back for more! However I don't know how to sew but I am hoping to learn soon! Plus, I am so in awe of your homeschooling…I used to be a kindergarten teacher but "retired" after I had kids and I think what you do is wonderful! Thanks for giving me something to look forward to reading!

9 Jordin November 14, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Can you give me some hints on how you printed those letters? (font? and how to get that oval shape behind the letter?) LOVE your site and your creative ideas!

10 Hopefull November 15, 2009 at 6:11 am

thanks for reminding me I wanted to make a cute banner! tutorials were beautiful…a thankful heart is beautiful!….enjoy the pie, the cold air, the fun, the smiles, the family!

11 patty November 16, 2009 at 2:56 am

awesome, edie. looks great!

12 The Latham Family November 16, 2009 at 4:40 am

Yippee!! I have to admit that I was a little bit sad when the twelve days were over…they went by too quickly! Thanks so much for these ideas, and for sharing your life with us!

13 Jennifer Poppy November 16, 2009 at 4:41 am

Super cute!

14 Rachel November 16, 2009 at 6:48 pm

I am still drooling over your kitchen! I need to do a couple cosmetic makeovers on mine!

15 Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience November 18, 2009 at 4:26 am

Beautiful, Edie!

As always…

All's grace,
Ann

16 Shelley November 18, 2009 at 5:57 am

Adorable Banner. Just wanted to let you know we feature your idea (you) on HowDoesShe.com. Thanks for the great Idea! :) -Shelley @HowDoesShe

17 Polka Dot Sally November 24, 2009 at 11:13 pm

I love the bold letters and colors you chose for this banner – and the perfect place to hang it! Thank you for the inspiration and reminder.

18 Annette November 3, 2010 at 3:51 am

Love your Give Thanks Banner. Can you, please, give instructions to the technically challenged? (me)
Thanks!