I’m gettin’ my ‘stretch’ on……

by Edie Wadsworth on January 24, 2009

Don’t mind me. I’m just gonna practice my resizing skillz in photobucket…….

My little baby Grace is not a baby anymore….
Photobucket

I know you’re gonna think I’m biased, but Taylor’s band has a new CD out….which is not yet available for purchase…but which I have downloaded onto my iPod…..oh.my.word. It is fantastic. I love ‘running’ to it. It’s hard to believe that it’s someone I know and love….let alone my own son. Very surreal!
Photobucket

Caiti and her dear sweet friend Morgan.   Caiti and I raced each other in some dandy indoor go-carts.  I put up a mean fight, but she took me down.  I saw her texting her victory to a friend who replied to her, “What are doing at Fun Expedition racing go-carts with your mom on Friday night?”
Photobucket

My little ballerinas…
Photobucket

My mantle….which won a day of glory at Christmas….is feeling a little sad and undecorated. What should I do to it next? Although really, I do kinda like it just like this. Maybe I’ll paint it. Who knows.
Photobucket

The girls had to make up a sentence using the homonyms ant/aunt and deer/dear. Here’s what they came up with.
Photobucket

As you know, I’ve hit a little rough patch in the homeschooling. This is Stevie looking for ‘help’ for me on the board at Waffle House. I must really seem desperate. Very thoughtful though.
Photobucket

Maybe my favorite picture of Emme….which took up a whole page originally and then when I resized it smaller…..turned out like this.
Photobucket

Yeah, now I have to limit the TV time of the new puppy. He LOVES watching the Dog Whisperer.
Photobucket

Photobucket
So help a girl out….I set these photos to all be the same size and yet they turn out so different. Why? I ask you, why?  It seems that the ones I’ve cropped alot beforehand come out to be way bigger. Any photobucket experts out there?  I hate for ya to have to scroll for 10 minutes to look at one picture.  Wonder if I just resize it smaller if it’s been previously cropped? However, the few times I’ve tried that, it makes the picture tiny.  Enquiring minds want to know.

1 Mandi January 24, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Edie, I wish I had some sage advice regarding Photobucket, but that is completely out of my realm of expertise. I love the big stretched pics. It keeps me from having to zoom them to really see them. Good luck on your hunt for answers.

2 Sheri January 24, 2009 at 1:08 pm

I upload all of my photos to photobucket at the 300×600 (?) size. Then they are fine for blog viewing. The only thing to keep in mind though is if you want to order prints you want to keep a set as large as possible. (So I always have two sets: the blog set and my original sized set)

3 Jessica January 24, 2009 at 2:27 pm

That is kind of a pain isn’t it. They look great nice and big but who wants to have to make different sizes just for blogging…as if bloggin was time consuming enough. Good to know all this for when I give my blog a facelift…someday. I did see on facebook that Verity is getting there CD in Feb so I’m excited, I will be ordering one for sure. Crazy that your son is so great. :)

4 Dana and Daisy January 24, 2009 at 3:37 pm

I don;t have any photobucjket advice but I am giggling at your dog watching tv because sometimes I catch Daisy watching tv. But then she looks away as if she is embarrassed to be caught.

5 Meme January 24, 2009 at 4:06 pm

I, too, don’t have any advice on photo size (my last post is proof of that) but I loved the photo of Steve looking for help for you at the Waffle House. That place would be PERFECT if they would add margaritas to their menu…..

6 Meaghan January 24, 2009 at 4:07 pm

so i loved your blog so much that i had lyndsay redo mine too! silly. i’m having trouble with the photobucket nonsense too, so i’m excited to read your comments here!

7 chickadee@afamiliarpath January 24, 2009 at 6:15 pm

they look great. i would like to do that on my blog but can you with 3 columns?

8 carissa... brown eyed fox January 24, 2009 at 6:33 pm

the photo size thing…. urghhh!

shawn from Eclectic Whimsy shined a bright… might i add pretty… saves me OODLES of time… site!
Never have that photo problem!
WiNdOwS LivE WriTeR
free… quick… easy as all get out to download!
i… since using live write NEVER have to post through blogger! LW is genius! you get to actaully SEE how it will look (REALLY look) before posting it. i know that is what blogger preview says it does but then it comes out all messed up… right?

i was so ho hum about using it…. so glad i did! super easy to “pick up”… start… they give you CLEAR step by step directions. After doing it once… all it took!

i LOOOOOOVE it!

but really just googling Windows Live Writer does the trick!
if you try it let me know… :)

btw… i FREAKED when i saw your new design… oh my… i love it! THAT bird! the color! so GREAT!

9 Sarah April 17, 2009 at 1:16 am

Hi Edie, I love following your blog. You are so real and I adore your home projects! I just have to confess, I hollered out when I saw your fireplace… as in the hubby paused the movie and the entire family had to check out my laptop screen. I have the exact same one and just posted today on my fireplace redo!!! We are meant to be virtual friends. ;> God's blessings to you and your sweet family!