Local mother of four seeks Mother of the Year nomination……

Feast your eyes on the sweetest little bundle of furry goodness  you have ever seen.
I drove to Ashville at 6a this morning and became the proud owner of an English Golden Retriever.  The cutest most lovable one that has ever existed.  I’m sure of it.
….and spent the rest of the day in the midst of secret covert operations to hide Baby Dog until tomorrow…….
…..a little someone in my family who wears blue scrubs and who will remain nameless, did not think I could pull this off…….keeping a puppy in the house without the children discovering him.
and ‘said’ person who wears blue scrubs kept calling me today saying “Are you busted yet?”
O ye of little faith.  I’ve watched a few (hundred) episodes of 24 and I channel Jack Bauer.  So covert operations are my specialty.
The kids are in bed and noone suspects a thing.  Thank you.  Thankyouverymuch.  Now baby dog and I have bonded profusely and I am likely to accomplish very little over the next 2 weeks.
But despite the fact that noone will have clean laundry or cooked meals, I can assure you that I will likely be voted Mother of the Year.  (I think it more than negates my children’s sketchy flossing).
Thank you Stevie for another magical Christmas.  And for your vote.

Baby Dog, as I have affectionately called him all day, will likely be named Max.  Or Hank.  Or Scout. Or Jack.  Unless you wow me with a dog name that doesn’t remind me of some guy I went to  high school with who drove an el camino and had a rebel flag.

• Cyndi says:

Oh Edie good for you for pulling this off, we are getting a puppy to but she will not be ready to leave her mom till 1/10 so we will be getting a picture and puppy stuff from Santa! Lets see some good boy names would be Sam, Sann, Love Jack, we have a golden retriver that lives next door named Eddie! You couldn’t use that of course I will keep thinking but I bet your kids will have a good one.

• Meme says:

There is no doubt you will be mother of the year. He is gorgeous ~ looks like a Sage if I do say so myself! Have a very blessed, Merry Christmas Edie!

• Denise C says:

He’s adorable!!! What a lucky little pooch to be loved by your family!!! I hope you have a most wonderful Christmas!!! Hugs!

• Jessica says:

I think having a new dog in the house is like having a newborn baby. There’s just a sweet little spirit in the home and you just want to love on it and never leave the house. Have fun with your adorable dog. I’m shocked you’ve kept the kids from discovering it. When we got Abby, she was whining during the night. Good luck.

• Vashti says:

He is adorable and i am so imoressed that you are managing to keep him a secret! Where on earth are you keeping him that the kids dont know??
    We have 5, yes thats 5, dogs. Molly, Harry, Sally, Bailey and Boscoe! I love them all.
    Have a wonderful Christmas and make sure you get photos of when the kids finaly see him. THey are going to be so excited!
    Have a Blessed time

• Erica says:

Oh my is that puppy sweet… And you rock for keeping such a huge surprise!! Hope you all have an amazingly wonderful Christmas! ( I can’t wait to see the lessons that little guy inspires!)

• Michele says:

Congratulations Mother of the year!! I am amazed that you have hit this beautiful puppy from your kiddos. He is precious. I have been nagging, well asking, Jon for a dog for Christmas. We finally agreed on an English bulldog, but they are soooo expensive and potentially have health problems. I told him I don’t care what kind of dog we get I just want a dog. Oh well!

You know, I really like the name Jingles. You got him at Christmas. He has the jingle bell around his neck? I also like Max. We said if we got a bulldog for Christmas, Max was one of our names . . . . like Maximus from “Gladiator.”

Merry Christmas!!

• Davisix says:

Oh Edie…just wook at him!!! I wuv him and his big brown sweet full of puppy love eyes!! But here’s the thing, Sister, there can only be one MotY and I’m vying for it. I take my schmoozing of the children seriously. I’m pretty sure your title is in jeopardy. ;)

Love you and wishing you a most blessed Christmas. Puppy hugs!! Ang
    P.S. How can you NOT name him Jack?

• Gina Williams says:

Well, You have outdone yourself. He is precious and I can’t wait to meet him. I even bought him something yesterday while shopping. I really like Max, but Jack will have to be my pick. Close to Jake, Jack Bauer “covert operations”, what choice do you have? Love You!!

• Mandi says:

Merry Christmas! You will definitely be voted Mom of the Year for that gift! I told Lon the other day that a puppy would be the ultimate Christmas gift. I love all of the names you picked. We used to have a lab named Trooper. I love Scout , and Jack would be tops for me too. Hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas! I’m sure you will!

• Tiffani says:

It must be in the AIR!!! We have our own “new baby” also known as “Sugar”….a golden retreiver/lab puppy that looks VERY much like your baby dog!!!

I was LAUGHING out loud about the dog negating sketch flossing…seriously! I’m ALL FOR that theory girl!!!

You have my vote…especially since you’re keeping it a secret!

Merry Christmas!

• Nikki says:

He is adorable! I love the name Jack since you are a Jack Bauer fan.

• Carrie says:

What a cutie! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with the new puppy!

• Mrs. Jones says:

Oh, he’s adorable! We had a Christmas puppy 2 years ago, and what a blessing he has been.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love BFL, and I just can’t believe the changes I’m seeing. It’s truly amazing.

You have such a beautiful family, and I just love your style. How on earth do you get everything done, though? I’m still trying to keep up with 3 kiddos. ;-)

Merry Christmas!

• Kelly says:

Oh my goodness. He’s adorable! I personally like the name Max because that is the name of our dog. Ha! We almost named him Jasper though. That’s another cute name for a boy dog. Good luck with your new family member. He will bring you many years of fun, I’m sure.

• Musings of a Homeschooling Mom says:

He’s so sweet! You rock! We had a Christmas puppy a couple of years ago. We got her on Christmas Eve. I do not think I could’ve kept her a secret!

Merry Christmas!

• Jessica says:

I’m leaning towards Jack, Ang is right. BTW – When I was 8 I got a puppy for Christms, I was sick with strep throat and boy did it make me feel better. I’m SO excited for your kids to get him. Can’t wait to hear how it goes.

• Mc Allen says:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! what a great momma – and he is soooooo cute!!! ♥ LA

• Jennifer says:

Oh goodness – don’t let my daughter see THAT. Yes, there’s no doubt you are Mommy of the Year. :)

Enjoy your day, O Queen.

Merry Christmas!

• Dreams of a Country Girl says:

I wanna cal him “God Love Em Hanky Wanky Panky Spanky Danky”….as my voice gets higher with each syllable.

• *Keli* says:

What an adorable puppy!!! How did you keep him quiet?! I’m a 24 addict and I’m going with Jack! Or you could name him Bauer! : ) Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! xo Keli

• youtube.com says:

Hello there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend
    to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from
    this website.

• This design is spectacular! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost
    moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job.

I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

• Hey! I understand this is kind of off-topic however I needed
    to ask. Does managing a well-established blog such as yours take
    a massive amount work? I am brand new to operating a blog but I do write in my journal
    daily. I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and feelings online.
    Please let me know if you have any suggestions or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners.
    Appreciate it!