Spring Fever

by Edie Wadsworth on February 16, 2009

You might assume that all I did this weekend was quote Loretta Lynn.  You would almost be right.  However, while Stevie had a real fever and cough (so sorry honey…that I gave you all my germs) I had a touch of Spring Fever.  And found myself longing for birds and nests and eggs.  And this post from my friend The Nester only made my fever worse.  I’ve had ‘make sticks and feather’ arrangement on my to-do list for 6 months.  When I saw her arrangement, I knew I needed to steal the idea and make it my own.  She encourages such thievery.   If you consider doing this type of spring project this week, I would encourage you to put on some flip flops and listen to this.  It helps to ‘spring’ you right up.

So I gathered my supplies:  some sticks, some feathers, a bird, some eggs, and a real life nest (although slightly damaged by my tree climbing children) and began my creating.  The industrious bird who made that nest…..used a pipe cleaner.   Ummm, I’m a little impressed by that.

This is my first project in an attempt to redo my bathroom without replacing the sink, the cabinet, the floor, etc.  Which I would like to do.  I want to paint it, but that may have to wait until the kitchen is done.

I add some shells and lotus pods and some starfish….

and a little glass bowl and shells and eggs.

I love this little ‘arrangement’.  When I folded the towels, I took them one by one into the bathroom…..so I could keep enjoying this little box of sticks and feathers.  More to come on the bathroom soon.
I also discovered tumblr this weekend.  I think I’m gonna love it.  It’s also a Nester idea.  It’s a place to store all your links, favorite ideas, favorite audio, etc.  And if you add it to your bookmarks bar, when you come across a link you wanna save, you simply add it to your tumblr list by one click.  Just thought you’d like to know!

1 Sandy Toes February 16, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Ahhh..that arrangement is simply beautiful…I love the starfish “touch”….perfect.
-sandy toe

2 Melanie February 16, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Very pretty!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

3 leigh ann February 16, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Cool arrangement…and what a crafty bird that made that nest. Now that you have that Hank, they’ll be using tufts of dog hair in there. I put your button on my blog….I’m patting myself on the back for figuring out how to do more things…fun, fun, fun!!

4 "Hello... It's Me Again..." February 16, 2009 at 2:37 pm

I love that arrangement!

5 Gypsy aka Tam February 16, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Oh that is just beautiful!!! You did such a wonderful job. I’ll save that in my inspiration file.
Thank you for sharing.
Have a wonderful Monday,
Tam

6 Molly February 16, 2009 at 3:09 pm

OK I am totally in love with your decorating style. Please come to my house and decorate it HEHE. Have a great Monday!!!
~ Molly P

7 Sally Pepper February 16, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Love it.
Thanks to you I’m Twittering!

8 Ruthie February 16, 2009 at 4:12 pm

When my girls were little we used to clean our hairbrushes and let the hair fly away in the wind for the birds to build their nests… to this day my Sarah-20-does this… she has some pink highlights in her hair now she stands on her balcony at school lets it fly away and she looks for the nests to see if her pink hair has been used ;0)

9 Kim @ Forever Wherever February 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm

It turned out so pretty! I love all the shells! I can see why you too the towels in there one by one. :-)
-Kim

10 patty February 16, 2009 at 4:34 pm

it’s beautiful, edie! now i have to go clean off my desk from it’s “nest” of papers… but guess what? i have a scrapbooking room in the works… something else to blog about?! :)
ps: i got another dozen :)

11 The Nester February 16, 2009 at 6:54 pm

Well, there’s my favorite bird again–it’s those wings that make it so lovely!

Your arrangement looks great! I got a few people asking for tutorials on it–maybe now I won’t need to do it!

Love you girl!

12 Jessica February 16, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Why do you have to be so good at everything? Now I have to go copying you again…I have an empty spot in my guest bath just like that, would look fab. Maybe I’ll try it. Great job! Hope the spring weather stays. Does it usually warm up that soon there?

13 Hi! I'm Kirsten... February 16, 2009 at 9:08 pm

Edie, this is beautiful and I too LOVED the idea when I saw it on Nesting Place! Well done in making it come to life in your home!!

Cheers! And blessings today :-)

14 Hi! I'm Kirsten... February 16, 2009 at 9:10 pm

Oh! I meant to add that “stumble upon” is another great link organizer/way to save internet bits and pieces…

15 LuLu February 17, 2009 at 1:30 am

Your arrangement turned out great, you are giving me the spring fever now!!! it’s so contagious!!! ;)
LuLu

16 Jennifer February 17, 2009 at 3:02 am

Beautiful. I’m feeling the spring fever growing, too… this weather just does it to me.

What I need is to figure out how to poof my ugly kitchen counter-tops into granite ones. Oh, and can I rig up something that will make my carpet suddenly look un-spotted by children’s juice boxes from years past? No? I guess I’ll just keep truckin’, then.

Happy gathering of sticks and stones…
oh, and I’m impressed with that little crafty bird who found the pipe cleaner, too. I can just imagine her, puffing her feathers over THAT find. :)

17 jen February 19, 2009 at 4:59 am

Can you please tell me where I can get some eggs like those???

Love them, and I would like a LOT of them; I need spring NOW!

18 mimi February 19, 2009 at 4:27 pm

I love your decorating style. I would want to go and sit in everyroom in your house. They seem so warm and inviting.

19 Vintagesquirrel February 19, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Hi Edie,
I’m catching up on the blogs that I missed while in Maine this week. This is fantastic. I adore birds and starfish, but would never have envisioned using them together. But it really works! Nester told m she added me to her Tumblr, but I felt so dumb cause I had no idea what that was! I’ll have to look into it.
Love, Michelle