Where angels fly

by Edie Wadsworth on April 26, 2009

I had every intention of showing you my ‘redecorranged’ bathroom today.  It’ll have to wait.  My son, who is JUST FINE, was hit by a drunk driver on the interstate late last night.   He walked away unscathed from a potentially life-threatening accident.   That kind of news changes your plans.  It changes the way you look at your children.  It changes the color of the dogwoods.  It makes  all things new.

Taylor,

May I never take for granted the strum of your guitar,

the strength of your beliefs,

the things that remind me of the little boy in you,

the amazing songs you write,

those baby blues,

and the sweet sound of your voice.

God has given me a gift.  I am blessed beyond measure to be your mother.  And I see you with new eyes today.  I will pray for you from a vulnerable heart.   I will cry tears of joy and purpose to be thankful.

And when the time comes—- and it’s coming very soon—-to let you go……..

I will remember that you are the Lord’s planting……entrusted to me but for a little time.   May he multiply the days, restore the years, keep you safe and give the growth.  And may you become ‘an oak of righteousness’ for His sake and His glory.  Strong and true.

I couldn’t be more proud.  Love you long time,
Mom
I’ll end this emotional day by playing this song for Taylor and Caiti that I used to sing to them every night before bed.

1 Mrs. Dunbar April 26, 2009 at 3:04 am

I hope Taylor is fine; physically and emotionally. You too.

Everything can change so quickly, can’t it?

2 Ruthie April 26, 2009 at 3:35 am

God is good… I am so very thankful that Taylor is fine. Nothing can bring you to your knees faster than your child being run off the road. It changes your perspective of the world and of your child. Wrap your arms tightly around him for a bit and then loosen them again so the two of you can continue to grow. Much love to you tonight Edie.

3 Oh My Word April 26, 2009 at 4:30 am

I’m so thankful all is well – I’ll rejoice with you.

And thank you for the beautiful prayer from your heart.

-K

4 "Hello... It's Me Again..." April 26, 2009 at 5:03 am

I’m so glad he is alive and well. Things like this can sure change the way we look at life.

5 patty April 26, 2009 at 10:49 am

…oh edie… let me wipe away the tears (yours and mine). God is good.

6 Michele April 26, 2009 at 10:50 am

Oh Edie! I am praising the Lord that Taylor is okay. Bless your heart, and his too. . . how scary, how very, very scary. Life is all about perspective isn’t it?

7 Love Being a Nonny April 26, 2009 at 11:08 am

Praising the Lord for your Taylor. Isn’t it good when we see them through NEW EYES?

8 Alison April 26, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Oh, my goodness–that is so scary. I’m so glad he’s okay and you’ve found the joy of being his mama all over again.

9 Vintagesquirrel April 26, 2009 at 2:50 pm

I can only imagine the relief and gratitude you are experiencing at this time. Praise the Lord Taylor is going to be fine. Because of your scare, I will hug my ‘babies’ a little tighter today.
-Michelle

10 EVN April 26, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Praise God…he is good ALL the time!

11 Christi April 26, 2009 at 6:26 pm

Edie, bless your heart! So thankful that he is okay!

12 Neisey April 26, 2009 at 7:28 pm

Oh my word! I’m so happy that he is safe. Praise God!

13 Jessica April 26, 2009 at 8:52 pm

Thank goodness you still have that awesome son of yours to hug every day. I had a dream Jaxon and I were in a horrible accident last night, it’s shook me all day. I can’t imagine how you must feel! Beautiful post, give him extra hugs from all your blog friends who have been blessed by his music.

14 Musings of a Homeschooling Mom April 26, 2009 at 11:34 pm

I am so thankful he is safe. God is good!

15 Ami April 27, 2009 at 12:10 am

So glad he’s fine physically. The emotional side may take a little longer to surface/work out after a traumatic car accident, but I have no doubt that you can guide him though it.

Take a breath- I know if I were you I would have been waiting to exhale for a while with worry and angst.

16 emily April 27, 2009 at 12:11 am

Edie, I don’t know what to say. I am thankful right there with you. I will take this tragedy turned miracle and weave it right into my perspective today. Thank you for sharing it.

17 Ruby Red Slippers April 27, 2009 at 1:28 am

Thank the Lord-Wow…Life can change without warning-and I am so glad it didn’t in this circumstance…

18 Holly April 27, 2009 at 2:34 am

Thank you Heavenly Father for Your protection over this family. Please keep Your presence ever-so-near them as they process and heal from this scary situation. Amen

19 Julie Magallanes April 27, 2009 at 3:43 am

I’m so glad God was watching over your son :) My daughter was in a car accident on Thursday going to soccer practice, very scary to get that call. Let’s both be thankful today. God IS good :)

20 Kathy Eller April 27, 2009 at 7:20 am

oh wow Edie…..oh wow

21 Kelly April 27, 2009 at 4:45 pm

God is Good, All the Time, All the Time, God is Good.

22 Ivy Morgan April 28, 2009 at 7:38 pm

oh my goodness, I’m so glad he’s okay! i love the song you posted at the end, so pretty, oh and I love your writing as well!

23 proudgrits11 April 30, 2009 at 3:32 am

I just found you through The Nester..I love you!! :) Love the thoughts on home-schooling, on parenting with grace…love it all. Oh, and the kitchen, too!! Especially the honesty with which you write. I'm listening to "Breathe In, Breathe Out" and boo-hooing. I am due any day now (my actual due date in May 6) with son #2. Our other son is 3.5 years old and we are desperate to meet our new son. This pregnancy has been a tremendous blessing–I am due on the very day I miscarried my last pregnancy, so God's goodness is soooo evident…but there are moments that you think, "What am I DOING??" Adding to your family takes such a leap of faith. To read this post, I was deeply reminded. Children…oh, they are a gift. My little boys will be big soon and I don't want to miss a thing!! Thank you for the reminder to ENJOY them and savor the time–I'll be a faithful follower of yours now! :)
-Tabitha